When will Yuzu land 4A

SparkleSalad

When will Mr Hanyu land 4A?  

301 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

^ the gala in Helsinki is about 2-3 hours after men's LP, so for his own sake, he shouldn't do any quad. 

I would like to see Yuzuru focus more on his current LP layout, especially the 2nd half than 4A, there's enough things he has to work on that LP in GPs series. From all the interviews, that 4A is not ready yet, UR or not or how's the landing we never know. Landing jump in practice is one thing, landing it in program in a competition is a whole different beast.  I keep my old prediction, the soonest is the 2nd half of this season. And what's wrong with WTT ? Its an ISU comp and all records and jumps are ratified. The problem is not where he land it first, its how he gonna do after that to prove is not a fluke. Boyang is not the first one who land 4lz, but people always remember him first in every 4lz talk because of his quality and consistency  

3 hours ago, Bilge said:

I wouldn't want to be in the rink more. Imagine the pressure! It'd be a huge blow as if having Yuzu as a competitor is not scary enough

This discussion is reminding me of the 4lz he laid down during the 6minute warmup for (I think it was) WTT 2017 SP. He hadn't included it in his program yet but he jumped a massive beauty of a jump and it felt like he was dropping the gauntlet in challenge to the other competitors. It was basically saying 'Bring it next year, boys, 'cuz I'll be ready for ya' . 

IMO if he doesn't get it into his programs this year, he will definitely be cracking it out in a warm-up towards year-end.

But I still think that if it's in any way ready at all, 4A is going to show up at CoR. 

41 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

This discussion is reminding me of the 4lz he laid down during the 6minute warmup for (I think it was) WTT 2017 SP. He hadn't included it in his program yet but he jumped a massive beauty of a jump and it felt like he was dropping the gauntlet in challenge to the other competitors. It was basically saying 'Bring it next year, boys, 'cuz I'll be ready for ya' . 

He did 4lz at WTT gala practice, after the comp. The jump is good, not the landing though. 

13 minutes ago, Katt said:

He did 4lz at WTT gala practice, after the comp. The jump is good, not the landing though. 

I don't think that's the one I thinking of, but I can't find video of what I am thinking of. The one I'm thinking of, I distinctly recall he did it while he was wearing the LGC costume....maybe I imagined it? I remember watching it and being super impressed. 

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

Is it? Ok, it's bad idea. Hmm... so maybe the same scheme, but with gpf or jpn nats gala and then 4cc? 

I haven't seen quad battle for a long time and tbh it should stay like that. I don't think he should try 4a in gala. There's no warm up, under gala lightening, its too dangerous. Yuzuru stop doing quad at gala comp since 2016 ( He sometimes did lots of quad at gala practice though) Don't forget Nathan broke his hip because he tried 4S in EX. 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I don't think that's the one I thinking of, but I can't find video of what I am thinking of. The one I'm thinking of, I distinctly recall he did it while he was wearing the LGC costume....maybe I imagined it? I remember watching it and being super impressed. 

I'm pretty sure he never try 4lz in LGC costume or else there would be multiple video/gif. Maybe you mistake it with another quad ? This video include all of his 4lz attempt until COR : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJHTryl-smI

Do we know when he started landing 4Lo and 4Lz in practice? Like, just hearsay? Because my impression is that he manages to land them, then he goes on to train the jumps seriously for long months before he starts putting it in his programmes, and then it still takes time for it to stabilise. Like the 4Lo, he was on it for a long time. The 4Lz, there were reports well before that off season. Even a few suggestions that he'd been doing H&L runthroughs with 4Lz as his last jump, occasionally. After all that and an off season, he finally brought it into competition. 

Judging by that, he has to have landed the 4A already. Otherwise, what's he trying to do? Learn how to land it without UR, then learn to do it with steps before it, and then learn how to do it within his competition programme all in the span of about six to seven months? I don't think even Yuzu can do that. It would be utterly insane to try, he'd be risking breaking himself into pieces to try that. Honestly, the best case scenario for us would be if he has already landed it and comfortably with at least fifty percent +GOE percentage in practice. Because without that, this particular goal he's set for himself is incredibly risky. He'll go for it at some point because he's never said he'd do something and not done it but he has to be at least that far along for it to be a realistic goal. 

On 10/14/2018 at 6:59 AM, WinForPooh said:

but he has to be at least that far along for it to be a realistic goal. 

For this year. All our speculation is making the very big assumption that he is intending to get it done this season. 

On 10/14/2018 at 5:22 AM, xeyra said:

Yes, Katt is right, he never attempted a 4Lz publicly until WTT 2017 and then Rostelecom 2017. Well, aside from that ice show attempt with Plushenko around, where he fell, that was also recorded.

Ah my bad then. But I wonder why I feel like I saw him do it wearing LGC...

38 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

For this year. All our speculation is making the very big assumption that he is intending to get it done this season. 

Ah my bad then. But I wonder why I feel like I saw him do it wearing LGC...

Are you dreaming about Yuzu in LGC costume, @rockstaryuzu? :winky:

1 hour ago, salty said:

apparently keegan said he's still working up to the 4A and that he's landed it a few times in practice but is trying to get it stabilized???!?!?!?! ladies and gentlemen, we've got a race happening

And I know who I'm rooting for!