When will Yuzu land 4A

SparkleSalad

When will Mr Hanyu land 4A?  

301 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm honest enough to say that I want Yuzu to be the one to land it..... And I'm going to sulk if he isn't. (But also I would congratulate the other person, though likely grudgingly, because even if I am a biased idiot, I want to be a better person dang it)

42 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

I'm honest enough to say that I want Yuzu to be the one to land it..... And I'm going to sulk if he isn't. (But also I would congratulate the other person, though likely grudgingly, because even if I am a biased idiot, I want to be a better person dang it)

Oh I want him to land it first too, and tbh, it's not just one reason at this point. I really, really do.

I'd still be in awe of anyone who does land it, first, or otherwise, because it is such a monumental feat and I'd offer my congratulations. I'd be disappointed for sure if Yuzuru doesn't land the first one but it is so hard to begrudge anyone tbh; it is such a monster jump, Nessie is. 

But that just brings me back to this - I still believe that Yuzuru has the greatest chances of landing it first, knock on wood, precisely considering the difficulty of the jump. And everything crossed that everyone trying is safe and healthy. I don't think that even with more people trying, we'll end up with many people succeeding. At least not in the near future. 

19 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Oh I want him to land it first too, and tbh, it's not just one reason at this point. I really, really do.

I'd still be in awe of anyone who does land it, first, or otherwise, because it is such a monumental feat and I'd offer my congratulations. I'd be disappointed for sure if Yuzuru doesn't land the first one but it is so hard to begrudge anyone tbh; it is such a monster jump, Nessie is. 

But that just brings me back to this - I still believe that Yuzuru has the greatest chances of landing it first, knock on wood, precisely considering the difficulty of the jump. And everything crossed that everyone trying is safe and healthy. I don't think that even with more people trying, we'll end up with many people succeeding. At least not in the near future. 

I hope Yuzuru conquers Nessie first, just for the fact he works so hard and he deserves every reward he can get. On the other hand I really hope he stays healthy and doesn't skate with too much pressure. I love his kuyashii, but let's just enjoy Nessie and don't turn her into T-Rex...

Aaaand.... in case of Yuzu trying to lure Nessie from the lake in Helsinki, how much danger is he in? It's just Keegan at Skate Canada, RIGHT?

43 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

Aaaand.... in case of Yuzu trying to lure Nessie from the lake in Helsinki, how much danger is he in? It's just Keegan at Skate Canada, RIGHT?

Of those that went public that they're training the 4A, yup. 

I mean Keegan's in an interesting position. He could actually break through this season if he could stabilize that 4Lz. At SC it's an interesting field - Shoma, Kazuki, Jun, Jason, and ok, even Samarin maybe. So if he has a clean skate he could position himself pretty well for the GPF with a 2nd or 3rd but his 2nd assignment isn't easy at all. He's at CoR with Zu, Dima, Kolyada and Kazuki. So who knows what he'll decide. He could go for it even if his 4A is not in a good state, with a I've got nothing to lose, or he could decide to solidify his reputation with a clean skate, even if his 4A isn't that bad in practice and even if GPF is a bit too far this season. Lots of variables. 

12 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Of those that went public that they're training the 4A, yup. 

I mean Keegan's in an interesting position. He could actually break through this season if he could stabilize that 4Lz. At SC it's not a so-so field - Shoma, Kazuki, Jun, Jason, and ok, even Samarin maybe. So if he has a clean skate he could position himself pretty well for the GPF with a 2nd or 3rd but his 2nd assignment isn't easy at all. He's at CoR with Zu, Dima, Kolyada and Kazuki. So who knows what he'll decide. He could go for it even if his 4A is not in a good state, with a I've got nothing to lose, or he could decide to solidify his reputation with a clean skate, even if his 4A isn't that bad in practice and even if GPF is a bit too far this season. Lots of variables. 

I still hope that Yuzu will be the one to win Nessie's hand in marriage... :h99::animierte-smilies-liebe-erotik-228:

Knowing Yuzu's motivation right now is fueled a lot by landing the 4A, of course I hope he can do it first. I would love to see his reaction and that of his coaches. I am pretty sure Brian would be jumping out of his skin if Yuzu could do it!!!  I think, even with all he has achieved, this particular feat might rank at the top of his list... or at least right up there because we know it stems from childhood. Lots of people have won Olys, some have won it 2x, but a 4A is a mythical beast, as we all know.... 

13 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Iirc, Keegan said he won't do 4a this season.

Oh he did? Well if so, then questioned answered.

That leaves us with Yuzuru this season and perhaps AD Jr who is always a giant question mark. Well, knock on wood, Yuzuru settles this issue this season. Personally I do hope it's either Helsinki or Cor latest, so that he can start getting used to it.

I'm extremely conflicted with regard to Yuzu and the A4.  On the one hand I'd love to see it and for him to be first in competition to land it.  On the other I don't want him to rush things or heaven forbid get injured.  So please please be careful. :sign0009:

2 hours ago, Paskud said:

Iirc, Keegan said he won't do 4a this season.

Ok, I didn't remember correctly, sorry. :tumblr_inline_mm2wb3v3qq1qz4rgp: But I found right interview: https://bevsmithwrites.com/keegan-messing-what-now/

And then there’s that quad Axel, the new frontier. And Messing is walking into the ether of it. Messing says he and coach Ralph Burghart are “joking around with it.”

“It’s scary but it’s cool,” he said. “I haven’t tried it out of the belt yet, but we’re really hoping that we can work it out of the belt this year.”

And here’s what he really thinks: “It is the most scariest thing I’ve ever had to pull in on on skates,” he said. Mind you, the back flip was scarier, with his head inches from the ice. “I’ve landed on my face on that one, twice,” he said.

However, he has it figured out the back flip to the point that he can miss his takeoff and still get around. He feels confident doing it. But it took him four to five times in the harness to actually pull in on the quad Axel, because it was so scary.

When he started on the quad Axel, he was working on it three days a week, but now he’s backed off on it, with competition season coming up. ‘We’re hoping to go right back into it, and working on it again,” he said.

The hardest thing about the quad Lutz or the quad Axel is to NOT focus on the rotation. “If you’re just trying to rotate, you don’t jump. But if you jump too much, you don’t rotate,” Messing said. “It’s trying to find that perfect balance between jumping and rotating and finding that perfect balance to be able to spin at a ridiculous amount of speed.”

Interview is from 26 August. 

Everybody seems to be missing this, and I know I've got this thing for him, but nobody seems to be looking at Yuzu's training mate, Stephen Gogolev, who according to Brian has all the six non-axel quads in his arsenal.  If that is indeed the case I really do think he's in the 4A sweepstakes even though he's skating on the Junior level.  At least right now, though, he's out of the running until JGPF since he's already skated his two GP qualifiers.

10 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Everybody seems to be missing this, and I know I've got this thing for him, but nobody seems to be looking at Yuzu's training mate, Stephen Gogolev, who according to Brian has all the six non-axel quads in his arsenal.  If that is indeed the case I really do think he's in the 4A sweepstakes even though he's skating on the Junior level.  At least right now, though, he's out of the running until JGPF since he's already skated his two GP qualifiers.

I don't think Brian would be able to handle two of his boys attempting the 4A. The poor man's hair would be all but gone! :LOL:

24 minutes ago, micaelis said:

No, we're not missing anything.

1) His other quads need major work, his Lz isn't even a proper quad, or a proper Lz

2) Right now, he only jumps the Lz, Sal and the T, there are still the F and Lo that aren't even used in competition

and most importantly

3) If Brian allows a 14yo to even try an unassisted Quad Axel he should be banned from coaching. Not that he would, I am sure of it. It's madness.