When will Yuzu land 4A

SparkleSalad

When will Mr Hanyu land 4A?  

301 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now that the black horse ACI is out of the picture..... Hmmmm.... Well for sure it won't be at GFP or Worlds, it's too risky to debut it there. It's honestly a toss up between Helsinki and Russia for me. 50/50 no idea. He has a whole month to see whether he can bring his consistency and GOE up enough to include it. 

It will totally depend on his stamina, I think. If he tries to 4A beginning of Origin now, he'll need Ghislain to come on and tug him along on a little snowboard for the second half of the programme. With how completely different Origin is from his previous few frees, it'll take a while before he can auto-pilot it, it's taking a lot out of him.

I was in the Helsinki camp, but his gasping for breath at the end of Origin makes me think it will be later rather than sooner unless there was a reason for it - asthma attack?  If it was we won’t find out until ages after the event.

4 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

It will totally depend on his stamina, I think. If he tries to 4A beginning of Origin now, he'll need Ghislain to come on and tug him along on a little snowboard for the second half of the programme.

I shouldn't laugh, but I am laughing :embSwan:

I think that until he won't manage to have a decent 2nd half in comp he's not going to bring in his program such a disruptive element for his stamina (other than a mightly dangerous one)

In runthrough he has always skipped some jumps, spins or stsq, so we don't even know how clean he is in practice on the whole program at the moment...

Just now, LadyLou said:

I shouldn't laugh, but I am laughing :embSwan:

I think that until he won't manage to have a decent 2nd half in comp he's not going to bring in his program such a disruptive element for his stamina (other than a mightly dangerous one)

In runthrough he has always skipped some jumps, spins or stsq, so we don't even know how clean he is in practice on the whole program at the moment...

I find it amusing how we're debating  Yuzu adding Nessie to his layout not became of how difficult it is, or whether he can land it or not, but because of the impact on his stamina for the rest of the programme. It's like, yep, Yuzu could totally land this wickedly difficult, insanely challenging element sure, BUT WHAT ABOUT HIS STAMINA?!?!

11 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

I find it amusing how we're debating  Yuzu adding Nessie to his layout not became of how difficult it is, or whether he can land it or not, but because of the impact on his stamina for the rest of the programme. It's like, yep, Yuzu could totally land this wickedly difficult, insanely challenging element sure, BUT WHAT ABOUT HIS STAMINA?!?!

we've been desensitized by all that talking about 4A:13877886: it feels another time when people were even afraid to mention that jump:headdesk:

it has changed from people being 'ehhhh not possible, too dangerous, he shouldn't try' to all the media asking him about that at every chance they get...and apparently...he can't land it everytime. Just, you know, sometimes :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp::tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp::tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

1 hour ago, OonsieHui said:

But this is great! Stamina can be sorted out, his team has been handling that for years now. It's just a matter of getting him back in gear. It doesn't look like it's any kind of injury worry at all, I'm happy! 

Based on his condition at ACI, I think his training the next couple of months will focus more stamina and being able to complete his free more cleanly (and fixing those spins--his SP would have been clean without the spin errors :sadPooh:). Also, his 4Lo was only at about 50% success rate in practices (and success rate in practice > success rate in competition) so even his jump training will likely focus more on stabilizing 4Lo. Therefore I think 4A at GP events is unlikely. 4CC or WTT are more likely candidates.