When will Yuzu land 4A

SparkleSalad

When will Mr Hanyu land 4A?  

301 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

Well..... I don't know... is it certain that he needs to show it at practice? Because at PC he tried to hide his current condition pretty well and troll his competitors a little bit...

Not trying 4A in practice would be crazy... He needs to get used to the ice. it would be dangerous not to jump it in practice. Ice at every rink is different. Sometimes it's softer, sometimes it's harder. And ice rink at TCC has sand underneath the ice. Everything like that can affect the jump. And TCC ice rink's size is a little bit different than normal ice rinks and it doesn't have any boarders. 4A is a huge jump and he needs to know if he has enough room to jump it.  Nobody wants to land any jump on the borders. And even at Olympics, he still tried every single jump from his final layout in practice. He didn't skip any.

Learning 4A is crazy enough :headdesk: 

5 minutes ago, Yoa said:

Not trying 4A in practice would be crazy... He needs to get used to the ice. it would be dangerous not to jump it in practice. Ice at every rink is different. Sometimes it's softer, sometimes it's harder. And ice rink at TCC has sand underneath the ice. Everything like that can affect the jump. And TCC ice rink's size is a little bit different than normal ice rinks and it doesn't have any boarders. 4A is a huge jump and he needs to know if he has enough room to jump it.  Nobody wants to land any jump on the borders. And even at Olympics, he still tried every single jump from his final layout in practice. He didn't skip any.

Learning 4A is crazy enough :headdesk: 

And exactly like that... Yuzuru IS crazy... But of course, I don't want to see him injured again.

4CC if  he goes there.

I'm actually praying for no 4A in Helsinki, because it's bound to mess up the rest of the program even if he lands it. 

Though, logically speaking, Helsinki and Rostelecom would be strategically recommended, even if he's messy he could win against Kolyada/Jin, who are likely to be messy too.

8 minutes ago, airi said:

I also wouldn't be surprised if he tried it in practice just because, without any plans to jump it in actual competition :D 

He jumped 4Lz at WTT 2017. He jumped 4Lo at the Olympics. So maybe he'll jump Nessie in a few days... and give us a sneaky landing like that first 4Lz? xD (and we will replay those 5 seconds for the rest of the season?) 

5 hours ago, Yuazz said:

Yuzu said he want to try 4A this season right? Since he's the man of his words, I believe he will do it this season (if his health allows him to) I don't think he will try it at ACI because it was the first competition and he needs to know how judges score his new programs so my bet he's gonna try it at Helsinki. 

Uuhhh I'm so not ready for 4A. His recent 3A is soooo huge, I feel terrified and excited at the same time. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

He also said on media day that he wanted to land it 'before the deadline', whatever that means...presumably before someone else beats him to it. That means as soon as he can, IMO...which gives ACI a good chance. 

I remember us watching him doing a run through rinkside before warm up at ACI last year and freaking out when we saw the lutz entry for the first jump. We will most certainly know by warm up. Dear gods. :13877886:

Also, I voted Helsinki bc I too want to see it landed. :10814716:

15 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

He also said on media day that he wanted to land it 'before the deadline', whatever that means...presumably before someone else beats him to it. That means as soon as he can, IMO...which gives ACI a good chance. 

He'll try it this season for sure. And yes, deadline i.e. before someone else does. 

It is unlikely he'd try it at Worlds. Nor would he try a brand new jump at GPF. 
Nationals is a pressure cooker of various kinds this season. 

So, ACI/Helsinki/CoR or 4CC. 

He won't go for it if he thinks chances are low so it really depends where he is at with the practice %s at the moment, and onward.

Although i can't wait to see it , don't think it'll be at ACI since it's still too soon (a part of me think its a high possibility though). I don't think he won't take the risk to try it a GPF or Worlds and if he want to try it this season which he said he does i think it's gonna be either helsinki or cup of russia which i used my vote

16 minutes ago, cirelle said:

I remember us watching him doing a run through rinkside before warm up at ACI last year and freaking out when we saw the lutz entry for the first jump. We will most certainly know by warm up. Dear gods. :13877886:

I just had a rush of adrenaline reading this because I remember that moment as if it were yesterday! Gosh how many things happen in a year :headdesk:

I think he'll try it at Rostelecom at the earliest and won't leave it any later than JNats. This week he'll want to focus on just testing the programs out. And because he wants to get into the GPF, he will have to try and... skate conservatively? :68468287:... at Helsinki, at least. He might try it in Russia depending on how he places in Finland, if he feels he can risk some points and if Plushenko is watching. If he hasn't done it yet by Nationals, he'll do it at Nationals. I don't think he'll leave it as late as Worlds, because the longer he waits the fewer chances he'll have to succeed if it doesn't work.

BUT, you can also discard all of the above because 1) We've never been witness to the state of true unburdened wildin' Yuzu is currently enjoying and we are in truly uncharted Hanyu territory now, ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN and 2) Yuzu has never been this open and specific about his intentions. When he was going to do something crazy before he was cagey about it until he did it. Since he was actually talking about doing it before the season even started, to me that means he's REALLY confident and might be at the point where he can just whip out a 4A like whatever. (In which case... boi...)

1 hour ago, Smultron said:

This thread is bad for my health :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

This :13877886:

I voted for Helsinki, although really without much conviction. Not even sure I even want that to happen, because I feel I might not make it back home alive if that's the case :P 

Really almost anything can happen at this point, can't it? :laughing: