When will Yuzu land 4A

SparkleSalad

When will Mr Hanyu land 4A?  

301 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

That will never happen! 4A is already recognized as a possible jump with the according Base Value. The only way it would be 'valid' is if he underrotated it (it would still be 'valid' but the bv would be lowered and it would not be a true 4A in the eyes of a lot of people, Yuzuru included) or if it was downgraded (even worse than UR). But they will never say 'it is not valid'! 

If they call his 4a UR, it won't be first landed. The same way Trusova's 4Lz isn't first.

41 minutes ago, Paskud said:

If they call his 4a UR, it won't be first landed. The same way Trusova's 4Lz isn't first.

Sorry, I did a typo, I meant the only way it "wouldn't be valid" xP would be if it were UR or downgraded. (lol I surprisingly sound like an American President but I swear it was a typo)

But since I believe 100% that if Yuzu brings it to competition, it means that he CAN land it FULLY rotated (he rarely ever UR's his quads honestly, unlike many other skaters, so) I wouldn't worry too much about his first attempt not being valid. And if it's not valid because, say, he falls, it doesn't matter, he has the whole season to succeed at it c: 

I wonder who else was one of the super-cautious satellites who voted for next season...the other would be me :10814716:

I'm trying to keep my expectations super-low, so if Nessie appears before it will be a pleasant surprise, but I won't be disappointed if Nessie doesn't show. No pressure from me, Yuzuru!

If it appears at ACI, tho, it will be a shock :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: But I really think it's too soon, it's unrealistic to expect that from him, even if he's still Yuzu...

if it's really ready enough for him to try it this season, I would say COR, where he successfully debuted 4Lz and with Plushenko watching (talk about pressure:13877886:he'd hate to disappoint his idol...). I don't expect him to add it for a big comp like GPF or Worlds without trying it before...he's never done that, so it would be OOC:biggrin:

And he wouldn't try it at Nats because for him it's a major comp and the jump wouldn't even be ratified, so if he landed the jump well at Nats and failed to land it at Worlds he'd be really kuyashii:tumblr_inline_mn41rcGFcT1qz4rgp:

*conspiracy theory*

I'm starting to think, what if the placeholder for 4A is 4S? I'm talking about the 4S in the SP. There are no rules agains using a 4A as solo jump, right?

I know skaters should usually aim for a stable SP, but honestly, if his priority is 4A, not getting the gold, Yuzuru would risk messing the SP.

The SP is a bit less packed than the FS, now the free skate is shortened, and it requires less energy. IMO he'd have harder time jumping 4A in that crazy FS of his, where he needs to have enough energy to complete 6 more jumping passes and all the other elements... while in the SP after Nessie he would go for twizzle-3A (yeah, that ain't easy either...but maybe easier than doing 3 more quads and three combinations...) and then in second half his 4Tcombo that he could do on busted ankle... and we haven't seen his SP yet :devilYuzu:

*end of conspiracy theory*

but he has never debuted a new jump in the SP only, so that would be OOC too:68468287:

idk what to expect:14066882:

5 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

I wonder who else was one of the super-cautious satellites who voted for next season...the other would be me :10814716:

I'm trying to keep my expectations super-low, so if Nessie appears before it will be a pleasant surprise, but I won't be disappointed if Nessie doesn't show. No pressure from me, Yuzuru!

If it appears at ACI, tho, it will be a shock :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: But I really think it's too soon, it's unrealistic to expect that from him, even if he's still Yuzu...

if it's really ready enough for him to try it this season, I would say COR, where he successfully debuted 4Lz and with Plushenko watching (talk about pressure:13877886:he'd hate to disappoint his idol...). I don't expect him to add it for a big comp like GPF or Worlds without trying it before...he's never done that, so it would be OOC:biggrin:

And he wouldn't try it at Nats because for him it's a major comp and the jump wouldn't even be ratified, so if he landed the jump well at Nats and failed to land it at Worlds he'd be really kuyashii:tumblr_inline_mn41rcGFcT1qz4rgp:

*conspiracy theory*

I'm starting to think, what if the placeholder for 4A is 4S? I'm talking about the 4S in the SP. There are no rules agains using a 4A as solo jump, right?

I know skaters should usually aim for a stable SP, but honestly, if his priority is 4A, not getting the gold, Yuzuru would risk messing the SP.

The SP is a bit less packed than the FS, now the free skate is shortened, and it requires less energy. IMO he'd have harder time jumping 4A in that crazy FS of his, where he needs to have enough energy to complete 6 more jumping passes and all the other elements... while in the SP after Nessie he would go for twizzle-3A (yeah, that ain't easy either...but maybe easier than doing 3 more quads and three combinations...) and then in second half his 4Tcombo that he could do on busted ankle... and we haven't seen his SP yet :devilYuzu:

but he has never debuted a new jump in the SP only, so that would be OOC too:68468287:

:snpeace:It was me! Tbh, I don't think he will risk such a difficult jump so soon , when he is still recovering after that terrible injury (he still don't risk doing Lz and F bc of it). He knows better by now! just IMHO

12 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

*conspiracy theory*

Well, expect Hanyu and nothing can surprise you. :muahaha:

If he want to get the hang of it, ACI will be the safest competition for him to try it out since it is only a challenger series. And there is a video of him doing insanely huge 3A with normal entry (when was the last time we see him doing that normal 3A?).

I also think he will only try it for SP though. The way the FP is packed this year made me think that maybe 4A is too much for FP.

Uh, and I am not one of the crazy fans because I think he will do it at ACI. He is the crazy one, I am only trying to keep up. :13877886:

So many possibilities.

I think the safest option is ACi or WTT. Because it isn't a big deal to make mistakes there. WTT is the last competition of the season but it's usually a competition where skaters try new things. ACi might be too early... but with Yuzu you never know.  I am not ready for 4A at ACi :59227c768286a__s: 
GPF is too important to mess up so I don't think he will add it there. 

Worlds are the most important competition this season but they're also in Japan. He might want to land his first 4A in Japan. I don't think he would risk it at nationals.

There's a huge possibility he won't go to 4CC but imagine landing 4A in America to show who the real quad master is :devil3:  But I wouldn't be suprised if 4A ended up as a reason for another 4CC silver xD

I want him to try it in Helsinki because I will be there :tumblr_m9gct8HYvv1qzckow:And it's early enough to stabilize it before more important competitions.

But I think the most troll!Yuzu option is COR. Landing it in front of Keegan Messing and Artur Dmitriev Jr :mischief: It's the one I voted for.

But no matter what competition he chooses, we will know from official practices :13877886:

1 minute ago, Yoa said:

So many possibilities.

I think the safest options is ACi and WTT. Because it isn't a big deal to make mistakes there. WTT is the last competition of the season but it's usually a competition where skaters try new things. ACi might be too early... but with Yuzu you never know.  I am not ready for 4A at ACi :59227c768286a__s: 
GPF is too important to mess up so I don't think he will add it there. 

Worlds are the most important competition this season but they're also in Japan. He might want to land his first 4A in Japan. I don't think he would risk it at nationals.

There's a huge possibility he won't go to 4CC but imagine landing 4A in America to show who the real quad master is :devil3:  But I wouldn't be suprised if 4A ended up as a reason for another 4CC silver xD

I want him to try it in Helsinki because I will be there :tumblr_m9gct8HYvv1qzckow:And it's early enough to stabilize it before more important competitions.

But I think the most troll!Yuzu option is COR. Landing it in front of Keegan Messing and Artur Dmitriev Jr :mischief: It's the one I voted for.

But no matter what competition he chooses, we will know from official practices :13877886:

Well..... I don't know... is it certain that he needs to show it at practice? Because at PC he tried to hide his current condition pretty well and troll his competitors a little bit...