Media Link Requests

49 minutes ago, boredjodyc said:

Hi all :)

Not sure if I'm in the right thread to ask, but I wonder if there's existing Eng sub of CCTV commentary of Yuzu's competition programmes...?

Because if there isn't any I think I'd attempt to translate some.

Thanks!

Hello! I've only come across one subtitled CCTV commentary on youtube - the 2015 NHK Trophy SP.

Any other competitions are mostly translated and not subbed. {Link to the Competition & Commentary Spreadsheet}

Would love to see some CCTV subs because they always give lovely commentaries (that I've read so far). :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

3 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Hello! I've only come across one subtitled CCTV commentary on youtube - the 2015 NHK Trophy SP.

Any other competitions are mostly translated and not subbed. {Link to the Competition & Commentary Spreadsheet}

Would love to see some CCTV subs because they always give lovely commentaries (that I've read so far). :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Thank you so much!! 
Especially the spreadsheet link (I'm quite new here so I don't know my way around yet :facepalm:)

I'm interested in subbing the 17-18 Worlds H&L one. So I'll probably begin asking permission from vid uploaders! Just love the poetic way the commentators praised Yuzu's performances and have been wishing more people could access them, even subbed!

6 分ぐらい, boredjodycさんが言いました:

Thank you so much!! 
Especially the spreadsheet link (I'm quite new here so I don't know my way around yet :facepalm:)

I'm interested in subbing the 17-18 Worlds H&L one. So I'll probably begin asking permission from vid uploaders! Just love the poetic way the commentators praised Yuzu's performances and have been wishing more people could access them, even subbed!

I've heard mention of this fabled version but never saw it for myself. And never could work up the determination to look for it since I won't understand what's being said. So would be eternally grateful if you'd be willing to translate, sub and share it. *^_^*

2 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I've heard mention of this fabled version but never saw it for myself. And never could work up the determination to look for it since I won't understand what's being said. So would be eternally grateful if you'd be willing to translate, sub and share it. *^_^*

Don't know when it'll be ready yet but I'm excited to do it! Not gonna lie, I'm not professional translator but I just want to contribute a bit to the fandom.

I'm really lucky that I have a friend who's subtitler by profession (and even though the uploaders haven't answered me yet, I'm going ahead, having asked some friends as proofreaders *finger-crossed*)

14 minutes ago, boredjodyc said:

Don't know when it'll be ready yet but I'm excited to do it! Not gonna lie, I'm not professional translator but I just want to contribute a bit to the fandom.

I'm really lucky that I have a friend who's subtitler by profession (and even though the uploaders haven't answered me yet, I'm going ahead, having asked some friends as proofreaders *finger-crossed*)

Thank you in advance (to you and your friends)!!! I can never get enough of Worlds H&L commentaries. I even watch those that aren't subtitled or have no translations available (like the Greek and Estonian ones). Looking forward to the fruits of your labour! :tumblr_inline_mqt4gmPEiv1qz4rgp:

57 minutes ago, boredjodyc said:

I'm looking forward to your Hope &Legacy translation and I hope there will be other ones as well! It is always very nice to listen to the opinions of different commentators. And the CCTV ones are said to be good.

On 17/08/2017 at 9:18 PM, boredjodyc said:

Oh, this would be so fantastic! Thanks for tackling this project us! ^_^

Thank you all so much for your enthusiasm! I hope my output won't be too disappointing :tumblr_m9gck4P2Jf1qzckow:

Just a quick update: The uploaders granted me permission and I'm currently trying to download the HD versions supplied by them. My wifi is not helping  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Currently I'm working on shorter ones like 4CC Notte Stellata & NHK Requiem. Let's hope I'll not be too distracted by the ethereal skating and really do my work :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

1 hour ago, boredjodyc said:

Thank you all so much for your enthusiasm! I hope my output won't be too disappointing :tumblr_m9gck4P2Jf1qzckow:

Just a quick update: The uploaders granted me permission and I'm currently trying to download the HD versions supplied by them. My wifi is not helping  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Currently I'm working on shorter ones like 4CC Notte Stellata & NHK Requiem. Let's hope I'll not be too distracted by the ethereal skating and really do my work :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Yay! Thanks for the update! Looking forward to the finished product! :tumblr_inline_mqt4gmPEiv1qz4rgp:

4 hours ago, yana said:

tumblr_ngz9mot0Ng1szu7r9o1_500.gif

Anyone know where this from?

Not sure but the text says something like  "Towards the new era of figure skating. Hanyu and his generation's senior debut." It looks like a promo for perhaps Japanese Nationals 2010? The date says 26th Dec and Nationals was 24th-27th that year.

25 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Not sure but the text says something like  "Towards the new era of figure skating. Hanyu and his generation's senior debut." It looks like a promo for perhaps Japanese Nationals 2010? The date says 26th Dec and Nationals was 24th-27th that year.

No, because based on their yukata it's DOI 2014. Right now I trying to find the video. Anyway thank you helping.:tumblr_inline_nhkezmYSxk1qid2nw: