robin

Planet Hanyu Banner Competition 2.0

Hello everyone,

Maybe some of you remember last season's banner competition. The time has come, the new season is nearing and we decided to repeat it! Unfortunately this will go hand in hand with the retirement of last season's themes as we need to make room for new ones. Thank you all who have participated last time and made some great additions to our theme collection! We're sorry to see them go but it also means we get to have fun with new themes and banners :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi8ECy1qz4rgp:

In order to get the new themes up by ACI the submission deadline would have to be latest September 10th. But if you guys feel like that's not enough time we can disregard ACI and extend the deadline. (Please protest in this thread so that we can figure out another deadline.) The voting shall take place for a week after the deadline. The first stage of voting will be a week long public poll on a separate thread. The top 10 or top 5 banners (depending on how many submissions we get this time) will advance into the second stage where we, administrators and moderators, decide on the 3 winning banners. The winning banners will get a theme designed by us accordingly. 

The banner should be designed according to these guidelines:

• Width: 1200px
  • Height: 200-350px
  • The title has to be "Planet Hanyu" or "PLANET HANYU".
  • A subtitle is optional. It may be variations of "International Yuzuru Hanyu Forum" or "Forum dedicated to the two time Olympic Champion Yuzuru Hanyu". You'll have some freedom here.
  • Also design a matching 200x200px default avatar for the theme. (Example1, Example2)
  • Because it's harder to design layouts using pastel or highly saturated colors, it's recommended to limit the use of these colors.
  • Please do not use fantaken photos without permission or artwork that isn't yours.

For those of you looking for inspiration and ideas here's a prompt that may help you but doesn't have to be used: Flight and Wings :tumblr_inline_mp4i2vHXDy1qz4rgp:

Post a copy of your banner (use imgur.com or similiar sites) down below and it will count as a submission. If you're feeling secretive you may also PM it to me. If your submission from last year didn't make the cut you may resubmit it this year.

Most importantly, have fun! We're looking forward to your submissions :tumblr_m9ralgqmho1qdlkyg:

Edit September 11th:

On 9/11/2018 at 2:55 PM, robin said:

Hey guys,

Sooo change of plans! We've only had one submission which is a bit less than what we have expected. :P We thougt maybe some of you need that extra inspiration and time. Maybe the new costumes and photos from ACI might give you some ideas? That's why we're extending the deadline for an extra month. So the new deadline is October 10th.

At the end of it we are going to put all the submissions along with the winners from last year's competition up on a vote to have a few more options in the pool. Really really hope to have a few more of you participate this time!

Edit October 10th:

So the submissions have closed! We are going to have two polls this time. One will go down according to our original plan. You guys choose the top 5 and we narrow it down to 3! Additionally, since everyone seems to be very sad to see the old themes go, we will have a second poll to vote on which 2 banners from last year should stay! The polls will be up soon. :tumblr_m9ralgqmho1qdlkyg:

I'm excited to participate this time! as I missed the last year comp (eventhough I already made some banner) because of works. Hopefully able to complete it this time! 

1 hour ago, ranran said:

I'm excited to participate this time! as I missed the last year comp (eventhough I already made some banner) because of works. Hopefully able to complete it this time! 

Yay, if 3 weeks isn’t enough we can extend the deadline! 

Nooo, don't delete all old themes... (I always seem to come back to Winter Olympics 2018) 

Excited for new themes though!

4 hours ago, Moria Polonius said:

Nooo, don't delete all old themes... (I always seem to come back to Winter Olympics 2018) 

Excited for new themes though!

We will keep some themes, esp the ones that are reusable (new year's, birthday) and we can keep that one too :) 

6 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

We will keep some themes, esp the ones that are reusable (new year's, birthday) and we can keep that one too :) 

Yay! I seem to have seasonal fancies when it comes to themes, but usually fall back on one, first it was Hope & Legacy, and now Winter Olympics 2018. Well, who knows maybe one of the upcoming ones will become a trusty favourite!

Hey guys,

Sooo change of plans! We've only had one submission which is a bit less than what we have expected. :P We thougt maybe some of you need that extra inspiration and time. Maybe the new costumes and photos from ACI might give you some ideas? That's why we're extending the deadline for an extra month. So the new deadline is October 10th.

At the end of it we are going to put all the submissions along with the winners from last year's competition up on a vote to have a few more options in the pool. Really really hope to have a few more of you participate this time!

I can't believe 1 month passed by so fast, again I was caught up in work but since the period has been extended I manage to submit one entry :headdesk:

Quick questions, can we use official photos (like from magazines and such)? Can there be more than one submission per participant? I finally got inspired by the new costume.

13 hours ago, LeadenMyr said:

Quick questions, can we use official photos (like from magazines and such)? Can there be more than one submission per participant? I finally got inspired by the new costume.

Yes and YES :67638860: