Yatagarasu

[2018] JGP Linz (29.08 - 01.09)

I will be only a little late for Men SP, but don't know about anything else...

Don't know how much I will be able to watch live, but looking forward to seeing Daniel Grassl, Camden Pulkinen, Alena Kostornaia. Also excited to see Koshiro and Riko Takino for the first time in a while. Wishing Miura/Ichihashi good luck too.

Will be able to post my head off tomorrow, will do my best about the other two days...

Barring unforeseen crises I should be ok for tomorrow afternoon and Friday afternoon. It was great to see some live competition again last week

I think I can join to all events this time. For a second I was considering to go to Linz to see Kostornaya because it's just four hours by train and entry is free...but then I realized it's just better to save up as much as possible for later events in the season. I hope I can see Kostornaya one day.

It's back-to-back competitions for Luc, Daniel and Roman Savosin too so I'm curious how they'll do. :) 

Are we going to see Stephane and Florent Amodio too? :)Stephane is the coach of Noemie Bodenstein (and ofc Koshiro) while Florent is the coach of Sofia Sula from Finland.

Golding Set for Junior Grand Prix Debut

Elizabeth Golding (13) will become the youngest Irish figure skater to ever compete in an International Skating Union (ISU) Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating series event this weekend in Linz, Austria.

Golding, who turns 14 next month, took up figure skating at the relatively late age of seven. Born in Moscow, Russia to Irish father Gerard and Russian mother Olga, her first steps on the ice were in the United Arab Emirates where her parents now work. She still trains part-time in the UAE.  

At the age of 9, she was accepted into a skating school in the south of Moscow. For four years she has been under the tutelage of Alexandra Chistiakova, a former ice dancer who represented Russia and Bulgaria internationally. Golding travels to Russia for lessons and spends four to five months a year there while maintaining a healthy balance between her training and school work. She has also participated in summer training camps led by Olympic champions, such Alexei Urmanov (1994 Lillehammer) and Oksana Kazakova (1998 Nagano).  

This year she was named the best female athlete in the snow and ice sports category at the UAE Teen Sports and Fitness Awards. 

“My goal for this competition and the season in general is to put triple jumps into my programmes, do them confidently and still enjoy skating,” Golding said. 

I might miss the guys FS but other than that I think I can watch everything :hachimaki:

Oooh Dudakov with Kosto! Knock on wood, that's fantastic. He's great with her. 

Don't know about the SP record though, who knows. Depends on the judges probably because if she's clean she's better.