Yatagarasu

[2018] JGP Linz (29.08 - 01.09)

7 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Oooh Dudakov with Kosto! Knock on wood, that's fantastic. He's great with her. 

Don't know about the SP record though, who knows. Depends on the judges probably because if she's clean she's better. 

I don't know abt the judges but I like Kosto more! Little Anna S is very good but Kosto is special! Quads or not to me she's the best of Eteri's junior girls! 

2 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

I don't know abt the judges but I like Kosto more! Little Anna S is very good but Kosto is special! Quads or not to me she's the best of Eteri's junior girls! 

My favorite Junior girl too! I don't care about the quads, to be honest, if she can get the 3A during the season as they seem to be planning, I would be thrilled because now that is an investment in the future that is long lasting. Knock on wood!

38 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Depends on the judges probably because if she's clean she's better

She is. Neither girl has a perfect set of jumps, but Kostornaia does have decent edge jumps, a better double axel, her jumps look bigger in general, and she gives a more mature performance in general. Of course, Shcherbackova was plenty mature for her first time out.

I won't make it for the last group or last group and a half of boys tomorrow... luckily it's my last 2 days of work, so I'll be free for the next competitions hopefully! I need the starting order lol I want to know who I'll be able to watch! 

42 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

She is. Neither girl has a perfect set of jumps, but Kostornaia does have decent edge jumps, a better double axel, her jumps look bigger in general, and she gives a more mature performance in general. Of course, Shcherbackova was plenty mature for her first time out.

She was quite good, yes, I enjoyed her SP a lot. Daniil really tailored it for her and that's one of the advantages there because while not bad, Kosto's SP or what we saw of it, isn't of similar quality. She can make up for it, no doubt but in that case, her advantage sort of evens out there. We'll see how that turns out. She does have the reputation from last year that Anna S does not. 

I won't be able to see much live, but will try to steer clear of Figure Skating websites, so I won't see 'spoilers'. 

My experience from last year is that this never works ;)

9 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

She was quite good, yes, I enjoyed her SP a lot. Daniil really tailored it for her and that's one of the advantages there because while not bad, Kosto's SP or what we saw of it, isn't of similar quality. She can make up for it, no doubt but in that case, her advantage sort of evens out there. We'll see how that turns out. She does have the reputation from last year that Anna S does not. 

I haven't seen her SP. I just heard her music cuts were bad there, too. 

Wow, I hope she'll be fine, then. I still expect her to make the JGPF, but there she might suffer in comparison.

Mmmh... I believe in a clean-vs-clean battle, the only way Daniel could beat Orzel is by landing that 4Lz, and landing it well... he will not be rewarded for any PCS and I think there will still be a gap between him and the guys from bigger federations. Although I don't remember how Orzel is, SS wise. This is like the first year I am seriously invested in Juniors (and I still avoid Pairs and Ice Dance LOL) 

11 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Kostornaya is the Russian jr girl with best ss. That's why even when her programs are transition-packed like any Eteri girl, you can't even tell cuz she's soooo smooth on ice. Her masterful arm movement that's always in sync w her skating helps too. Anna S isn't that good yet.

I hope puberty doesn't affect her brilliant ss cuz I see a few ones skated worse when they grow lmao.

29 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Although I don't remember how Orzel is, SS wise.

<he's almost senior, so>

His SS are pretty meh. Empty performer, too.