Yatagarasu

[2018] JGP Bratislava (22.08 - 25.08)

I'm so so excited! But man, if you'd told me a year ago that I'd not only be following the junior circuit, but actually getting up and going to a JGP event, I'd have told you you're crazy :laughing: (actually, if you'd told me I'd plan not one, but three FS-related trips in a year... :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:). But it's taking place one bus ride away from me and I couldn't pass up the opportunity, that with such an exciting lineup :cheer:. I'm mostly looking forward to Stephen and the Russian ladies but I'll go to ID and pairs too, since I have the tickets to them.

5 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

I can't wait for the first JGP of the season, it's going to be really exciting. There'll be lot of great skaters in the men and ladies field (and I don't know much about junior pairs/ID but I have an all-event ticket so I'm going to watch them too - or at least some groups).

I am curious how Stephen will skate at his first JGP, and also how Daniel Grassl improved since last season (and of course about his 4Lz), there'll be Donovan, Mitsuki, Andrew, Egor and Roman, too. In the ladies it'd be great to see Anna Shscherbakova's 4Lz as well but I am not sure she's going for it this time.  Or You's 3A, but she may try it at there.

So you're going? That's great. Have fun!

Am also curious about those people mentioned above. A lot of big names (at least for juniors) will have their debut here, or will potentially do things we haven't seen them do before.

I think Stephen is keeping his SP,  right? Am happy with this as it's memorable and fun.

I hope You Young does better than last year and becomes a medal contender. She's the biggest Korean name in juniors right now.

It's August. I had planned on going to the beach on Friday morning...but that's the time of the men's program.... i've never had this dilemma before since I usually don't follow juniors that much... hmmm...guess it depends on the weather....

Edit: Oh my gosh. I"m in Ontario... beach season isn't that long, I should go there... maybe....

3 hours ago, Deliverpooh said:

So you're going? That's great. Have fun!

Am also curious about those people mentioned above. A lot of big names (at least for juniors) will have their debut here, or will potentially do things we haven't seen them do before.

I think Stephen is keeping his SP,  right? Am happy with this as it's memorable and fun.

I hope You Young does better than last year and becomes a medal contender. She's the biggest Korean name in juniors right now.

Yes, I'm going. Watch me drop my phone and collapse if Yuzu announces his programs while I'm there in the arena :rofl:

Stephen keeps his Woodkid SP which is good!

I also hope You will be a medal contender. I'll cheer for her.

I kinda wish we did prediction game for jgp. It should be fun, even though the new skaters. 

15 hours ago, liv said:

It's August. I had planned on going to the beach on Friday morning...but that's the time of the men's program.... i've never had this dilemma before since I usually don't follow juniors that much... hmmm...guess it depends on the weather....

Edit: Oh my gosh. I"m in Ontario... beach season isn't that long, I should go there... maybe....

Perhaps you can watch on your phone... from the beach? ;)

15 hours ago, Sammie said:

I kinda wish we did prediction game for jgp. It should be fun, even though the new skaters. 

Seconded:cheer:

I'm really curious about Anna S, almost everybody seems to think that she has a win in the bag, but I can imagine the pressure she must feel... Well almost every russian girl in JGP must feel pressure, but with media exposure she gets because of quads it's so much more...

1 hour ago, Smultron said:

Oh that itch for live skating, can’t believe the drought will end so soon :tumblr_inline_n2pjd0dgUw1qdlkyg:

Exactly. Two more days:happy0065:

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

I can't wait! :11135030: I missed Ted :67789441:

That man is a gift :tumblr_inline_mp4i2vHXDy1qz4rgp:

Thank goodness we're practically there, I've missed skating.

6 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

That man is a gift :tumblr_inline_mp4i2vHXDy1qz4rgp:

Thank goodness we're practically there, I've missed skating.

That, too! The new season is really about to start! This summer passed incredibly fast! 

I was hoping to follow this live but real life disagrees :sad-smiley-046:

Maybe I can catch at least part of it later.. or even better, find a way to reschedule my meetings (why can't watching FS be an acceptable excuse to ditch your responsibilities :sigh:)

11 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Maybe I can catch at least part of it later.

The official channel should have it all so it should be ok.

I feel you about the rest :13877886: