Suggestions?

Not sure if this has already been brought up but could we have notifications whenever we're quoted?

Also please could we switch the draft and the post reply button round? I keep accidentally drafting stuff instead of replying.

Thanks for all the work so far :)

The Control panel has a board settings feature and one of the options there is to enable notification of replies. I turned it on but haven't been quoted yet to check if it works.

Edit: As is happens, this doesn't seem to have done much in terms of notifying you through the inbox here, only through email, and it's in general: as in, when someone replies to the thread, it warns you. It doesn't notify you of direct quotes of your own posts.

Is anyone working on a banner for the forum? I haven't worked in graphics in a while but if no one's doing one, I could try and cook something up on GIMP. I'd just need to know the size. Let me know if that's needed.

i like to make a banner too...

i'm not a graphic designer but i think it will be fun if users can submit banners and stuff...

I think it might be fun to have rotating banners, hehehe, surrounding some set dimensions and criteria (for example where the name should be, approximately)

Not sure if this has already been brought up but could we have notifications whenever we're quoted?

Also please could we switch the draft and the post reply button round? I keep accidentally drafting stuff instead of replying.

Thanks for all the work so far :)

The Control panel has a board settings feature and one of the options there is to enable notification of replies. I turned it on but haven't been quoted yet to check if it works.

Edit: As is happens, this doesn't seem to have done much in terms of notifying you through the inbox here, only through email, and it's in general: as in, when someone replies to the thread, it warns you. It doesn't notify you of direct quotes of your own posts.

I don't think I'll turn it on in that case since I don't want to be spammed in my email but thanks anyway. And yeah I hope somehow the mods manage to link it to the PM box or something

Is anyone working on a banner for the forum? I haven't worked in graphics in a while but if no one's doing one, I could try and cook something up on GIMP. I'd just need to know the size. Let me know if that's needed.

i like to make a banner too...

i'm not a graphic designer but i think it will be fun if users can submit banners and stuff...

I think it might be fun to have rotating banners, hehehe, surrounding some set dimensions and criteria (for example where the name should be, approximately)

Ooh I really hope we get to do a banner competition at some point (maybe like every off season). I remember when my IT teacher taught us how to make animated banners with loads of features :yay:

Yes!

Hi, quick suggestion.

Maybe competition translations should be separate from other translations, and put with where competition videos might be? Because they can come in the form of subs or text. And it's confusing to go for BESP in competition, and translations for other languages

And maybe we can continue to use our spreadsheet after it's been updated with new links to the copy we made of FF :)

To follow up on my suggestion, what if I started a competition translation thread in the competition and events area, maybe you guys can pin it?

With an ask for people to repost their translations in this thread, if they're willing. And then I can start to contact people who've made it here/ or pm them on GS if they haven't been banned too :)

(I posted in the brainstorm spreadsheet since I saw my row, but thought I'd post here as well)

It is great that this site allows for images and gifs t be embedded,and I also read suggestions about embedding videos as well which is nice. However, when you have slow Internet like mine the pages take ages to load. I hope you consider that when putting images or banners.

Yes!

Hi, quick suggestion.

Maybe competition translations should be separate from other translations, and put with where competition videos might be? Because they can come in the form of subs or text. And it's confusing to go for BESP in competition, and translations for other languages

And maybe we can continue to use our spreadsheet after it's been updated with new links to the copy we made of FF :)

To follow up on my suggestion, what if I started a competition translation thread in the competition and events area, maybe you guys can pin it?

With an ask for people to repost their translations in this thread, if they're willing. And then I can start to contact people who've made it here/ or pm them on GS if they haven't been banned too :)

(I posted in the brainstorm spreadsheet since I saw my row, but thought I'd post here as well)

I'll pin it, no problem

Not a priority but I think it would alleviate the spam/phishing issues if eventually you get a SSL certificate and use HTTPS

https is quite necessary i think in this day and age, so seconded.

Sorry, I spam this thread >"<

But another suggestion: if possible can we show the post number (by that I don't mean the total post number, but rather, "#1" "#2" "#3"). This will help immensely when we have towers and especially for organizational threads.

Not a priority but I think it would alleviate the spam/phishing issues if eventually you get a SSL certificate and use HTTPS

https is quite necessary i think in this day and age, so seconded.

Yes we want people to trust this forum