Suggestions?

14 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

It could be a good temporary solution :yes: But those who disabled the signature feature like me will not be able to see it :tumblr_inline_n2pjd8JxGM1qdlkyg:

Well you're right. I added a "Member bio" section that will show up under the profile photo. Unfortunately it won't work on mobile, but if someone clicked on a profile, they'd have all the info on mobile as well. :)

@napofagalaxy Feel free to use this option as well!

edit: Added a pronoun option, as well.

Guest turquoiseblue
9 hours ago, robin said:

Well you're right. I added a "Member bio" section that will show up under the profile photo. Unfortunately it won't work on mobile, but if someone clicked on a profile, they'd have all the info on mobile as well. :)

That is perfect! :5GOE: Thank you for your quick response and solution! :thanks:

14 hours ago, robin said:

Thank you so much! I hope you have a lovely day 💕

On 3/29/2022 at 9:31 PM, turquoiseblue said:

Thank you to the admins and moderators for all the hard work :thanks:

It's been a while since the Instagram embedding feature stopped working and I was wondering if we could have it back. It's not that I'm complaining. I was reading some old threads and it was sad to see the embedded ones disappeared :tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg:

it should work now 👀

but i'm not sure it'll apply to old posts. do you have an example?

FB really changed the way embeds work, i had to submit a request to them to enable it for our site.

Guest turquoiseblue
1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

it should work now 👀

but i'm not sure it'll apply to old posts. do you have an example?

FB really changed the way embeds work, i had to submit a request to them to enable it for our site.

Test:

Thank you very much, @yuzuangel:5GOE: :thanks:

I've checked out some posts in the cats thread from 2017 and the old embedded Instagram posts are now displayed :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg: Those Instagram links posted after the embed error occurred still show only the URLs but it's OK.

Thank you again for your hard work! :worship::worship:

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm not sure the reason behind it, but I personally think that making videos unavailable for guests is a mistake. Requiring large numbers of comments for members to watch certain videos is too. The videos are a really precious resource, and for a lot of people it's their introduction to the fandom. FS is inaccessible enough as it is, and most newcomers won't bother if they're met with so many hurdles 😭
Please know I'm not being hostile at all, just sharing my thoughts 💛 

Edit: after more digging I've found out it's because PH was reported for copyright 😞 I'm sorry the team is dealing with this and I hope it can go back to normal soon