Suggestions?

@yuzuangel, thanks for your response. Since my last query, I have two images in mind - a single feather or a paper crane. I came across this article https://www.finefeatherheads.com/the-meaning-of-white-black-and-grey-feathers-a-message-from-the-divine/ and liked what was written. It contained nice feather pics too. I particularly like :

“Feathers are sacred gifts from the Divine, a show of force from the heavens that they are listening to your prayers, your wishes and your desires. It’s a symbol of acknowledgment, that someone or something in the spirit world is looking out for you, keeping you safe and empowering you to whatever path you set upon. If you see a feather, your angel is near and they are reminding you that, with them, you are safe.”

In view of the space constraints, I'm thinking of a single feather with options:

1) Either white or black single feather. I've a slight preference over white one though.

2) Black and white single feather

As for the paper crane, I love Martina Frammartino's idea of folding cranes in Yuzu's costumes (someone shared it on this forum). For me, top on the list is Ten To Chi To for his current FS. However, it would clash with members' default profile pic. So next on the list is White Legend (for his senior debut). I think it would be wonderful to collaborate with his other supporters, bridging connections within the fanyu kingdom. 

The administrators or any keen party are welcomed to throw in more creative ideas :happy: I'm only too happy to show our support for Yuzu in another way besides the Yuzu banners that were creatively designed and displayed at competitions.  

On 15/11/2021 at 8:37, YuzuSkating_IsTheTruth said:

the idea of replacing the rocket-like icon on bottom left of our profile pic with a paper crane to show our united stand and support for Yuzu 

I second this! It would be a nice detail, also taking into account that satellites have also folded cranes (2017 right?) for Yuzu before! :tumblr_m230pl4UqL1qfamg6: 

Hace 21 horas, yuzuangel said:

What image would you like to use? I think it's possible to change that image but it would have to be for everyone, I don't think there's a way to do it only for those who opt in, I think.

I'd suggest a simple, golden one! :67638860: 

11 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

I second this! It would be a nice detail, also taking into account that satellites have also folded cranes (2017 right?) for Yuzu before! :tumblr_m230pl4UqL1qfamg6: 

I'd suggest a simple, golden one! :67638860: 

I wasn't on board then, hence no idea fellow satellites folded cranes for Yuzu. Maybe we can get them to contribute an image of the cranes they folded (surely they must have pics for that)?

Great minds think alike! Yes, I did think of a single gold feather but at this stage of his competitive career, he's not focusing on medalling but landing 4A. Hence, I dropped any colour schemes associated with the podium. I don't know how the team running this forum works. Do you guys need to meet (virtually) to vote and decide on issues that affect the design n feel of this platform? As I said previously, I'm only too happy if this rocket-like icon can be changed to reflect something more meaningful for Yuzu and satellites (no offence meant cos I'm unaware of the initial objective of introducing it).

hace 48 minutos , YuzuSkating_IsTheTruth said:

I wasn't on board then, hence no idea fellow satellites folded cranes for Yuzu. Maybe we can get them to contribute an image of the cranes they folded (surely they must have pics for that)?

Great minds think alike! Yes, I did think of a single gold feather but at this stage of his competitive career, he's not focusing on medalling but landing 4A. Hence, I dropped any colour schemes associated with the podium. I don't know how the team running this forum works. Do you guys need to meet (virtually) to vote and decide on issues that affect the design n feel of this platform? As I said previously, I'm only too happy if this rocket-like icon can be changed to reflect something more meaningful for Yuzu and satellites (no offence meant cos I'm unaware of the initial objective of introducing it).

Gold will always be associated to Yuzu no matter what goals, situation or if he’s competing or not :67638860:! His heart and core is golden so imo not only related to medals or podiums. :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

19 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:
On 11/14/2021 at 11:37 PM, YuzuSkating_IsTheTruth said:

actually we folded swans bc of swanyu, not sure if we can get that into a little icon tho? 

8 hours ago, YuzuSkating_IsTheTruth said:

there's no original meaning hahaa, it's actually just the default. i'll think of something Yuzu related to replace it with :) 

8 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Gold will always be associated to Yuzu no matter what goals, situation or if he’s competing or not :67638860:! His heart and core is golden so imo not only related to medals or podiums. :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

Couldn't agree more! :agree2:There are and there will be many interpretations, depending on individuals.

46 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

actually we folded swans bc of swanyu, not sure if we can get that into a little icon tho? 

there's no original meaning hahaa, it's actually just the default. i'll think of something Yuzu related to replace it with :) 

Oh, that's a lovely suggestion! Thanks for looking into it. If there are a few meaningful icons, maybe we can spread some cheers and surprise satellites by updating and refreshing with one every month till Yuzu's comeback (if it's not too time consuming?) or even quarterly basis? Please bear with me because I'm getting excited and this idea just popped into my head :grin: It helps to channel my energy to something positive and constructive rather than being dragged down by media propaganda.

@DancingFeather, I love your suggestion of using la gaia's (yes, the satellite that kindly shared Martina Frammartino's project of folding 1000 cranes for Yuzu which sets me thinking of what and how people like me (where attending Yuzu's competitions and displaying banners are out of the questions) can show our support and love for Yuzu.  With more ideas generated from fellow satellites, I really hope we can use all of them (if technically feasible) to refresh the little icon on our profile pic periodically. 

On 11/22/2021 at 11:02 AM, DancingFeather said:

@YuzuSkating_IsTheTruth @yuzuangel I love the crane idea for the current situation. How about a costume-neutral one like this from la gaia (our fellow satellite?)? Unique one, subtle color, pretty, symbolic. Yuzuru shines in our hearts. 

14 hours ago, YuzuSkating_IsTheTruth said:

@DancingFeather, I love your suggestion of using la gaia's (yes, the satellite that kindly shared Martina Frammartino's project of folding 1000 cranes for Yuzu which sets me thinking of what and how people like me (where attending Yuzu's competitions and displaying banners are out of the questions) can show our support and love for Yuzu.  With more ideas generated from fellow satellites, I really hope we can use all of them (if technically feasible) to refresh the little icon on our profile pic periodically. 

at the moment i don't have time to make icons, but if anyone is willing to ask for permission from the fan-artist / crop into a circle / ensure that it looks fine even when shrunk to 22 pixel diameter, i'll be glad to change it every month (or whenever there's a new one)! :img_21:

9 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

at the moment i don't have time to make icons, but if anyone is willing to ask for permission from the fan-artist / crop into a circle / ensure that it looks fine even when shrunk to 22 pixel diameter, i'll be glad to change it every month (or whenever there's a new one)! :img_21:

Thanks for your response. I've no idea how to make icons but I will try to do some online research on it first. 

Guest turquoiseblue

Hi, thank you to all the administrators and moderators for your hard work and for keeping this forum a pleasant and friendly place :thanks: 

I have a request. I miss our custom member ranks/titles :tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg: and I would be grateful if we could get them back. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2021 at 10:20 AM, turquoiseblue said:

Hi, thank you to all the administrators and moderators for your hard work and for keeping this forum a pleasant and friendly place :thanks: 

I have a request. I miss our custom member ranks/titles :tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg: and I would be grateful if we could get them back. 

I'll look into it! Thanks for your feedback.

Guest turquoiseblue
3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

I'll look into it! Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for the reply! :thanks: I read on the Invision community support forum that they had removed the custom member titles due to the upgrade of the system and that there is an option to restore them :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg:

• 2 weeks later...