Jump to content

Media Day 2018


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Paskud said:

After all begging for tango now I'm almost sure his costume will not be black. :20111123175551f36:

Why do you think that? Plushy wore black for his  Nijinsky program. This is a tribute to that program .. so I’m assumjng it’s going to be black with tons of sparkles :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

Link to post
9 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Why do you think that? Plushy wore black for his  Nijinsky program. This is a tribute to that program .. so I’m assumjng it’s going to be black with tons of sparkles :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

I don't want to look to all this interviews but did Yuzuru said that this is tribute itself? Or that he only want to skate to music that inspired him? It's not Plush. It's Yuzuru. And he didn't name it Nijinski. It's Origin. It will be totaly something new.

Aside from that, it's simple pattern. Most people wanted tango - we have composer from Argentina but totaly not tango. Most people want black costume - Yuzuru will wear... :tumblr_inline_np9uqfzDd81qid2nw_75sq:

Link to post
44 minutes ago, Xen said:

It's not the tech panel, it's the normal judges. After how they messed up IDing Wakaba's ChSq, it might be wise to not fully rule it out. XD

 

But Yuzu did make it more obvious that this is a StSq since it's the last segment of his SP. 

 

They didn't mess up IDing Wakaba's ChSq. It was in that place in her planned content sheets. If anything, her team failed to correct the location but the judges still gave the ChSq high GOE throughout the season, regardless, so it really didn't seem to be an issue. 

Link to post

I have thought some weird or unfamilier feeling since media day.

I noticed there were no interview of Orser... only some praise during practice

I know  this season is post Olympic season, but I want to listen his opinion of  this season's vision or programs..

maybe in near future, there will be magazine interview?  Jeff and Shae's interview, too!

Obviously I saw Jeff at tcc rink. 

 

Link to post
1 minute ago, xeyra said:

 

They didn't mess up IDing Wakaba's ChSq. It was in that place in her planned content sheets. If anything, her team failed to correct the location but the judges still gave the chsq high GOE through the season. 

Ah, okay. Whew, then yeah, they probably won't incorrectly ID it. 

 

Anyone else just watch the SP and LP clips the 1000th time today? 

Link to post
2 minutes ago, honeytea said:

I have thought some weird or unfamilier feeling since media day.

I noticed there were no interview of Orser... only some praise during practice

I know  this season is post Olympic season, but I want to listen his opinion of  this season's vision or programs..

maybe in near future, there will be magazine interview?  Jeff and Shae's interview, too!

Obviously I saw Jeff at tcc rink. 

 

 

I am pretty sure I heard him actually be interviewed in the background of some of the practice footage. They edited the interview audio into the footage.

Link to post
2 minutes ago, Xen said:

Ah, okay. Whew, then yeah, they probably won't incorrectly ID it. 

 

Anyone else just watch the SP and LP clips the 1000th time today? 

 

At the time it bothered me too so I went in search of the Planned Content sheets and lo and behold, to my surprise, the ChSq was indeed after the StSq, which was confusing as heck but not the fault of the technical panel, who went with the layout they'd been given. 

Link to post
5 minutes ago, xeyra said:

 

I am pretty sure I heard him actually be interviewed in the background of some of the practice footage. They edited the interview audio into the footage.

Oh, really? maybe I missed it. I only saw only scene. he said that  was unbelievable and so special  and etc after/during his run-though.

Link to post
1 minute ago, xeyra said:

 

At the time it bothered me too so I went in search of the Planned Content sheets and lo and behold, to my surprise, the ChSq was indeed after the StSq, which was confusing as heck but not the fault of the technical panel, who went with the layout they'd been given. 

I'm still trying to figure out what to call that jump. Initially I incorrectly called it a stag jump, which it's not. Guess it's closest to a barrel or a bell jump-which are both used to kind of train your axel. But did he just do 1 revolution or do 2 revs before landing on 1 foot? 

Link to post
10 minutes ago, honeytea said:

I know  this season is post Olympic season, but I want to listen his opinion of  this season's vision or programs..

maybe in near future, there will be magazine interview?  Jeff and Shae's interview, too!

Obviously I saw Jeff at tcc rink. 

 

The bigger interviews, including Zu ones, are always released later on so we just need to wait I'd say.

Link to post
1 minute ago, Xen said:

I'm still trying to figure out what to call that jump. Initially I incorrectly called it a stag jump, which it's not. Guess it's closest to a barrel or a bell jump-which are both used to kind of train your axel. But did he just do 1 revolution or do 2 revs before landing on 1 foot? 

 

I do feel like the feeling of the jump is "natural spontaneous first-thing-that-comes-in-mind-when-you-tell-me-to-jump" so maybe Yuzuru just really made it up on the spot. Maybe Jeff didn't specify what kind of jump to put after the Hydro, or maybe it wasn't Jeff's decision at all. I think we will see it change shape a lot throughout the season. 

Link to post
9 minutes ago, honeytea said:

Oh, really? maybe I missed it. I only saw only scene. he said that  was unbelievable and so special  and etc after/during his run-though.

 

That's the part that's interview audio. I don't think that's actually what he was saying during the run-through itself. 

 

But I could be mistaken. 

Link to post
8 minutes ago, Xen said:

I'm still trying to figure out what to call that jump. Initially I incorrectly called it a stag jump, which it's not. Guess it's closest to a barrel or a bell jump-which are both used to kind of train your axel. But did he just do 1 revolution or do 2 revs before landing on 1 foot? 

1.5 revolutions, I thought. 

Link to post
26 minutes ago, Fay said:

1.5 revolutions, I thought. 

The one that I called a stag jump, sorry I didn't call it correctly, looks like a modified falling leaf? Starts off on a loop RBO entry, but then some skaters have modified it so it goes a full delayed revolution in the air before landing. It's a weird bell jump, falling leaf hybrid. 

 

SP...closest is bell jump, but for bell jump you land forward and he lands backwards and....*head hurts*

I do wonder if anyone ever showed him a series of jumps from male ballet dancers. Wonder what kind of inspiration he'd get from that. 

Link to post
  • Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...