Media Day 2018

5 hours ago, bsshka said:

So now I could get 3.40 minutes of Origin :cri:

That last spin though. He steps into it from an almost complete standstill, yet reaches full rotation speed by the end anyway. How the heck does he DO that?

I mean, obviously, he won't be doing it like that in competition, he'll be moving at speed, but the fact that he doesn't need much momentum to build his spin up is actually really amazing and shows his mastery over his craft.

12 minutes ago, MeowZu said:

This is so crazy. Why does it look like he's just getting better and better? Could it be because the pressure of winning has been lessened? Slayzuru Hanyu never fails to amaze me. What a talent!

What if his ambition of becoming the top had actually worked as a limiter of his true ability in the past? Now that he's finally free from all that and is going to unleash the full power of Slayzuru or Blazuru  :death: to burn the whole field. I don't think we stand a chance of surviving that level of Yuzuness...:5918bda8ee9b0_0001(1): 

7 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

What if his ambition of becoming the top had actually worked as a limiter of his true ability in the past? Now that he's finally free from all that and is going to unleash the full power of Slayzuru or Blazuru  :death: to burn the whole field. I don't think we stand a chance of surviving that level of Yuzuness...:5918bda8ee9b0_0001(1): 

There are people who actually reach their maximum potential when they're not under pressure and Yuzu might just be one of them. Just few snippets of Origin and I'm already sold!!! He's flowing and flying and soaring. Super human!!!

4 minutes ago, MeowZu said:

There are people who actually reach their maximum potential when they're not under pressure and Yuzu might just be one of them. Just few snippets of Origin and I'm already sold!!! He's flowing and flying and soaring. Super human!!!

It's just so beautiful! He is bringing another level of skating that is hard to believe is even possible. A true blend of art and athleticism. Every time he wins the Olympics, he makes quantum leaps artistically and athletically in a short period of time (I feel this happened in the 2014-2015 season too). Even when you think it's just not possible to improve anymore.

I just have no words.

3 часа назад, MeowZu сказал:

This is so crazy. Why does it look like he's just getting better and better? Could it be because the pressure of winning has been lessened? Slayzuru Hanyu never fails to amaze me. What a talent!

I don't know if it's pressure thing or not, he really became better every year step by step (Seimei 1.0 was first huge one), maybe it was not that obvious last year with old programmes (though it was very visible to me with first Chopin 3.0 performance in ice show - how he lived in that programme). So I'm just very happy he decided that he still has something to show in the competitive skating to the world, cuz he surely does, the sky really is a limit :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I struggle    to find  the   right  words  to describe  what  the  bits  and  pieces  of  "Origin"  have  done  to my  poor soul . I   stan an epic   program .  This  is  breathtaking. Pity  I  can't  hold  my  breath  for   so  long.

21 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

I think I read somewhere that Origin ending pose is actuaaly a reference to Nijinsky the ballet dancer? Googling doesn't return a similar pose though.

This might help. Though it does give me the creeps... 

These are just pictures compiled and set into motion. It is said that Nijinsky's manager does not let anyone film him while dancing because it will not completely capture his genius. That's why this is all what we got. (I kinda' did some research when Yuzu dropped the bomb last week. :68468287:)

10 minutes ago, PapiandPooh422 said:

This might help. Though it does give me the creeps... 

These are just pictures compiled and set into motion. It is said that Nijinsky's manager does not let anyone film him while dancing because it will not completely capture his genius. That's why this is all what we got. (I kinda' did some research when Yuzu dropped the bomb last week. :68468287:)

Yuzu, please don't be your usual extraTM and wear a Nijinsky-inspired costume. Stay black please. :sadPooh: 

• Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic