Media Day 2018

3 hours ago, cirelle said:

It feels to me a bit like the media has something but embargoed. :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

they're collecting material for their Nessie documentary :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid: 

idk, on one side I feel Yuzuru has already more than he lets on (and more than Brian lets on too)... on the other, I just think he simply hasn't had enough time this summer to seriously train a Nessie good enough to attempt it in front of media...maybe he says he wants to try it this season just to pressure himself into getting his Nessie (beautiful and fully rotated, not like the other Nessie attempts we've seen). He's already pressured himself into grabbing the 2nd OGM, so it wouldn't surprise me 😅:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

but I like his approach, so meditated, almost clinical...to get more height, more speed, delaying his 3A a bit to make room for another rotation without losing his consistency on it... (I recall that skaters tend to rotate at the same speed even when they could be faster, they unconsciously re-adjust to slow down, so I suppose that's part of the challenge too...)

I'm glad it looks like his 3A is getting even more amazing in the process :tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw:  I love how powerful his step up into the jump looks in slow mo :10742290:

I wonder if the other skaters training 4A are using the same cerebral approach or are just throwing themselves into that relying only on instincts and luck (I suppose that's what younger skaters do and why they can learn to add rotations more easily, they are fearless and their brain doesn't kick in screaming STOP!). As this approach is potentially more dangerous, it is a bit reassuring that Yuzuru is putting so much thought into his quest (and image training before PC worked quite neatly):9:

1 hour ago, LadyLou said:

they're collecting material for their Nessie documentary :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid: 

idk, on one side I feel Yuzuru has already more than he lets on (and more than Brian lets on too)... on the other, I just think he simply hasn't had enough time this summer to seriously train a Nessie good enough to attempt it in front of media...maybe he says he wants to try it this season just to pressure himself into getting his Nessie (beautiful and fully rotated, not like the other Nessie attempts we've seen). He's already pressured himself into grabbing the 2nd OGM, so it wouldn't surprise me 😅:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Well....

19 時間前, yoloaxelさんが言いました:

4A might be more ready than we think :knc_tracy1:

Somewhere along the way, I don't know when and I don't know how, he traded in his thighs for two super industrial strength hydraulic pumps. Hopefully he didn't stinge and went for the full package that also includes two heavy duty reinforced titanium ankles cause the additional price for those, while still hefty, is still a lot lower when purchased together with the pumps than as a separate purchase, as he would've gotten the bulk purchase price.

15 hours ago, LadyLou said:

but I like his approach, so meditated, almost clinical...to get more height, more speed, delaying his 3A a bit to make room for another rotation without losing his consistency on it... (I recall that skaters tend to rotate at the same speed even when they could be faster, they unconsciously re-adjust to slow down, so I suppose that's part of the challenge too...)

I'm glad it looks like his 3A is getting even more amazing in the process :tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw:  I love how powerful his step up into the jump looks in slow mo :10742290:

I wonder if the other skaters training 4A are using the same cerebral approach or are just throwing themselves into that relying only on instincts and luck (I suppose that's what younger skaters do and why they can learn to add rotations more easily, they are fearless and their brain doesn't kick in screaming STOP!). As this approach is potentially more dangerous, it is a bit reassuring that Yuzuru is putting so much thought into his quest (and image training before PC worked quite neatly):9:

I think he might need to work on 4A in harnesses for a while before he can attempt adding an extra rotation without harness, to be safe. 

Also, if he is planning in adding Nessie this season, I expect the big final reveal would be at GPF or Worlds. He is probably conditioning his body to peak around early December, to win his 5th GPF Gold! :knc_yuzu2:

2 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

I think he might need to work on 4A in harnesses for a while before he can attempt adding an extra rotation without harness, to be safe. 

Also, if he is planning in adding Nessie this season, I expect the big final reveal would be at GPF or Worlds. He is probably conditioning his body to peak around early December, to win his 5th GPF Gold! :knc_yuzu2:

But last year, didn't he break out the 4Lz at Rostelecom? My thinking is that he'll bring it as soon as it's ready, but he might not want to do something that risky at GPF without trying it somewhere else first.

• Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic