Media Day 2018

3 hours ago, OonsieHui said:

I... Actually don't really like the hydroblade into the hanyu jump.... I'm in awe of how much skill and pure physicality it takes, but it just didn't look very pretty to me. something about the angle of his legs looked off to me. But I'm glad that so many others find it beautiful! 

It does look a bit off and I think that open position does remind us of a popped jump, because it's similar to what he does when he pops, especially when he pops axels. So I get what you're saying. I personally wouldn't call it beautiful either (and his stretched leg being rather more perpendicular with the ice doesn't make it look very much like the ballet leaps), but it does have a wildness and freedom to it that I enjoy. To me it's another sign of his new IDGAF attitude. Like "if I want to do a random leap out of hydroblade, then I will and everyone can just deal with it! And if by some chance, the technical panel decides to think it's a popped axel, that's their problem, not mine." lol It did seem a bit improvised to me, though, so I think we'll have to wait till ACI to see what it's actually supposed to look like...

22 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I just remembered this now...but wasn't there a (facetious) post in General Yuzuru Chat* a few weeks back where someone joked about Zu's new program having a hydroblade entry into a 4A which he launched into using only his arms? 

:huh:

Be careful what you wish for....:pouty:

* actually, I think it was from a Tumblr...maybe Yuzufinger? Yuzu's finger? Whatever they call it. It's a saucy, possibly offensive blog but their take on how extra Yuzu can be is very funny. 

7 часов назад, fyere0 сказал:
I'm personally hoping for something similar, but sleeveless. Tight, black, high neck, no sleeves. It would really stand out. He could keep the gloves for protection during his baby hydroblade. :67638860:

I'm also for tight and black but with sleeves so the arms will more stand out across the ice

6 часов назад, Moria Polonius сказал:

Am I the only one not crazy at the idea of a black outfit? Dark colors often don't give a good contrast when a skater is filmed with boards/audience in the background, especially arm movement. Just go and see Patrick Chan's TEB SP... Even Yuzu's H&L was problematic... I want to see all Yuzu's movements well!

Hmmmm the best way to see Yuzu movements for me is UA, that's why I think most want black outfit.

36 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

We should have a count down timer to ACI on the main page or something:devilYuzu:

Yes to this! Imagine the audience roar when he reveals his FS costume, if it's gonna be like we all wish for it to be... it's gonna be even louder than LGC reveal! 

I also wish for long sleeves, with golden details on the shoulders and torso... something a la Seimei 1.0, but a little less visible... maybe some patterns that move vertically, echoing POTO 2.0! And yes, semi-transparent back. And hair combed back like in LGC. He will look pretty different from the Hanyu we're used to seeing, all soft, hair down, soft colors...

I do believe that he won't imitate Plushy's costume&performance too much though, so he might surprise us with a very different costume choice... 

For the SP, I would love for him to try warm colors! Some shades of red and ocra... Autumnal colors with some black... like the falling leaves of a tree... not too many colors though, just three shades and black will do... lots of sparkles! Aaaah I wanna draw it!! But I can't draw! 

2 hours ago, xeyra said:

The technical panel is not going to think it's a popped jump, guys, come on, relax.

It's not the tech panel, it's the normal judges. After how they messed up IDing Wakaba's ChSq, it might be wise to not fully rule it out. XD

But Yuzu did make it more obvious that this is a StSq since it's the last segment of his SP. 

Lol, he did sp practice,too.. Japan media.. they are so patient and closed...

I can't wait that show..but not too much expectation they'll show full version.

actually I find Otonal very Russian feeling more than Origin.

even some note reminds of Etri girl's music.

two serious theme from yuzu, this season. Hope these two programs make good comparison!

• Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic