Media Day 2018

He did say that he wanted to skate as a child again, in the sense that skating was just fun and he was skating only for the joy?

In those snippets I've seen so far, that clearly jumps (pun intended) out!

Both programs feels like Yuzu and all his uwus for the ice and skating and oh boy, isn't a magnificent sight to watch?

Aside from the excitement of the competing, nessie and possible WR, I am most excited to just watch him skate like that. Seeing him having fun while he takes us on a rollercoaster of emotions. :tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

35 minutes ago, Xen said:

Conclusion: 

We will need a lot of tissues this season. Forecast: scary sales numbers for the pooh tissue box covers as Fanyus around the world buy them to bring to the arena. 

Tissues? I think we're going to need smelling salts...whiskey...and maybe an ambulance on call for the truly dead... I predict swooning, lots of swooning...

8 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Tissues? I think we're going to need smelling salts...whiskey...and maybe an ambulance on call for the truly dead... I predict swooning, lots of swooning...

I predict lots of me waking my parents up in the middle of the night with screams bc WR and FEELS

Finally I've caught up with the thread. It took me a while but it's worth it! Thanks guys. :grouphug: 

The way the thread exploded with the music announcement and later went into analytic mode about the layouts and not to mention some fantastic suggestions and wild fantasies about possible costume choices are just so typical of PH. I love this planet :img_20: I'm also all dried up now from too much crying with Yuzu program snippets. I seriously underestimated Yuzu essence as just a whiff of it was enough to knock me out completely...:13877886:

One thing that I just wanted to say about Yuzu's new programs:

Though it is based on the same pieces of music that Plushy skated for the tribute to Nijinsky, I really believe Origin is Yuzu's original program not a copy or recycle/remake of previously created program. Some people have expressed that since no reference to Nijinsky with the pieces of music that Yuzu's using, it cannot be called a  tribute to Plushy's Nijinsky tribute program. However, I didn't see in the interviews that Yuzu actually referred Origin as a tribute program to Plushy's Nijinsky program. I gathered that he wanted to perform to the music from the program.  And knowing that his own skating style is different to Plushy's, it means he will express it in his own way not based on Plushy's interpretation. So if he drops the piece of music that refers to Nijinsky then it is simply because Yuzu is not trying to create a tribute program of anyone. It's because he's using the pieces from a tribute program, that doesn't mean he has to stick to all of the original music or the concept. He's a Plushy fanboy for sure but his own creativity will not allow him to completely lose the sight of what he aims with his programs. That is, to express what he feels/sees in the music/program through performance. It will be the same for Otonal. Yuzu watched Johnny performs to the music with light and airy jump landings and so on. So I believe things Yuzu wants to express will not be exactly same as Johnny but will have some parts that was inspired by Johnny.

Also some people have mentioned r-word and I sensed that too with his choice of music for both sp & fs. Yuzu himself agreed that his competition days are getting closer to the end of its period too. However, he is not consciously thinking about the actual day and doesn't think the time is here yet. After 2OGM and other gold medals, he really thinks chibi (small) Yuzu will have to let him do whatever he wants for the first time in his skating life. I'd say to Yuzu to skate whatever he likes and carry on as long as he likes. He truly deserves it to simply skate and enjoy till his heart's content. But one thing that we all know is, his ideal/satisfaction in terms of skating will come hand in hand with the results (WR or wins). So his priority may shift from competition/win to his own satisfaction, the effect may not be different after all. He is in the league of his own...:bow:

I thought this season and beyond is a bonus stage for Yuzu but I've got a feeling that it is rather a 強くてニューゲーム. When you've beaten the last boss and save the world in a game, you will get an option to start a new game with your last status (level 99 or something). This is that.:smiley-laughing021:

10 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Finally I've caught up with the thread. It took me a while but it's worth it! Thanks guys. :grouphug: 

The way the thread exploded with the music announcement and later went into analytic mode about the layouts and not to mention some fantastic suggestions and wild fantasies about possible costume choices are just so typical of PH. I love this planet :img_20: I'm also all dried up now from too much crying with Yuzu program snippets. I seriously underestimated Yuzu essence as just a whiff of it was enough to knock me out completely...:13877886:

One thing that I just wanted to say about Yuzu's new programs:

Though it is based on the same pieces of music that Plushy skated for the tribute to Nijinsky, I really believe Origin is Yuzu's original program not a copy or recycle/remake of previously created program. Some people have expressed that since no reference to Nijinsky with the pieces of music that Yuzu's using, it cannot be called a  tribute to Plushy's Nijinsky tribute program. However, I didn't see in the interviews that Yuzu actually referred Origin as a tribute program to Plushy's Nijinsky program. I gathered that he wanted to perform to the music from the program.  And knowing that his own skating style is different to Plushy's, it means he will express it in his own way not based on Plushy's interpretation. So if he drops the piece of music that refers to Nijinsky then it is simply because Yuzu is not trying to create a tribute program of anyone. It's because he's using the pieces from a tribute program, that doesn't mean he has to stick to all of the original music or the concept. He's a Plushy fanboy for sure but his own creativity will not allow him to completely lose the sight of what he aims with his programs. That is, to express what he feels/sees in the music/program through performance. It will be the same for Otonal. Yuzu watched Johnny performs to the music with light and airy jump landings and so on. So I believe things Yuzu wants to express will not be exactly same as Johnny but will have some parts that was inspired by Johnny.

Also some people have mentioned r-word and I sensed that too with his choice of music for both sp & fs. Yuzu himself agreed that his competition days are getting closer to the end of its period too. However, he is not consciously thinking about the actual day and doesn't think the time is here yet. After 2OGM and other gold medals, he really thinks chibi (small) Yuzu will have to let him do whatever he wants for the first time in his skating life. I'd say to Yuzu to skate whatever he likes and carry on as long as he likes. He truly deserves it to simply skate and enjoy till his heart's content. But one thing that we all know is, his ideal/satisfaction in terms of skating will come hand in hand with the results (WR or wins). So his priority may shift from competition/win to his own satisfaction, the effect may not be different after all. He is in the league of his own...:bow:

I thought this season and beyond is a bonus stage for Yuzu but I've got a feeling that it is rather a 強くてニューゲーム. When you've beaten the last boss and save the world in a game, you will get an option to start a new game with your last status (level 99 or something). This is that.:smiley-laughing021:

well said! I'm thinking of these programs not as "tributes" to other skaters, but inspired by them and by young Yuzu's dreams. I think Yuzu will always do things his own way. ^^

Yuzu talking about watching Plushy's performances over and over again and he stil does! And he watches ice dance and pairs more now....(sorry if this already posted, didn't see it??)

43 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Look like they named it Hanyu leap in the thread :68468287:

Hanyu leap it is :cheer:

lol yeah I'm looking into stag jumps on youtube, and they do look different, although I hope someone with more figure skating knowledge can comment! We will just have to name it after Yuzu if it doesn't have another name! :dancingpooh:

ETA: oh my, and with this post it appears I have achieved First Pancake! I would never have thought a lurker such as myself would achieve this level! ^^

• Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic