Media Day 2018

1 minute ago, PomeloPooh said:

Just finished catching up, about the costume talk a few pages ago:

1) iirc NDP wasn't designed by Johnny. It just follows his style.

2) It's speculated that the costume could be designed by 折原志津子(not sure how to pronounce the name - she's the designer of etude & RJ1),  because she went to cricket club during the summer. If it turns out to be true I'd love that so much! Aside from the sheer beauty of her past works, it's like Yuzu's not only going back to his origin with music & 4A, but with the costumes & the designer too :D 

Re: no musical reference to Nijinsky: Maybe the program is not that much about Nijinsky? In the interview he didn't even mention the name, just Art on Ice & music used by Plushenko-san. The program is about his Origin in skating, so probably rather than Nijinsky the legendary ballet dancer, it's more about Nijinsky the iconic program by Plushenko. 

Not only that. There is DramaticTM last pose and  SE-counter-3a2t(rippon) too.

18 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Wait, wait, wait! What if... :scratch3: costume for wintery Origin will be white-gray-blue + black? This can be a tribute to Yagudin's Winter as well! :confused0066: After setting with Javi friendly rivalry among skaters, Yuzuru reconciles two greatest enemies in this sport in one program. Yuzuru, you're legend :worship:

Where's the white-gray-blue information from?

Edit: brain misfire sorry, I thought it was a fact!

在2018/8/31 at PM8点49分, bsshka说:

Couldn't read the whole thread yet, so probably smb has already done this, but I couldn't wait to see the whole program and tried to put all pieces we've got together:tumblr_inline_n2pje39gH11qdlkyg: Got almost 3 minutes of the FP:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: But actually have no idea where step sequence should be, it's just my guess (and there can be other mistakes).

i am so exciting and wanna cry when i see this beautiful movement and charming posture...jump :heart::heart:

OH MY Yuzu, you really make me proud even using someone masterpiece music :knc_yuzu2:

Btw, besides SP footage, where is our UA training suit photo? :waffle:

14 minutes ago, PomeloPooh said:

The program is about his Origin in skating, so probably rather than Nijinsky the legendary ballet dancer, it's more about Nijinsky the iconic program by Plushenko. 

I still think of it as an artistic progression so it makes no sense to me to leave out the initial inspiration - the first part of the equation if you like.

Well, if Plush was doing a tribute to Nijinski, then it makes sense this is also about Nijinski... otherwise it is "a copy of the copy of the original" in general terms. We know it is about Plush inspiring him, but he doesn't skate/move AT ALL like Plush, so my take is that it is him interpreting the music his own way just like Plush did. 

1 hour ago, Sombreuil said:

The trouble is Scheherazade is the musical reference to Nijinski - he could use another iconic music like L’apres midi d’un Faun or Petruschka if he can get them to mesh.

Well, Plushy's was doing tribute to Nijinski, but Yuzu is doing tribute to Plush, so the music reference to Nijinski is IMO not obligatory, though it would be nice of course. I'm sure Origin will be great either way.

24 minutes ago, PomeloPooh said:

Re: no musical reference to Nijinsky: Maybe the program is not that much about Nijinsky?

The thing is he's relating to Plushenko's performance and Plushenko skated a Tribute to Nijinski so the connection is lost then. I mean I ordinarily do not care what one does with a music cut but this particular piece had a very real theme, related to Nijinski.

And it's not like Yuzuru isn't echoing Plushenko's program/ballet in tiny bits, he is. I mean the ending pose is actually inspired by Nijinski. It's fine, hardly the end of the world, but still curious to me; I'd love to know if he even thought about this. 

4 hours ago, OonsieHui said:

Also how does this have only 64 views??? I know one of us made it... maybe add Yuzuru Hanyu into the title so its more easily found? More people should appreciate this wonderful compilation clip! 

Yes, I've set it to private because I'm afraid it might contain some mistakes. And actually I have already found one - the first spin, after 3Lo, is actually likely to be the 2nd one which is after hydroblade; and the 1st spin was likely skipped. So this is the current version - I have reedited spins, add some new milliseconds :agree2: and polished it a little bit. The move at 1:17 is inserted at random position just because it's beautiful and I didn't want to lose it xD (anyone has any guess where it belongs?) So do you think I should open the video?

Uh...I am also curious of how Origin will turn out to be. For sure I think he wouldnt channel Plush because their style&skating are so different even when they're executing the same element/do the same movement...

We already know how meticulous Yuzuru is when it comes to details in Seimei, like visiting Seimei's temple, consulting Nomura Mansai etc. I expect he would pay the same details to the Nijinski aspect in Origin, not just about skating to the same song as Plushy? Like the others above mentioned its possible to include other song from Nijinski's repertoires.

Once upon a time I was dissapointed by Mao's Last Dancer....but I have faith in zu this time!!:10636614: ( Pls Zu be channeling Vaslav Nijinski a bit )

Guest turquoiseblue
1 hour ago, PomeloPooh said:

2) It's speculated that the costume could be designed by 折原志津子(not sure how to pronounce the name - she's the designer of etude & RJ1),  because she went to cricket club during the summer. If it turns out to be true I'd love that so much! Aside from the sheer beauty of her past works, it's like Yuzu's not only going back to his origin with music & 4A, but with the costumes & the designer too :D 

Her name is Shizuko Orihara. 

Here is her Instagram page :tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

https://www.instagram.com/s.orihara2017/

16 minutes ago, Paskud said:

What if... Yuzuru is coming back to his roots and will hold A-spin for 8 revolutions?:scared0012:

:smiley-scared003:

please don't put out such suggestion in the universe :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid::laughing: unless it's a very very VERY upgraded version... oh wait I wonder if he'll keep doing the Biellman tho... otherwise A-spin it is :xD:

ETA: hopefully not RJ1 A-spin type tho:tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:

43 minutes ago, bsshka said:

Yes, I've set it to private because I'm afraid it might contain some mistakes. And actually I have already found one - the first spin, after 3Lo, is actually likely to be the 2nd one which is after hydroblade; and the 1st spin was likely skipped. So this is the current version - I have reedited spins, add some new milliseconds :agree2: and polished it a little bit. The move at 1:17 is inserted at random position just because it's beautiful and I didn't want to lose it xD (anyone has any guess where it belongs?) So do you think I should open the video?

Absolutely yes :10742288:

• Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic