Media Day 2018

28 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

I bugged @gladi to death so she was a sweetie who found it and translated it for me in the end:

So actually it is primarily "Art on Ice" and then a little bit of "Magic Stradivarius".

I listened to AoI again and well, it will be different, now won't it. There are some bits I quite like from the original that will go poof now, and some bits I dislike, that will also go poof so I am really curious, even more than before, what the final product is like.

So technically, it's a Stephane Lambiel tribute as well. He's covering all his fanboy bases. :muahaha:

I wouldn't say no to a black and red costume, Yuzu, if you're lurking.

Still marvelling at the weird coincidences in everything Yuzu... Yuzu getting RC and the brand new Helsinki GP to skate to pieces that are somehow related to both those locations...and getting ISU to allow tights for men too LOL He could really wear them ballet-like if he wanted.. the power of warlock Kikuchi was too strong, ISU was under his spell :hexer: or maybe it was the power of :pouty: 

The ISU council was after Zu had chosen his programs after all...just like the relocation of COC to Helsinki and GP assignments...:muahaha:

on a more serious note, I'm already in love with so many things in Origin, and it looks like everything flows from one element to the other as if whole program was one huge endless transition :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg: (and not to be mean but there's more going on in these snippets of his fs than in some whole fs we've seen so far from others, but at at the same time every move is meaningful, not thrown there to just look busy or virtuosistic like in some other programs). On the other side, it also looks an unforgiving program, where it's hard to recover from mistakes, like 2nd half of Seimei ... I'm sure it would't be as demanding if he just dropped half of those hops anf leaps and spirals and choreo and just stuck with balletic arms instead of insisting on using his whole body, but it's Yuzu and I love him for this :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

but I'm calling it now already, without even having seen the whole thing, if this program will be clean or semi-clean imo judges might finally want to go for those mythical 100 PCS... (and wouldn't it be one more poetic parallel to Plushenko's program? It would be like destiny :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:). Tho it's not like judges's minds have never defied my expectations :knc_brian3: 

Re: SP

I want to know the music cut! :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:And see some choreo! And get more Yuzu talking about his choices and vision... I've realized what I've missed the most this August (other than Yuzuru's skating of course!) were his thought process and his words, his long and insightful and poignant interviews... we had so many of them last year, I was quite thirsty :tumblr_inline_n2pje39gH11qdlkyg:

Re: 4A 

So it looks like things are slightly more reasonable than I thought at first :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg: and yet here we are, half-chill about this crazy guy who doesn't want to merely try it in competition, but wants to land it with positive goe...but of course, who's surprised? And yet it's insane :13877886: 

Or it was insane...like, a year ago... exposure to 4A talks is working :tumblr_inline_mm2wbbdJC51qz4rgp:

3 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

So technically, it's a Stephane Lambiel tribute as well. He's covering all his fanboy bases. :muahaha:

I completely forgot this existed! Thank you! :10742289:

So yes, something like that. Hmm and with Marton there. I truly do wonder if they worked with him. Hm hm hm. 

6 hours ago, cirelle said:

Yuzu still hasn’t cut his hair, right? What if he’s aiming for the hair Johnny has in Otonal. 

Edit: :Poohgaveup: And that’s how I got my new rank. :dpooh:

Well, if you think about it, both Johnny and Plushy had kind of long, mullet-y hair when they did their programs so....

... I said it first. Yuzu mullet by the time the GPF rolls around. I mean, Jason went short so someone has to go long, right? :space:

3 hours ago, LadyLou said:

Still marvelling at the weird coincidences in everything Yuzu... Yuzu getting RC and the brand new Helsinki GP to skate to pieces that are somehow related to both those locations... 

I ´d like to know which pieces you mean that are somehow connected to Finland or Helsinki and in what way? Is he using something else too, not only music of Edvin Marton and Raul di Blasio? I have so far seen only their pieces mentioned as Yuzu´s choices.

Wow, so we're really singing "One Day More" now? 

Oh wait, unless there is no SP because a certain lurker troll found @Murieleirum edit of the SP music and went "hmm....." before bugging Jeff and a music editor to redo it? XD

From what the clips show, I think he's keeping the parts of Art On Ice and Magic Stradivarius that I like-that staccato part and the trills. I do wonder what other music he is going to chose from-did he and Shae watch all the documentaries on Nijinsky? 

2 hours ago, Lyyli said:

I ´d like to know which pieces you mean that are somehow connected to Finland or Helsinki and in what way? Is he using something else too, not only music of Edvin Marton and Raul di Blasio? I have so far seen only their pieces mentioned as Yuzu´s choices.

Otonal was used by Maria Butyrskaya in her LP in the 98-99 season. She won the Gold Medal (first Russian to win the World Ladies title) in the World Championship that year in Helsinki. Not sure if Johnny's Otonal was inspired by Butyrskaya's but he has said on several occasions that he looked up to her as an inspiration so not too far fetched to think so.

• Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic