Media Day 2018

9 hours ago, Nutmeg said:

Lol ok if no one else remembers reading that I may have misunderstood, last night I could swear I read something on this thread about costume designed by Johnny, but it may have been someone's opinion instead of actual fact, or maybe it was just my wishful thinking - relax, you're safe :xD:

From an interview I read by Satomi Ito when making the Seimei costume, she said basically Yuzu came up with the design, she developed and made it... I think he may very well do the same now, he's at the stage where he will be the one to come up with the costume and Satomi (if he goes to her again, he has since 2016) will make it work...

4 minutes ago, SSS said:

He is really planning to replace that with 4A? Short entry 4A???

Not even he can do that :68468287:

He'd push it back, 4A then 4Lo, and in a way making sure to have the set ups as short as possible makes sense then because the 4A will take one. Probably shorter than Mirai's 3A cruise but still. So then it's excellent he has short entries to even the other quads as it's a shorter free now and he even said it makes it busy and tough. 

@honeytea Yup, more than likely. Which means if they do release it, it could be at any time/day. We wait.

24 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

So this tweet claims that he said in one of his interviews he's only using 2 of the pieces from Nijinsky for Origin, and those are Art on Ice and Magic Stradivarius, if we go by what we can hear.

Curious as that's quite different from the original 4 @sallycinnamon 

Where did Yuzu say that he chose two pieces? 

There were so many translations/news maybe I missed something. 

That's really different then from the 4 then. Shecherazade part was about 50 seconds in Plushenko's, 25-25 seconds, Art on Ice and then Magic Stradivarius were sandwiched between it, that was the middle part of the program. I can't recall that much about King of the Forest's part...probably it was the shortest part in it, idk. 

I'm just really curious what Yuzu (and Marton) did with the music.

11 hours ago, fyere0 said:

That looks dang good already... it'll be so sharp when he's really in competition mode. I love all the ~balletic movements he and Shae are throwing in.

I am looking forward to hearing how western media talk about those amazing :peek:balletic moves

10 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Where did Yuzu say that he chose two pieces? 

I bugged @gladi to death so she was a sweetie who found it and translated it for me in the end:

"Um, where should I start... The free program this season is choreographed by Shaelynn Bourne. Um. Um. Where should I start? The music is "Art on Ice" — "Art on Ice" by Edwin Marton (sp). Using a little bit of one other piece, and rearranged. Like when I did Onmyoji and named it "SEIMEI", I gave the program this time the title of "Origin".

先ほど披露したフリーの曲名と振り付け、テーマは?  「えーと、どこから言えばいいんだろう。今季のフリーはシェイリーン・ボーンさんに振り付けしてもらったものです。えっと、えっと。どこからいえばいいんだ。曲はアート・オン・アイス。エドウィン・マートンさんのアート・オン・アイスです。少しもう1つ曲を使っていて、アレンジもしている。陰陽師をやって、SEIMEIってつけたように、今回のプログラム名としては、Originっていうタイトルをつけさせてもらいました」

So actually it is primarily "Art on Ice" and then a little bit of "Magic Stradivarius".

I listened to AoI again and well, it will be different, now won't it. There are some bits I quite like from the original that will go poof now, and some bits I dislike, that will also go poof so I am really curious, even more than before, what the final product is like.

• Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic