Media Day 2018

6 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

This SPIRAL is the death of me :dpooh:

*big breath* HOLD IT LONGER GOSH !!! (sorry it's my spiral supremacist self who is talking :68468287: ) 

also me : well it's choreographed that way so it will not change unfortunately :war: 

3 minutes ago, SydneyH said:

*big breath* HOLD IT LONGER GOSH !!! (sorry it's my spiral supremacist self who is talking :68468287: ) 

also me : well it's choreographed that way so it will not change unfortunately :war: 

idk, that spread eagle is also making me feel things

Just now, SydneyH said:

It's still good. He does't only pose it like some girls:tumblr_inline_mw5grieCFe1qid2nw:

27 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

This SPIRAL is the death of me :dpooh:

I really love the FS already:loveshower: and this is my favourite moment do far :loveeyes:

Can't wait for some SP snippets, music has potential (though I'm surprised that both previous programs with Otonel, that people mentioned, were FPs. IMO it's too boring for free, but can be cut to a nice SP)

4 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

Our boy has a good point there. No point doing it if there's room for people to diss his execution of it.

And by the way, I've just officially given up on trying to keep up with this thread. twelve hours ago it was at 38 pages...now it's 56...I can't do it, I tried but the rest of my life also needs my attention...:sorrow:

I’m sure I’m repeating what’s been said, but I find the Weir/Plushenko inspired  programs so touching, sweet and respectful. So characteristic of Yuzu. It’s rare to see the recognition of heritage in skating. Too often there is forgetting, always anointing the new. And yes, he’s set himself a considerable challenge, because those were his idols at their best. The only hesitation I have is the choices seem kinda r-wordish, in the sense of coming full circle in his career.

3 minutes ago, beki said:

I’m sure I’m repeating what’s been said, but I find the Weir/Plushenko inspired  programs so touching, sweet and respectful. So characteristic of Yuzu. It’s rare to see the recognition of heritage in skating. Too often there is forgetting, always anointing the new. And yes, he’s set himself a considerable challenge, because those were his idols at their best. The only hesitation I have is the choices seem kinda r-wordish, in the sense of coming full circle in his career.

In one of the clips today, he specifically said these programs were meant to go back to his beginnings for a new start. Basically I took that to mean "forget the last eight years, now just watch THIS!"... instead of meaning 'hey I think I might be r-wording'.

5 hours ago, Dashwood said:

After hearing the news, I finally gave in and got an account:grin:

These choices just show how much of an auteur vision Yuzuru has now. He is not only using some of the iconic programs in the past of figure skating, but he is also making them about his own personal history as a figure skating fan. I'm #TeamYagudin all the way so I have to stay on brand and be excited more about Otonal but I can't to wait to see how Yuzuru will approach Plushenko's most Plushkenko program and make it his own :) It's probably his most challenging choice after Hope & Legacy. I feel like we are about to witness something very special and I can't wait.

Welcome to the fold - join the madness, hope you enjoy it! 

• Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic