Media Day 2018

8 minutes ago, Xen said:

Well if he were so kind and obliging?

If he were happy and wanted to continue, why the heck not.

Oh let's dream !! It could come true …... so many wonderful music choices to come!

(but then he is talking about history and these programmes leaving something to young skaters … and wanting to do the 4A this season/a deadline....which has a bit of an air of finality to me....but as usual I may be over analysing!! I think I try to hear what is being said behind the words....but might not always be accurate!)

Anyway, let's enjoy what he is doing now and how happy he seems with himself, and how lucky we are that he is still skating :tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw:

Part of me really wishes Yagudin had skated longer because he retired just as yuzu was starting to be old enough to be influenced by the top skaters... I would love to have seen him try the iconic Winter....

I love that Yuzu has re found the *simple* love of skating that probably got lost under all the stresses and burdens of the last few years. The love was always there, but a change of mind set can do wonders. I remember Brian gave that interview where he mentioned them doing a hydroblading session with Shae just for fun and how they wanted Yuzu to just have fun.... so they knew how he was feeling. 

I am sure Shae went and looked/ read about real Nijinski instead of just Plush's tribute. There wasnt much ballet in Plush's version, so if they want ballet there should be ballet. 

2 hours ago, xeyra said:

Guys, I think someone posted the three original songs that were edited into Tribute to Nijinsky earlier in this thread but I can't find them now. Can anyone link to them again? Thanks!

Hello I am quite ignorant about the music of his FP. I know Nijinsky is the name of a famous Russian ballet dancer. Nijinsky is also the name of the free program of Pluschkenko skating to in 2006. But who is the composer of this music? Is he Tchaikovsky or someone else?  

I like to listen to the audio of this music of FP.

For the SP, I always like Otonal music. The tune, the melody are just so beautiful. I remember Maria Buturskaya skating to Otonal longtime ago, before Weir skating to this music in 2006 Olympics.

It will be exciting to see his new programs unveiled in Autumn Classics, and the unveiling of his costumes.

I can't wait.

11 minutes ago, Vadrouille said:

I know Nijinsky is the name of a famous Russian ballet dancer. Nijinsky is also the name of the free program of Pluschkenko skating to in 2006.   

I am sooooo sorry guys but I just cannot help myself when the question has been asked-my Dad was an avid horseracing fan so whenever I hear Nijinski this is what I think of :sorrow:

Nijinsky (horse)

Nijinsky (21 February 1967 – 15 April 1992), usually known in the United States as Nijinsky II, was a Canadian-bred, Irish-trained Thoroughbred racehorse and sire. He was the outstanding two-year-old in Europe in 1969 when he was unbeaten in five races. In the following season, he became the first horse for thirty-five years to win the English Triple Crown. He is regarded by many experts to have been the greatest flat racehorse in Europe during the 20th century

So - of course Plushy and Yuzu WOULD choose the GREATEST racehorse in the 20th century, maybe ever!!! :LOL:

(don't say you never learn anything useful on PH!!!)

10 minutes ago, Vadrouille said:

Hello I am quite ignorant about the music of his FP. I know Nijinsky is the name of a famous Russian ballet dancer. Nijinsky is also the name of the free program of Pluschkenko skating to in 2006. But who is the composer of this music? Is he Tchaikovsky or someone else?  

I like to listen to the audio of this music of FP.

HERE for just the audio of the Plushenko's Nijinsky music. The composition is from music that was cut and compiled from these:

1 hour ago, Xen said:

And I want the New World Symphony from Dvorak, Symphony Espangole from Lalo, Moldau from Smetana, and for him to try Liszt (both being dramatic af) 

Yes to these, especially the latter. Omg, I used to listen to Moldau all the time wheen I was in my classical music phase! It just screams "Yuzu" - it's both R&J dramatic and H&L delicate in places - actually, it's so much Yuzu that he might run a risk of "same old same old" if he did it. :D

Meanwhile, I've been listening to Otonal on loop, music I had been unfamilar with until yesterday, and I'm at the point of completely loving it and worrying about the music cut, and that the music cut will feel weird now that I know the piece in its entirety.

6 hours ago, CupidsBow said:

Given that the IB and Hydroblade are in transitions, I'm putting my money on the ChSq being a 6.0 style step sequence. Different to Plushenko's but that kind of energy and none of the limitations of current stsq rules. 

I would love to see Yuzu do that kind of "fast feet" thing. He hasn't done anything like that since H,ILY.

• Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic