Media Day 2018

Just now, Murieleirum said:

Of course not, Yuzuru Hanyu will NOT be remembered for having landed the first UR 4A! He will be remembered for having landed a perfect, magnificent, celestial, light, fluffy, smooshy 4A... oh God I want it now... 

We're so excited we haven't come up with a proper song yet.

Last year was "One Day More" -what should we do this year?

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

Of course not, Yuzuru Hanyu will NOT be remembered for having landed the first UR 4A! He will be remembered for having landed a perfect, magnificent, celestial, light, fluffy, smooshy 4A... oh God I want it now... 

I want it and fear it at the same time :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Just now, Yuazz said:

@MrPudding you say his entry to 3A is simple.. And yuzu give us this.. both 3A with difficult entries. 😂

That was before the gave us footage of the layback IB before it. :P

This is all feels so special, like those first Olympic practices (before we knew about the ankle pain.) It’s like we can all go back to just enjoying his skating, too. I feel so relieved and happy and calm. 

Welp, I’m still crying. Bring on day 2!

5 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Good news is I'm enjoying a lot of what I'm seeing from the FS choreography!

Bad news is his jumps axis needs work. :headdesk:

I like the footwork. Think he's improved his twizzles. XD Remember how I said he had a side of twizzles that was visibly slower? It's improved....it's slower than  his strongest, but way way faster than last season's.

And his jumps look okay from what I'm seeing? He's a bit forward on landing, but not so tilted that he can't control it. It looks more like where I'd expect them to be, if he's only gone back to full jump training for 2 weeks (which given his recovery period makes sense).

4 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

This is all feels so special, like those first Olympic practices (before we knew about the ankle pain.) It’s like we can all go back to just enjoying his skating, too. I feel so relieved and happy and calm. 

I'm totally blubbing because he's doing what makes him happy and honestly that just makes me so much happier than his OGM.

7 minutes ago, Xen said:

We're so excited we haven't come up with a proper song yet.

Last year was "One Day More" -what should we do this year?

This year he didn't give us an advance notice! We didn't have time to prepare! He just dropped the bomb!! 

Mmmh should we do a song about 4A? 

4 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

They look all right to me too :shrug:

Just a tad forward in the air, and the only one I'm spotting is the 4S3T below, and the 4TLo3S that some video had before? But that's it. His 3Lo looks easy.

Edit: in case it hasn't been hammered in enough, I love all the little leaps and jumps that have similiarities to ballet jumps, just woven into the choreography. It really does feel like a tribute to ballet's contribution to FS. It's just little little stuff liek this, so frequently seen in his programs, that make his programs stand out.

1 minute ago, Xen said:

I like the footwork. Think he's improved his twizzles. XD Remember how I said he had a side of twizzles that was visibly slower? It's improved....it's slower than  his strongest, but way way faster than last season's.

And his jumps look okay from what I'm seeing? He's a bit forward on landing, but not so tilted that he can't control it. It looks more like where I'd expect them to be, if he's only gone back to full jump training for 2 weeks (which given his recovery period makes sense).

Yeah, my assumption on Media Day is that he invents a layout especially for Media day, that is loosely connected to his actual competition layout, and it's more connected to his current abilities, his current rehabilitation step, and the fact that he wants to show a complete program, so he will not insert elements that are still unstable - but only elements that he can jump pretty easily and not in top form. So 4T, 4S3T, also I saw two 4L, one was landed so-so, but the other one was good! So I really believe his 4L is almost completely back. 

1 minute ago, Xen said:

Just a tad forward in the air, and the only one I'm spotting is the 4S3T below, and the 4TLo3S that some video had before? But that's it. His 3Lo looks easy.

Yes, same. Overall, I see no real issues, especially in the context.

But can we talk about the 4Lo set up? Or rather the lack of the 4Lo set up? I've been 0.0 since last night about that one. His jumps are fine. 

3 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I feel so nostalgic .. I hope he enjoy skating like he did in pre-sochi, sometime I feel he skates with so much pressure and expectation to be perfect after he became Olympic champion. I missed yuzu who enjoy skating like when he did PW at Olympic (when I saw it, I feel like he's having fun doing it) 

• Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic