Media Day 2018

14 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

You lucky thing. :D

It's probably because I'm not much into Galas... or ice shows, for that matter. (I like them when I'm there in real life, but on telly, they're mostly just background entertainment for me.)

In that same vein, I remember Plushy's Nijinsky as his competition program, but have no feels whatsoever about him skating to it in recent years at ice shows (apparently, at least that's what I gather from people's comments in this thread). It sounds like that is a good thing, too. :-)

3 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Consolidated news post

I'm not entirely thrilled with how they worded this though, and I wonder how accurate the translation is. It makes it sound like Yuzu was no longer enjoying skating, and he's now trying to enjoy it again. Now, this may be true (only Yuzu really knows), but I would hate for poor wording to give people an inaccurate perception of Yuzu. 

💗❤️💚❤️💗💞❣️🧡💖💗💓

3 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Oh my god, it's amazing. Shae. :sadPooh:

And someone remind me, media day was 2 days I believe last year? I think the 2nd day was for the magazine and newspaper media people? Or is there a possibility there will be new footage taken tomorrow? 

1 minute ago, OonsieHui said:

I'm not entirely thrilled with how they worded this though, and I wonder how accurate the translation is. It makes it sound like Yuzu was no longer enjoying skating, and he's now trying to enjoy it again. Now, this may be true (only Yuzu really knows), but I would hate for poor wording to give people an inaccurate perception of Yuzu. 

hmmm same because I get more of a feeling from him where he's entering a new era of his skating career when he prioritises his enjoyment of the sport without excessively pressuring himself for results (though I do think the results will come just because his enjoyment of skating is tied to progress and  his ideal skating is perfectly balanced between technical elements and performance components with high quality in everything lmao. So long as he is healthy and skates well the results will come)

I think this is a really good thing! Releasing himself from that pressure is likely why he's not pushing himself to reintegrate the lutz and the flip yet while he still feels some discomfort jumping them, even if there is no pain. Prioritising his enjoyment also seems to prioritise his health. It makes me very optimistic for this new chapter in his competitive career.

21 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

Given Kyodo's recent track record? Not always accurate.

But I would argue that the english bit he probably meant that during 17/18 and maybe even before then, up until PC, the focus wasn't exactly on "enjoyment." I find it hard to believe Yuzu doesn't enjoy skating, but rather his focus was kuyashii driven on winning. And with that comes burdens and demands that don't always let you do what you what since the focus is on "winning." I think Yuzu can now focus more on "enjoying" skating, even though the competitive mindset he has won't go away. But he's already achieved a mission-2OGM back to back, so now he can indulge himself. Besides, as he said he now feels he can entrust Shoma with the torch of carrying the Japanese men, he can allow himself mistakes that maybe, he previously would not allow (this is probably necessary for him to really go for the 4A).

@CupidsBow : beat me to it. Tldr: Yuzu has less external pressure now, so he can go at his pace to do what he wants to do. That's what enjoyment means I guess. Can't wait to see what he does....truly, koi dance coming to an ice show near us?

11 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

My take from the quotes is that previously he is unable to fully enjoy his skating because there are lots of expectations from others. But now he can skate just for himself. 

6 minutes ago, katonice said:

💗❤️💚❤️💗💞❣️🧡💖💗💓

And someone remind me, media day was 2 days I believe last year? I think the 2nd day was for the magazine and newspaper media people? Or is there a possibility there will be new footage taken tomorrow? 

I read somewhere that the media would stay in toronto until 2 or 3/9 so its very likely there's more footage. We haven't have any preview of his SP yet. 

9 minutes ago, katonice said:

💗❤️💚❤️💗💞❣️🧡💖💗💓

IIRC He did FS and SP on separate days.

5 minutes ago, Katt said:

I read somewhere that the media would stay in toronto until 2 or 3/9 so its very likely there's more footage. We haven't have any preview of his SP yet. 

2 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

IIRC He did FS and SP on separate days.

So this means there will be really much, much more! I'm ready for the deluge of HQ photos of Yuzu on the TCC grounds courtesy of his photographer uncles! (I wonder what he'll try to eat this time lmao) 

And yes! Hopefully he'll show us Otonal as well soon :snonegai:

1 час назад, Paskud сказал:

:tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:

So what about this:

Sleeves are too much, also not sold on the front. All I need is tight fitting (black) costume (with as many sparkles as he wants) to be blown away by his lines (not only during training). Am I asking too much?:snonegai:

• Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic