Media Day 2018

After listening to Otonal, I think the SP will be great. The music fit him so well. Gentle but also enough high and low and dramatic. The biggest challenge would be the music cut. IMO Johnny's cut is not very good, Maria Butyrskaya's is better though. But this is Jeff choreo so I trust him 

As for the LP, I just repeat what I said earlier, its gonna be amazing and its abit new for him artistically.  I know some of you don't like Plushenko, but if you just ignore the Plushenko tribute thing, the music itself is gorgerous. He said the choreo would be very different though. I feel like some people (on twitter) don't like it just because they don't like Johnny and Plushenko. If he just announce it by simple way Otonal for SP and Nijinski for LP, people would be like "X and Y already skated to this before" aka the normal reaction. Tbh, both of his music choice is not that overuse. I think its great that he can skate to the music he love and for himself now. Let's be real, very few skaters have that privilage, especially the top skaters. 

So yeah, go Yuzuru, do it, do whatever you want. I'm so ready to cheer for you, and my voice would be louder with each criticismc and bashing I see :rock:

I wonder what will be in choreo sequence since he used IB and Hydroblade as entries. Spread eagles ala olympic practice? Spirals? Something completely new? And I am really curious about step sequence. Plushenko's stsq is quite fast. But maybe Yuzu uses different fragment of music for it

Plu's  2004 Nijinsky was fabulous. Russian 2004  Nationals  was legendary. One of the best ever.But I hate what it has become in it's show version later on  .Peacockery and show off.  But the music is just perfect. It was specifically crafted for a figure skating program. Plu put a lot of thought in it then. Of course it has to be edited  because the FS is now significantly shorter. So excited!!!

3 minutes ago, Yoa said:

I wonder what will be in choreo sequence since he used IB and Hydroblade as entries. Spread eagles ala olympic practice? Spirals? Something completely new? And I am really curious about step sequence. Plushenko's stsq is quite fast. But maybe Yuzu uses different fragment of music for it

I'm dying for the step sequence. I want fast fast fast! 

I'm curious what the ChSq will look like. With the time reduction, my guess was that ChSq will be hit hardest...but that's also a section where he can do awesome toe-pick steps like Yagudin's Winter. So who knows...*fingers crossed* what if he does a giant giant change edge spiral? O_O

5 minutes ago, Yoa said:

Given that the IB and Hydroblade are in transitions, I'm putting my money on the ChSq being a 6.0 style step sequence. Different to Plushenko's but that kind of energy and none of the limitations of current stsq rules. 

4 minutes ago, Xen said:

what if he does a giant giant change edge spiral? O_O

I feel like with the time reduction a lot of the bigger (And by bigger I mean longer - like a giant long spiral/ IB/ hydroblades) components won't be showing up....

7 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

I feel like with the time reduction a lot of the bigger (And by bigger I mean longer - like a giant long spiral/ IB/ hydroblades) components won't be showing up....

The ina bauer became a transition in the free instead of that dramatic feel it moment. I got angry at ISU when I read Yuzu's comment of how the 30 second deduction made the free even harder. ISU should take in Yuzu's opinions into consideration! Because he is GOAT lol (am I joking?):embSwan:

• Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic