Media Day 2018

5 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

I love it! I want lacy, dark, glitters, with see through bits! I think Hanyu looks prettier in androgynous costumes. 

I would KILL to see him wear something like that. 

Except the hair doesn't match the rest of the whole. It needs something... something... less wild, maybe? Prettier?

Oh goodness, what am I doing?! I'm supposed to be working, not thinking about someone's hair, for pete's sake! 

Funny story about Johnny's Otonal. He decided to bring it back for Torino 2006 but bombed the FS (he was in medal contention being 2nd after the SP) leaving the door open for a bronze medal to JButt (who also had a bit of a disaster FS but not as bad as Weir). I wonder how Jbutt feels about doing choreo for this music :2011112318014775d:

13 minutes ago, Paskud said:

:tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:

So what about this:

I like the design, but not the colors, really... (also not sure about the lower part of the sleeve and the lacy gloves, seems a tad overkill to me lol). But something like that would be :10742290:

7小时前, Sombreuil说:

Nijinsky will be fabulous - less convinced by Otonal - seems a bit ....flat?.....but he’s probably chopped it around to make it more interesting - can’t wait to see!!!!!

i think so, when i saw this many times plu skate it in ice show, i already think its a good music

That why i am happy Zu skate to this.
At this moment after capture his 2 OLY GOLD, i don't think he still have to aware much on others ppl comment for what music he choose.

Our King, just skate to what you want! :dancingpooh:

but Otonal.....is a quiet music similar to H&L(but H&L even more memorizing melody), so............i am not sure abt this........:crazyshit:

2 minutes ago, sophiang said:

but Otonal.....is a quiet music similar to H&L(but H&L even more memorizing melody), so............i am not sure abt this........:crazyshit:

Otonal and Asian Dream Song/Pretender are all "modern" classical piano, but very different styles. I had an, shall we say, "issue" with Hope & Legacy, in that I was so familiar with the original two compositions that I found it surprisingly difficult to really get a good feel for the song, because I kept automatically thinking about the two different pieces. Not sure why, because I never have that problem with other 'mix' pieces. Nijinsky, for example, also has some very familiar music thrown in (e.g. Scheherazade), but there it doesn't detract. 

Otonal reminds me strongly of another famous piece, one that's been used often in figure skating, a zarzuela called La Leyenda del Besos. Must be some melodic lines, and of course the Spanish/Argentinian music influences. I'm a Joe Hisaishi fan (like, really, I once bought a PILE of his piano sheet music books in Japan, so good!) but if I had to make a choice, I think I'm going to be a lot happier with Otonal than with H&L, strictly speaking about the music, anyway. :-)

I like how both pieces this season has a Russian vibe to it. Johnny had training in Russia so he has that sort of style to his skating. Also the music themselves somehow remind me of Russia. It's like he's challenging different cultures every season!

• Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic