Media Day 2018

23 minutes ago, TallyT said:

I love that he did ask them both, it's just so respectful.  But oh to be a fly on the wall when he went to Shae-Lynn...

"You know Plushy's absolutely iconic, one-of-the-all-time-great, most famous ever programs Nijinsky? I want you to redo it for me!"

(ps - sorry for the double post)

She probably took it in stride, then went home asking herself "Why me?":joy:

Just now, quadaxelwin said:

He might do a blue one like Johnny though! Although he did do Etude in Blue, so maybe autumn will be great! I'm just hoping the usual bead parties with sparkles and laces! 

YES! Red costume with many gold sparkles in shape of oak tree leafs:tantrum:

3 minutes ago, Paskud said:

YES! Red costume with many gold sparkles in shape of oak tree leafs:tantrum:

But Otonal is a heavy, dark sort of music, it has a sad tone to it. So he might not use bright colors, but moody, toned down colors to match the tone of the music. 

I haven't had the chance to sit and read through the topic yet, but I guess Hanyu decided to pay tribute to his two big influences by skating to their two great programs? I vaguely remember Otonal from way back (someone give me that piano sheet music NOW, I desperately need it!), probably saw it once at the time, I guess (it was right around the time I started watching figure skating), but Nijinsky is hard to forget. Hurah to Yuzu to picking these pieces, they're lovely and I'm sure he'll do brilliantly making them into his own. 

As for costumes... the more flowy, the better. Hopefully let Johnny Weir create them, he knows what to do!

What a great thing to wake up to on this Friday morning! :68468287: I have to work this morning, but then it's HOLIDAY, yay, so a great start already! (Only, how am I going to focus on work for another four hours now?!)

1 minute ago, Tsubakindy said:

Looks like we're in for a wild ride, Hanyu style ha ha ha this boy never fails to surprise us :xD:

Think back to 4CC when he changed nearly all his layouts in a few seconds after the mistake during the free. With Hanyu, anything is possible. He's like YOI real live version, only more dramatic. 

• Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic