Media Day 2018

Barging in once again and sorry if my following ramblings have been already discussed, I just need to let it out before going back backtracking everything because I'm really #shook

Under spoiler so everyone can skip :tumblr_inline_n2pje39gH11qdlkyg:

Spoiler

I'm stunned speechless don't know how to feel 😱 going back home at 2am checking twitter just out of habit and finding out that the media day I was expecting in a week had already happened and everything is just too much, all at once, no preparation at all,  just like Yuzu's 3A or 3F (time to mourn over 3F and Lz now 😣)

I guess the deluge of alerts from PH was a fair warning but I thought it was still the excitement about September the 8th :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

After the announcement about 'media day' for Sept I had realized I was not ready at all for the programs reveal and now I can barely process all of this, I feel attacked and how on heart am I supposed to sleep now? I'm shaking and I don't even know what the heck I'm writing 

I just LOVE  both of the music choices  (tho a bit sad for no rock Zu:tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg:) and the meaning behind his choices is just so Yuzu (also, that one was by far my fave Plushy program, one of my absolute faves among all non-Yuzu programs and I'm looking forward to how much more I can love this deadly combo of Yuzuru + that music...)

And of course Yuzuru already knew back in April what music he would skate to...But of course! And of course half-recycling LOL

Well, at least no warhorses tho :headdesk2:

He's challenging something iconic imo and I felt thay one day he would want to 'challenge' Plu-sama but I thought it would be his olypmic The Godfather and I felt :waffle: But it's Nijinski instead and I'm so happy! And relieved 😅)

I'm glad 4Lo is back :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: (tho, Zuzu, to say it's better than at Olys doesn't mean much, your ankle was a mess back then :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:), but ngl,  I am worried about his ankle still,  with no flip nor Lutz...but if he trains 4A it can't be that bad, RIGHT? :sadPooh:

And I can't believe 4A is closer than I expected :13877886: now we know for sure Nessie had been landed, several times. He wouldn't even talk about wanting to add It this season otherwise

It reminds me of Yuzu training 4Lo while his left foot was healing...I hope Lz and F can follow the sane path of 4T and come back in due time, more beautiful than ever :snonegai:

I guess the loss in BV using 3Lo instead of 3Lz or F (can't believe the third jump has changed :cry:) isn't tragic. Tho I don't understand why put all combos late in the program when only two of them and final 3A are gonna get the bonus...why does he always make things harder for himself? :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid: (tho I suppose he expects he might need to #YOLO one of his combo now and then attacchino jump to his Last 3A :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: but he could move one combo as second jumping pass, switch place with that solo 4T...)

I'm a wreak RIGHT now but Yuzuru looks good in footage and smiley and dramatic and he keeps trolling all of us and I've missed him and his skating and everything so much, so I'm happy now :tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5: shaking but happy :tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

10 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

So he said he is controlling/restraining (?) from jumping quad (lutz) because there is still some discomfort (but no pain) when jumping the flip and lutz. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this means regarding the 4F and 4Lz, he's not training them yet because there is "almost" no pain, but there is a sense of discomfort... I mean I am trusting him but I can't help but worry... *worries*

7 minutes ago, Noelle said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this means regarding the 4F and 4Lz, he's not training them yet because there is "almost" no pain, but there is a sense of discomfort... I mean I am trusting him but I can't help but worry... *worries*

Maybe he means mental discomfort. Like anxiety: from GS

What on earth?? I come home and I totally didn't expect this like all of you!!! What a troll Yuzu!!!. I can't wait for his new programs I know he is going to kill it. But more importantly, I love that he seems to enjoy his new path. He is a legend already, he can do whatever he wants (still he wants to keep doing history with thay 4A) so I really admire his love for the sport. It's amazing.

46 minutes ago, Noelle said:

He says that mostly, there's no pain, but there is weakness - which probably means just discomfort; I remember when he was talking about his lisfranc injury, he said initially it was just a weakness, that then grew into pain; now there's still weakness so he's not pushing himself and he's still abstaining from practicing those. The implication to me, though, is that if the weakness goes away - and surely that means he does try them at times, maybe triples at least - he'll go back to practicing them. That doesn't seem to imply any anxiety or mental blocks. It's simply that his body does not allow him to go there.

ETA: that's based on that one tweet in Japanese by Figure Skate Life. I haven't seen the full context of that.

(What amuses me is that if his body did allow it, he might be either the skater with the most quads or be definitely up there with Nathan :P Only thing is he would never sacrifice everything else for the sake of quads, though. No wonder he finds the 4 mins FS more difficult than 4A. And talk about a statement to throw at your competitors lol)

6 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Omg it’s 7am and i wake up to music reveal and instead of 4lz he’ll do 4A what in the world :dpooh:

Axel was his greatest jump so I'm not surprised. But I wonder if the 4Lo won't affect his ankle. Loops are also quite burdening on his injuries. I'm sort of speculating it is his only choice to up his BV without Flip and Lutz so he is going for it. 

• Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic