Media Day 2018

hace 12 minutos , Murieleirum said:

No but really, Otonal is an amazing piece and it also has movement and vital moments to it! Johnny's cut is particularily flat, but I believe in Yuzuru's music matching up abilities c: 

I have listened to it now three times and I like it! I had never heard it before and now I'm very curious to know how the final editing will be.... :67638860:

hace 2 minutos , Murieleirum said:

"New music"...

...what a damn troll tho. 

:headdesk:

He did say the truth...:mischief:

I find both music absolutely beautiful and knowing that his favourite skaters skated to this music in the past and that Yuzu will be happy to skate to this pieces makes me also so happy :sadPooh:

I just cannot wait for ACI and to see the programs! These few seconds from his FS looks wonderful :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

11 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

Can someone explain to me where the music from Plushenko's "Tribute to Nijinsky" come from? It's been mentioned it's azn original composition? By whom? But it contains pieces of Sheherezade too?

Plushenko named his free skate "Tribute to Vaslav Nijinksy" and it was a mix of Korsakov's Scheherazade, Art on Ice, Magic Stradivarius, and King of Forest by Edvin Marton.

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

Can someone explain to me where the music from Plushenko's "Tribute to Nijinsky" come from? It's been mentioned it's azn original composition? By whom? But it contains pieces of Sheherezade too?

I did a Google search and apparently it's composed of music by Edvin Marton. It has pieces of "Magic Stradivarius", "Art on Ice" and "King of the Forest", according to my search.

Edit: I see I was beaten to the answer XD

7 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Nervously eating salami sammiches here 

No but really, Otonal is an amazing piece and it also has movement and vital moments to it! Johnny's cut is particularily flat, but I believe in Yuzuru's music matching up abilities c: 

Me too! 

Not the sandwiches (bon appetit btw :)) but the music. Since I didn't know the music, I first watched one of Johnny's performances and I wasn't feeling it. My emotions ranged from meh to well to more uhu noises. But then I listened to just the music and wow! One minute in and I was ready to open a bottle of red wine, swooning on my coach while collecting all of my tears in my special Yuzu-feels-vial because of all of the feels! I can just picture him now, smirking at me: "Challenge accepted." and I am so ready for it!

1 minute ago, Fay said:

There’s Yuzu feeling 100percent comfortable in a situation I’d die in. Just bathing in so much attention and admiration...

I don’t know how he does it - I’d be curled up in a ball and wedged under the bench.  It’s a far cry from those uncomfortable photos at Sochi.

5 minutes ago, Fay said:

There’s Yuzu feeling 100percent comfortable in a situation I’d die in. Just bathing in so much attention and admiration...

He's used to it after +4 years of it... and I think it's nice that he almost has a personal relationship with all of those photographers! It helps! Also maybe this media day felt different to him because he wasn't on a mission anymore... he's only announcing to the world that he's gonna do whatever the fuck he wants. Lol. 

6 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I find both music absolutely beautiful and knowing that his favourite skaters skated to this music in the past and that Yuzu will be 

Plushenko named his free skate "Tribute to Vaslav Nijinksy" and it was a mix of Korsakov's Scheherazade, Art on Ice, Magic Stradivarius, and King of Forest by Edvin Marton.

Hide contents

6 minutes ago, MajaHled said:

I did a Google search and apparently it's composed of music by Edvin Marton. It has pieces of "Magic Stradivarius", "Art on Ice" and "King of the Forest", according to my search.

Edit: I see I was beaten to the answer XD

So if Yuzu's "Origin" is going to be a re-arranged "Tribute to Nijinsky" does it mean Yuzu will take those 4 pieces of music and do his own cut? I'm assuming he'll keep the most characteristic parts?

13 minutes ago, Yoa said:

I actually wonder what was Brian's initial reaction :10814716: And at Ciontu Yuzu had both his choreographers and his idols. I wonder if Shae knew then. I actually feel sorry for her and Jeff because the are now under pressure. But I trust them :D 

They know Yuzu's skating so intimately, they've done such perfectly-Yuzu work, they will come up with something unique and brilliant, I have faith in both of them.

But I did say he would come up with something no one had thought of....

• Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic