Remembering Denis Ten

19 minutes ago, Gaby said:

I'm planning  to go to CoP .  The  main  reason is  Yuzu   , but  I  was so surprised and excited  to  see that Denis was  going  to be  there as well. I thought  he  was done  with  competitive  skating  so it  was a  pleasant  surprise  . 

Now  every time I see ''1993-2018'' it's like getting a punch in the throat.  :(

Yes, whenever I see the "Denis Ten 1993-2018" in tribute videos my heart feels like it's being twisted. Meanwhile whenever I see "stabbed because of side mirrors" my blood boils. 

1 hour ago, PapiandPooh422 said:

Yes, whenever I see the "Denis Ten 1993-2018" in tribute videos my heart feels like it's being twisted. Meanwhile whenever I see "stabbed because of side mirrors" my blood boils. 

This  particular  part   gives me a  whiplash every time I  see  it  mentioned. Every  loss of life  is hard to process  , especially  for those  who are  close  to the late person, but  this  death  OMG,  so  sensless, so  nonsensical  so freaking  pointless!! They  killed him  over  virtually nothing,  stupid  mirrors ...I  can't  deal with this  shit.

17 minutes ago, Gaby said:

This  particular  part   gives me a  whiplash every time I  see  it  mentioned. Every  loss of life  is hard to process  , especially  for those  who are  close  to the late person, but  this  death  OMG,  so  sensless, so  nonsensical  so freaking  pointless!! They  killed him  over  virtually nothing,  stupid  mirrors ...I  can't  deal with this  shit.

Exactly. I wish that justice will be served for Denis! 

I went to the Kazakhstan embassy in Tokyo last night since they are accepting flowers for Denis. It was heartbreaking to see many people in ordinary clothes bringing flowers because usually, that's what I see on my way to shows and competitions, but flowers have always been the sign of appreciation towards skaters, so I'm thankful to for them for letting to let us see him off that way. (They also opened the embassy a lot longer than usual and multiplied the seats for us to write messages for Denis)

I still don't know what to say about what happened. It's so sad thinking how young he was and how suddenly he had to go.

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

Everyone saying that Shoma skated this program for Denis. Idk if it’s true or not but if it’s true  :tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5: It would be the sweetest 

Shoma's old EX:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: It might be true, if you think about the lyrics and even the circumstances of this particular song (and what happened to the actor, too...too many young lives broken). It's a beautiful tribute :tumblr_lkl6q24eyw1qfamg6:

Guest turquoiseblue

'Forgive us, we couldn't save you': Mourners pay tribute to Denis Ten at slain skater's funeral

Hordes of fans at the memorial carried flowers and held banners reading: "Forgive us, we couldn't save you", Reuters reported, during the memorial service to the 25-year-old in the city’s Palace of Sport. They also listened to a recording of a song Ten wrote soon before his death, called "She Won't Be Mine".

Kazakh world champion boxer Gennady Golovkin flew from Los Angeles to attend the funeral and seldom left the side of the skater’s bereft parents during the service. He later posted a black and white picture of himself and Ten with the caption: “You will always remain in our thoughts.”

Guest turquoiseblue

2018-07-21 21:00 News | Denis TEN Memorial Ceremony / Embassy of the Republic of Kazakhstan in Korea