Remembering Denis Ten

13 hours ago, axelnojutsu said:

Not knowing who he was shouldn't have an influence on your decision to stab someone either way, let alone multiple times :gaah:

My sentiments also...like what the heck? Why not just run the heck away if someone catches you robbing them? Why get violent? Makes me so mad.

15 hours ago, dancingnoodles said:

Bringing this back... Denis had some really great ideas and visions, if only they could be implemented by ISU :sadPooh:

Implementing this idea would make a fantastic memorial for him.

Guest turquoiseblue

Sport Minister reads out condolence letter from Nursultan Nazarbayev

Minister of Culture and Sport Arystanbek Mukhamediuly read out the telegram of condolences to the parents of Denis Ten from President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev, Kazinform correspondent reports.

"Dear Yuri Alexandrovich and Oksana Alekseyevna, dear compatriots, not only Kazakhstan but the whole world is mourning today together with us," the Minister began his speech.

In the letter, the Head of state expressed his condolences to the family of Merited Master of Sport of the Republic of Kazakhstan Denis Ten.

"I was deeply saddened by the news of the tragic death of Denis Yurievich Ten, a famous Kazakhstani athlete, a bronze medalist of the 2014 Winter Olympics. Please accept my condolences on this irreparable loss. He greatly contributed to the formation and development of the national figure skating school, the promotion of Kazakhstan's sport at the highest level. His outstanding achievements glorified our country and helped popularize sport among youth.

Denis was not only a prominent athlete, whose talent was recognized and revered in many countries of the world, but also a man of marked individuality, a true patriot of Kazakhstan. We will always cherish the memory of Denis Yurievich Ten in our hearts," the telegram reads.

Guest turquoiseblue

People line up at Kazakh embassy in Japan to pay tribute to Denis Ten

The video provided by the embassy shows that people with flowers are waiting in line to leave their messages in the book of condolences. As Spokesman of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan Aibek Smadiyarov told Kazinform correspondent, people continue coming and have already filled eight books of condolences with their heartfelt messages.

Guest turquoiseblue

Almaty residents bid final farewell to Denis Ten

The farewell ceremony for Denis Ten came to an end, Kazinform correspondent reports.

A song recorded in Denis Ten's lifetime was heard at the farewell ceremony when people were carrying the coffin with his body. The whole arena accompanied the famous athlete with a loud applause.

Hundreds of people said farewell to Denis Ten for the last time.

A month ago, he turned 25 years old. He trained every day to conquer new peaks in the figure skating world. He composed music and created songs, and dreamed of making films.

20180721125650.jpg

Thank you, Denis. Your time with us may have been an all-too-short one but the effect you had while you were around is an immeasurably profound one. The gaping hole in your shape that is your absence tells me how much your presence meant, even if I hadn't realized it before. Rest assured that the legacy you have left behind will live on in your stead. And may your loved ones be able to move on with pride in their hearts, and be well taken care of.

Skate happily among angels, Hero of Kazahkstan, and Champion of Life.

1 hour ago, PapiandPooh422 said:

How I wish that all of this is just a bad dream. That this thread does not exist. That he's gonna skate at Cup of Russia next season... 

:tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5::tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5::tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5:

I'm planning  to go to CoP .  The  main  reason is  Yuzu   , but  I  was so surprised and excited  to  see that Denis was  going  to be  there as well. I thought  he  was done  with  competitive  skating  so it  was a  pleasant  surprise  . 

Now  every time I see ''1993-2018'' it's like getting a punch in the throat.  :(