Remembering Denis Ten

Although it is a little thing compared to the pain of the loss, the skating community is really showing how close and how intimate and how much respect everyone feels towards everyone else. They are a big family and I can't imagine the shock they must be going through. With this kind of network, I hope everyone will feel the support and strenght to carry on. These are the moments that everyone needs to get closer to one another. 

As for myself, I find it hard to come to terms with the stupidity and absurdity of the incident, and I am not even one of those people who feel comforted by things like punishments or sentences. It's just sad that such a precious thing as human life can be lost over literally nothing. 

Guest turquoiseblue

People laying flowers in Denis Ten’s memory at Kazakh embassies

"In many countries of the world, there are many friends and admirers of Denis Ten. They are already expressing their support to the family of Denis, the people of Kazakhstan. The doors of our embassies and consulates are always open to all. Yesterday people gathered near our consulate in Riga. A book of condolences has been opened today at the embassy in Moscow," the Press Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Aibek Smadiyarov, told Kazinform correspondent.

Meanwhile, the Kazakh Embassy in Russia said on Facebook that those wishing to pay tribute to tragically killed Denis Ten, a prominent figure skater and the idol of the public, are free to lay flowers in front of his portrait set at the entrance to the Embassy building today from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm.

Besides, compassionate people and fans are bringing candles and expressing condolences in front of the building of the Embassy of Kazakhstan in the Czech Republic over the tragic death of Olympic medalist Denis Ten.

"The Embassy of Kazakhstan in the Czech Republic and Slovakia extends its deepest condolences to the relatives and friends of the greatest Kazakhstani athlete who has passed away," the statement says.