Remembering Denis Ten

There seem to be so much death surrounding me that everything hits really hard when someone dies. My best friend two years of cancer, my former boss wife a few months ago, my friend’s brother last month, my dad’s uncle last week..... I don’t know Denis personally but I’m just very sad for his family and friends and what they are going through. 

Guest turquoiseblue

Nursultan Nazarbayev personally condoles with Denis Ten's parents

The President immediately sent a telegram of condolences to the family and friends of the athlete, who, over the course of his short but bright life, did a lot for the national figure skating development and the rise of the Kazakh sport as a whole. Moreover, Nursultan Nazarbayev personally expressed his sincere condolences to Denis Ten's parents, who brought up a wonderful son, a true patriot who set a worthy example for our youth.

The Head of State said that the untimely death of Denis is a grievous, irreparable loss for his family and friends, and for the entire country. Expressing the words of support and sympathy for the parents of the figure skater, the President of Kazakhstan assured them that the perpetrators of the crime will be brought to justice,

Denis Ten Memorial may appear at Medeo skating rink

The management team of the Medeo High-Mountain Skating Rink supports the idea of installing a memorial to famous Kazakh figure skater Denis Ten, Kazinform correspondent reports.

"We absolutely support this idea. The only thing is, it is a state-owned structure, a property of Almaty city. At the moment, we are negotiating with the City Hall. As soon as this initiative is approved, we will decide on the location," said Aigerim Niyazbekova, Marketing Director at the Medeo Corporation.

Entertainment TV channels to broadcast in black-and-white due to Denis Ten death

Kazakhstan's entertainment TV channels such as Gakku and Toi Duman set to broadcast today and tomorrow in black-and-white due to the tragic death of Denis Ten, Kazinform reports.

Besides, Gakku FM, Love Radio and Dacha FM radio stations have cancelled all entertainment programs for two days. We hope for your understanding, Gakku TV account reads.

Besides, large shopping centres of Almaty and Astana cities cancelled entertainment events scheduled for July 20-22.

How cruel it is for a figure skater to have his right leg stabbed, and Denis even received several more deep wounds. To think he just posted a story on Instagram about an hour before the incident. Life is so fleeting. May he be in a more wonderful place.