Banana Fish

yude

Hace 17 horas, yude said:

Thank you for your gif! I heard that voice actor of him was going to be Toshiyuki Morikawa, I don't know many voice actors but I know him because he has been doing Tom Cruise's voice for years (Tom approved it officially). I'm looking forward to it since I like Blanca and Morikawa's voice :)

I really like new OP and ED, especially ED. I know we'll have to cry hearing this song in the last episode...sigh :cry:

Wow he's a chameleon with the voice :omg:

Mirai Nagasu has been asking for anime recommendation on twitter, but I kind of hesitate to recommend "BANANA FISH" since I know its theme is not for everyone. If she is ok with dark and violent content, I will say "Go watch it!!" but I don't know her taste so :think: And I've been wondering if Yuzuru has been watching this anime, I am sure if his mother likes reading manga, she knows BANANA FISH. I don't know Yuzuru's private life, but maybe he doesn't watch anime during figure skating season but enjoy them in off season, watches a lot to catch up? I'm really curious what he thinks of this anime, even though he must and will not be watching it. (but I guess he will like the songs and music :))

Doctor (Max): Today's surgery was hard, did you watch my fluent way of using knife, Barbara? 

Barbara (Ash): Yes, your fascinating, gorgeous way of using knife, your determined move and precise orders were so dependable. 

Doc: Sure they were, sure they were.

Barbara: I can hardly imagine it was the same skill as another cocky journalist.

Doc: Hey, stop talking about it, are you trying to scoop out my old wounds?

Barbara: Oh, doctor, your face is collapsing. 

Doc: What?

Barbara: Oh my god, you need a surgery right now.

Ash: The next episode of BANANA FISH, "The Poor Peacock".

Doc: My face has been always like this.

I think episode 16 was very fun overall since escaping from the mental health facility is one of my favorite parts of the series. Am I the only one couldn't stop help laughing at how Ash treated Dawson on their way, like he used him as a stool? :smiley-laughing021: I know we have to respect elders but somehow those scenes were comical to me. And of course, Barbara, I envy her beautiful legs :biggrin: Some fans have watched episode 17 already and they say there was not even a single laugh in it, so we better cherish funny moments in a couple of episodes we had because I don't think we'll have them more in future...

My thoughts for future episodes including spoiler:

Spoiler

(To the manga readers) 

Do you think we'll see Fox in anime? Sorry for repeating this but I am very worried of its pacing (they are doing very good job but still!). There are only 8 episodes left and I doubt if there is enough time for Fox appears. But without him, how this story ends? I keep thinking about these options, 

1. Mappa rushes, they put Fox no matter what.

2. No Fox, Mappa has only Blanca and makes another ending.

3. Mappa plans to release season 3.

4. Mappa plans to make a movie to finish the series.

I really don't like No.1 but sadly it is most likely. I like No.2 better if only they do fine job. No.3 or 4 are my hopes, but I don't know, it doesn't happen in anime series very often? Japanese TV drama does No. 4 frequently, we have to go to the theater how the story ends. If BANANA FISH does it, they can use whole 2 hours and even include "Garden of Light" (personally I can't imagine BF without it). I think these all depend on how much BF is popular but it seems to me it is not a big hit worldwide, so yeah, probably No.1 is going to be the final answer...:crybaby:

Eiji: You are always lying down on the sofa, it's unhealthy. 

Yousiss: Ha! You are good, you are full of energy, I am totally jealous of you. 

Eiji: What do you mean?

Yousiss: How many times did you try to escape when I locked you up?

Eiji: Twice.

Yousiss: Seven! Seven times!! First time, you said you had stomachache and pretended being sick. Second time, you hit the waiter's head with a vase. Third time, you broke TV with a chair and pulled a sheet, and rolled up the waiter with it. Fourth time, when the waiter opened the door carrying the meals...

Eiji: Next episode of BANANA FISH, "The Killers".

Yousiss: Hey, are you listening to me? Apologize to the waiter!

I will be busy with this episode AND Yuzuru's competition :laughing:

• 2 weeks later...

Eiji: Ahh, Ramen was great! 

Ash: Your decent meal is Ramen?

Eiji: What's wrong with it? It is cheaper than Sushi or Tenpura and delicious, it is the best lunch.

Ash: It is a chunk of salt, fat and carbohydrates.

Eiji: Usually, we put rice in the soup after eating all noodle as we call it "Ramen rice". It was not appropriate for you to put noodle on the rice.

Ash: Who cares how I eat it? 

Eiji: Next episode of BANANA FISH, "Islands in the Stream".

Ash: The Japanese are in no position to criticize as long as Natto exists on the earth.

Eiji: You still talk about it...

I have never tried "Ramen rice" in my life since I am always full by only eating noodle. And I really like Natto as much as Eiji does, but not all Japanese love Natto and some people react just like Ash :laughing:

17 時間前, Malekoさんが言いました:

Oh boy... What episode... Just 6 to go and I don't think I'll make it without feeling like crap :dpooh::Poohgaveup:Why I'm so masochistic.:13877886:

Same for me! :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

THIS. EPISODE. はああぁあ…。

It was so painful to watch, but at the same time, this episode may be the most favorite of mine so far. They had almost all scenes I had wanted, thank you, Mappa. Eiji is an innocent person but why Ash can also be so pure after all his worst life? He is beautiful at heart which makes me want to cry :cry:

I wonder if young viewers got "Gremlins" joke since the movie was from 80's. In Japan, it used to be aired in Christmas holidays but "Home Alone" took over and we don't have many chance to watch "Gremlins" now. 

On 2018/10/23 at 午前6時49分, yudeさんが言いました:

This reactor was so shocked watching episode 2, he is almost in tears knowing Ash's past and feeling so sorry for him. I really liked his reaction but at the same time, I kind of worry for him since if he was like that in episode 2, how is he going to be like in episode 7 or 9? I hope he survives. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOXz7LKoMRs

By the way, this reactor was totally broken watching episode 9, kept crying in the whole episode, and says he is not sure when he will come back. And that's what I had expected from him to be honest...I hope he stays healthy and enjoy other animes.