History of Yuzu's 4axel talk

5 hours ago, lazuliblade said:

There's a tiny snippet of Orser talking about Yuzu enjoying training the 4Lz and 4A in an interview post-ACI 2017:
https://wherespacepooh.tumblr.com/post/166007226014/brian-orser-interview-post-aci-2017109-aera

I know he mentioned in an interview how some days Yuzu would train a 4F, the next day a 4A... but I can't for the life of me find it. I'll do some searching later tonight.

Found it, though it's a bit different than I remembered:

https://wherespacepooh.tumblr.com/post/165164014274/brian-orser-interview-at-yh-2017-18-media-day

<Q: Plans for Hanyu to challenge new jumps this season?>

All of the skaters, including my 12-year-old student, everybody is trying out and practicing new jumps. <For young skaters, this is a part of learning skating. Of course, Yuzuru is also constantly challenging new jumps. 4A and 4Lz… although he doesn’t really do the 4F so much, and of course the Loop has gotten quite excellent.> During summer training, it’s normal to train more experimentally, sort of like “Well, let’s try the 4Lz today” and “Today, the 4A.” And so, there are still several weeks until we decide what to do with the new jumps. And, we’ll also have to decide what to do in February at the Olympics. At some point, we’ll have to settle on the jump layout.

Nothing has been decided. More than anything, this is a question for Yuzuru rather than myself. As I’ve said, he’s been attempting jumps like 4Lz and 4A. We have to think strategically, in a smart way. It’s an important year, and there are other skaters who jump 4Lz, 4F, but that isn’t to say we must also follow suit. We have many other ways to compete. At the World Championships {last season}, it was actually very interesting to be able to see the top skaters on the ice at the same time during official practice and six-minute warm-up. The difference in skating skills, ability, and maturity is clear. In my personal opinion, Javier and Yuzuru absolutely stand out. And that leads to the high PCS and GOE for all the elements.