Got an Event Question?

Yatagarasu

16 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

I know nothing about this competition but I'm wondering if Yuzu will compete. Aside from that, any information at all about venue, tickets etc. would be wonderful!

4 hours ago, Puniyo said:

I believe all Japanese skaters must enter Nationals every year if they want to join major international competitions (someone enlighten me please).

Especially this coming season since it's the Olympics one. There are 3 spots for men's so it will be fine but the it's going to be a bloodbath for the girls. :biggrinumbrella-smiley-face:

4 hours ago, Dara said:

JSF still haven't announced venue for this year Nationals.

Also per JSF rules you can't become member of national team if you didn't compete at Nationals, with some rare exceptions like Yuzu in 2016 - Worlds medalists can skip Nationals due to illness and still be considered to be included in the team. 

3 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Thank you both for confirming. :pbow: 

Though I like other skaters, too, Yuzu is the only skater I'd spend money to see live so I'm thinking nationals might be a bit easier to get tickets to than the grand prix series events, though I'm sure any event in Japan will be ridiculously difficult to attend.

Has anyone been to nationals before?

Every one,

I would like to have a good seat in Megasports Arena, but I still can't decide which one will be a "GOOD" one. 

Never been to the spot or even see a real competition of figure skating. 

Who can explain simply that which one shall be good one?

Thank you.

On 2017. 06. 08. at 16:53, supphear said:

Every one,

I would like to have a good seat in Megasports Arena, but I still can't decide which one will be a "GOOD" one. 

Never been to the spot or even see a real competition of figure skating. 

Who can explain simply that which one shall be good one?

Thank you.

I don't know if you have already seen it, but this post might help to answer your question.

On 2017/6/15 at PM9点26分, Lunna said:

Usually it's under B3

c0de0563da5541ba.png

I try to find a B3 seat detailed pic from internet but I can't figure out which to choose.  Which direction they face or where is K&C region?

I would be great if you could help me. It's totally confused.

21 minutes ago, supphear said:

I try to find a B3 seat detailed pic from internet but I can't figure out which to choose.  Which direction they face or where is K&C region?

I would be great if you could help me. It's totally confused.

If I remember correctly K&C is where B3 is close to B2, so it' under the seats where it starts from 7th row. But from there you can see only skaters heads when they seat there so to be close but a little opposite to the K&C and not directly above is good too. And the first rows have high barriers (and some other rows too) so the 6th and 8th row can be better than 5th and 7th here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So my attendance at NHK or GPF is up in the air while I try to convince myself that flying to another country JUST for SP is worth it (:facepalm:) but I have a question about lines at venues.

I've seen footage in various Japanese documentaries of unbelievably massive lines to get in to figure skating events. I'm mainly wanting to see the Men's so don't feel like I need to get in as soon as the doors open but I wonder if there are likely to be long lines throughout the day. I'm not sure if anyone can answer that for me. :14066882: And I wonder why the lines are so long. Is it to buy merchandise and magazines before they sell out?

I can't stand for long and get quite sick if I have to so either I just sit and wait until I see a shorter line or get a walking stick that turns into a chair and hurt my bum and my pride. Or squat. I don't know. I'm travelling alone so won't have anyone to hold my place in line, either. I generally just avoid anything I have to line up for but Hanyu happened to me and I have to go and seeeee. 

Maybe I should e-mail the venue and explain my situation? My impression of Japan is not one of a country that's particularly accommodating to sick and disabled people, though. :/ 

• 1 month later...

I am going to have to put some friends up overnight on 9.12.17. which is potentially going to interfere with me seeing the GPF - are the times of the various parts of the competition likely to be similar to NHK, in which case I'll probably be ok or will the JGPF being at the same venue alter things?

• robin unpinned this topic
  • 3 months later...