K-drama & co

Yatagarasu

On 9/25/2018 at 6:32 AM, Louitunes said:

Hello all.  Anybody looking forward to the new draft of upcoming KDramas?  Very interested to see what they will do with The Beauty Inside since I adored the original film.  Also looking forward to The Third Charm and Terius Behind Me.  Slight crush on So Ji Sub since Oh My Venus is one of my all time favs. So In Guk's drama Hundred Million Starts Falling From the Sky also looks good but don't know if I can handle the angst.  Did enjoy his performance in Shopping King Louis.  At the moment my first port of call is 100 Days My Prince - so cute - so far. Also watching The Ghost Detective which is a crazy mess but totally addictive.  Just finished Thirty but Seventeen which was sooooo good (Oh Chan! ... Breakthrough performance there) and Your Honour which was soooo good until the last episode which felt rushed and not in keeping with the rest of the story.  Oh dear ...... Bit of a rant .... Can you tell I'm a bit of a fan!!!!

I was looking through the list of currently airing K-dramas after I finished Thirty but Seventeen (Yes, breakthrough performance for Chan-haksaeng!) and realised nothing interest me except 100 days My Prince which I'm following now. So during the weekly wait, I will just rewatch My ID Is Gangnam Beauty and looping ACI's Otonal and Origin (and sneak in a bit of Astro's videos) :grin:

I'm definitely looking forward to Beauty Inside. I will watch Hundred Million Stars too for Seo In Guk except that I recall I dislike the J-drama (even though I totally have no memory what was the story about now). 

My friend recommend The Ghost Detective but I kind of scare of ghosts... This is me who actually finds Master's Sun scary... :facepalm:

55 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

I was looking through the list of currently airing K-dramas after I finished Thirty but Seventeen (Yes, breakthrough performance for Chan-haksaeng!) and realised nothing interest me except 100 days My Prince which I'm following now. So during the weekly wait, I will just rewatch My ID Is Gangnam Beauty and looping ACI's Otonal and Origin (and sneak in a bit of Astro's videos) :grin:

I'm definitely looking forward to Beauty Inside. I will watch Hundred Million Stars too for Seo In Guk except that I recall I dislike the J-drama (even though I totally have no memory what was the story about now). 

My friend recommend The Ghost Detective but I kind of scare of ghosts... This is me who actually finds Master's Sun scary... :facepalm:

If you want to watch a cute high school drama featuring astro I recommend To Be Continued :winky:

1 hour ago, kelly said:

If you want to watch a cute high school drama featuring astro I recommend To Be Continued :winky:

Funny this morning I was just searching for it on youtube. I was originally wondering if i can accept, what I assumed will be, cutesy high school drama but I think I may just watch it since I have a dry period now on dramaland. I found an episode and hope youtube will have the full subbed episodes... 

7 hours ago, yumeaki said:

Oh I loved "Master's Sun".  So Ji Sub again! Also Gong Hyo-Jin is wonderful as the ghost besieged female lead.  Her role in "It's OK That's Love" is fab too.... And so is that Drama's musical score.  I don't think "Ghost Detective" is as scary.  The ghosts in "Master's Sun" were certainly creepy.  You could give it a try ....... In the daylight!  :64341262:

6 hours ago, kelly said:

Not seen this one but cast includes a young  Seo Kang Joon..... So if you enjoyed "Are you Human? "  Bookmarked! :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Ahh, so no one swoons for Kim Soo Hyun and his acting?? He always like to challenge himself with different roles. IMO his part in Secretly Greatly was super difficult, playing half the time as a retarded person. Though his most recent work seemed like a disappointment due to over-compliated plot, but everyone did say that his acting skills alone is the one light that saves the movie. I'm waiting for him to return from military and wow the audience again.

Speaking of Yang Yang, I noticed him since 2013, he looks very cute indeed. He took part in the series Just one smile is very alluring (O2O), which was my all time favourite love  novel. He did try his best and improved quite a lot in this series, but as a die hard fan of the story I have to say he hasn't reached it yet. Nonetheless, he was still tolerable to watch. The female lead on the other hand.... so bad that it's disturbing to see her forever gawking eyes and stoned expression. She destroyed the image of my fav female character Wei Wei (Look at my name!). Couldn't finish the series even for Yang Yang.

1 hour ago, VyVy99 said:

Ahh, so no one swoons for Kim Soo Hyun and his acting?? He always like to challenge himself with different roles. IMO his part in Secretly Greatly was super difficult, playing half the time as a retarded person. Though his most recent work seemed like a disappointment due to over-compliated plot, but everyone did say that his acting skills alone is the one light that saves the movie. I'm waiting for him to return from military and wow the audience again.

Speaking of Yang Yang, I noticed him since 2013, he looks very cute indeed. He took part in the series Just one smile is very alluring (O2O), which was my all time favourite love  novel. He did try his best and improved quite a lot in this series, but as a die hard fan of the story I have to say he hasn't reached it yet. Nonetheless, he was still tolerable to watch. The female lead on the other hand.... so bad that it's disturbing to see her forever gawking eyes and stoned expression. She destroyed the image of my fav female character Wei Wei (Look at my name!). Couldn't finish the series even for Yang Yang.

"My Love from the Star" was one of the first Kdramas I watched and I loved it.  Kim Soo Hyun was marvellous in it and I definitely have a soft spot for him.  I quite liked "Just one smile is very Alluring" especially all the game role play bits.  Must admit I did skip bits.  What does everyone think of Terius?

4 minutes ago, Louitunes said:

Ha ha ha!   Well about two seconds into Terius and he's shirtless.  What's not to like!!!  :giggle:

200.gif

I refuse to touch it until it is over, since I prefer to binge watch dramas, but no denying this one is going to test my patience big time even if I am not watching!

8 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

200.gif

I refuse to touch it until it is over, since I prefer to binge watch dramas, but no denying this one is going to test my patience big time even if I am not watching!

Ah Mr Bean ........another man in love with his toy bear!

1 hour ago, VyVy99 said:

The female lead on the other hand.... so bad that it's disturbing to see her forever gawking eyes and stoned expression. She destroyed the image of my fav female character Wei Wei (Look at my name!). Couldn't finish the series even for Yang Yang.

I've read the novel and I've watched the show, and the movie, but goodness, yes, that is true about the actress who plays Bei Wei Wei (I think it was Zheng Shuang?) in the show. I mean I have issues with some bits of this show that are not-acting related but mostly I regard it as pure fluff and enjoyment. The one problem there were the romantic scenes. I don't know if the director asked for that but good lord, I don't see how anyone who has a functional brain could. Obviously C dramas aren't even close to Western ones but it's simply false to say they are at this level (say General and I). She was truly terrible, from that hug onward.

I actually found it super uncomfortable when

Spoiler

they progressed into kissing because it looked more as if he was forcing her. Especially that moment when they were on the floor, I had to skip forward as all I was seeing was sexual assault. 

Plus take about wasting YY's fine skills.

Movie had no issues there either, with Angela Baby. In general, if we could switch Angela Baby version for the show version, it would have been perfect. 

@Yatagarasu I wish I would have your patience! haha I already saw the firs two Terius episodes ! I can't wait for more!!!! The guy is gorgeous! I rmb him from another kdrama that I liked, Oh My Venus! :img_20:

Another new kdramas that I find promising are 100 days my prince and the one with the doctors, Two lives one heart! :pbow:

21 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

@Yatagarasu I wish I would have your patience! haha I already saw the firs two Terius episodes ! I can't wait for more!!!! The guy is gorgeous! I rmb him from another kdrama that I liked, Oh My Venus! :img_20:

Another new kdramas that I find promising are 100 days my prince and the one with the doctors, Two lives one heart! :pbow:

I have iron will :biggrin:

Or to be honest, I am stretching my free time as it is right now so that's a beneficial side-effect in a weird way :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

But mmm he so is gorgeous. He so is. Mmmm. And a really good actor too, otherwise it'd be way less enjoyable!