K-drama & co

Yatagarasu

I've just seen first 5 episodes from My Love from the Star!!! Omg, I like it so much!!! Kim Soo Hyun is such an eye candy and Gianna Jun is very beautiful too! There's a lot of chemistry between them and I'm a sucker for these aliens, time traveling, fantasy dramas!!! I can't wait to watch more!!! :8788161:

Thanks for the hint, @Louitunes:tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, dheu said:

OMG, his apartment is amazing.  I would love to have it too, and I don't even like living in apartments!  I want a library like his....

Finishing "Dream High" has made me want to finish "My Love from the Star" too, so I think I'll do that today.  And then I have to get back to K2. :8788161:  So much K-drama to watch!!  I love it.

I have "My First First Love" tagged on Netflix to watch too.  I'll let you know what I think of that one when I get to it. 

I've been rewatching the K2 since you wrote about it.    :animated-smileys-bath-wc-012:    :13877886:

Currently watching "The Secret Life of My Secretary" and enjoying it more than I thought I would but struggling with "Abyss" not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. Our Chan.... What's amiss!!!!!  :59227c768286a__s:

I watched "Dream High" a long time ago.  Stand out is definitely Soo Hyun. 

12 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

I've just seen first 5 episodes from My Love from the Star!!! Omg, I like it so much!!! Kim Soo Hyun is such an eye candy and Gianna Jun is very beautiful too! There's a lot of chemistry between them and I'm a sucker for these aliens, time traveling, fantasy dramas!!! I can't wait to watch more!!! :8788161:

Thanks for the hint, @Louitunes:tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw:

My Pleasure......  :spacealien:

On 5/18/2019 at 10:12 PM, Louitunes said:

Really enjoyed and would recommend the short drama  "My First First Love" with the little sweetie that is Ji Soo.  Like Kim Jae Wook another actor who at last has a lead role.  Can't wait for season Two. :67573730:

Have you watched the original drama of My First First Love? It's "Because It' the First Time" and stars SHINee's Minho, Kim Min-Jae (from the drama Goblin), and Park So-dam. It's much shorter--8 episodes in total with no second season--and some plot lines are different, but it's just as fresh and sweet. I don't know if they're gonna be changing anything up with the Netflix version, but I cannot wait for season 2 as well.

3 hours ago, kaaaaaaat said:

Have you watched the original drama of My First First Love? It's "Because It' the First Time" and stars SHINee's Minho, Kim Min-Jae (from the drama Goblin), and Park So-dam. It's much shorter--8 episodes in total with no second season--and some plot lines are different, but it's just as fresh and sweet. I don't know if they're gonna be changing anything up with the Netflix version, but I cannot wait for season 2 as well.

I have seen this but didn't realise it was the original.  Lee Yi -Kyung still funny but not as manic as Waikiki. Nice to see that all the young cast have done so well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2019 at 3:11 PM, Louitunes said:

"One Spring Night".  Watch it.  My goodness I'm in love with this drama.  :loveshower:

I added it to my watchlist!

Once again I got sidetracked from The K2.  I don't know why I am delaying it.... if I am reluctant to get back into K2's romance (which I felt was the weakest part when I was watching the first time - Ji Chang-wook was kicking butt all over the place and Song Yoon-ah was fascinating, but I'm not sure I buy two people falling in love over a package of ramen...) or if I just need to mentally prepare myself for The Shower Scene again.... :8788161:

I watched City Hunter instead.  Generally I thought it was fun, but nowhere near as good as Healer.  My favorite parts were the interactions between the prosecutor and the City Hunter, and between City Hunter and his adoptive father.  I'm going to put the rest of my thoughts in a spoiler tag, because of Spoilers and also because it'll probably be long!

Spoiler

So the good points:

• Revenge story!  I love them!
  • I like them even better when the Baddies are closer to home than normal.  We spend the series working through a list of men who betrayed and killed some Korean soldiers (kicking off this series), but I'm confident in saying that the main Bad Guy of the series was Yoon-sung's adoptive father Jin-pyo, whose blind revenge hurt innocents and almost got both of them killed.  Yoon-sung spends the whole series trying to take down the betrayers while at the same time preventing his father from killing them.  He's fighting on two fronts, and I loved this aspect of the series.  And that's not even counting trying to avoid the prosecutor hunting him.  That would be three fronts, then.
  • Lee Min-ho did a really good job in selling his character Yoon-sung.  There were a number of moments when I didn't really "buy" the feelings in a scene, but most of the time he really carried a series that could have easily fallen into silly territory.  Bonus: he is easy on the eyes. :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:
  • I liked Kim Na-Na's spunkiness... with some reservations.
  • Shik-joong was hilarious!
  • Yoon-sung gets shot, and he's not magically healed after ten minutes?  Most series hand-wave injuries away.  I liked this realism.  He gets shot, and it actually takes a toll on him.  He's in obvious pain and looks more and more sickly as the episode goes on, as he keeps trying to perform his missions while not really taking care of his injury.  Later on, he is exposed to a toxic inhalant, and that actually affects him too, requiring treatment.  And sure, in both cases, he is pretty much all recovered by the next episode, but at least the show made an effort.
  • Lee Joon-hyuk was great as the passionate prosecutor!  I've read in reviews that people found him annoying, but I didn't.  I was waiting the entire series for him to end up on City Hunter's side, and when he did, it was a fantastic (if reluctant) bromance!
  • Speaking of which, I loved how characters flipped sides now and then.  Sang-gook, sidekick of main antagonist/adoptive father Jin-pyo, ends up helping out the City Hunter when Jin-pyo's schemes go against what he wants.  Evil Creepy Assistant (see below) gives City Hunter information when his boss turns on him.  I liked this because it was realistic.  Why would either of them still support their bosses when things go a different way than they want?  This just makes these side characters feel like real people, rather than two-dimensional plot devices or pawns.  This really helped the world feel believable.
  • I loved the veterinarian character.  She was so cool, confident and smart.
  • I don't know his name, but the consistent way that Prosecutor #2 who supports Lee Joon-hyuk's character enters a room was hilarious.  Every single time, he is banging through the door into the prosecutor's office at a run with some hot news.  I don't know if that was an intentional in-joke or just a convenient way to set up a scene, but I laughed every time.
  • One of the main baddies has an assistant who handles all the illegal business, you know, the little petty things such as stalking and murder.  This guy was hilariously over-the-top in his evilness, with the lurking and the glare and the dark guy-liner.  It's like he walked in off the set of some other show, that's how out-of-place he felt with all his sinister mannerisms, until you'd think any of the characters would just look at him as he stands beside his boss and say "his boss has got to be evil to employ a guy like that".  Normally, this would be a bad thing, but for some reason, I found myself loving his character, especially when the show highlights his evilness later on when the City Hunter has captured him and Shik-joong is reading a self-help book to him to try to rehabilitate him.  LOL!  And his method of murder was always the same: pretend to be the gas company.  So predictable that it was funny to me.  :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

The points I didn't care for so much:

• Kim Na-Na's spunkiness drove me mad sometimes.  Maybe it was just because I was binging it, but it drove me up the wall how stubborn she was in her relationship with Yoon-sung.  She would misinterpret some small thing, or take something he said the wrong way, and would not let him get a single word in edgewise.  She wouldn't listen and would just storm away like a little child, leaving him to chase after her saying her name over and over again like a broken record, which really got annoying.  This was the early part of their relationship, and I can't remember the last time I saw a couple less likely to actually start caring for each other.  It was very annoying.  I wanted to grab her and shake her sometimes, like "Shut up and give him a chance to explain, stop shouting for just one second!  Also, the silent treatment is for grade-schoolers, not adults in a professional work environment!"
  • Also annoying was the apparent lack of ability of Yoon-sung to speak during those moments.  When all it would take was a simple remark to clear up a misunderstanding, he would be silent or apparently unable to find words.  These situations of miscommunication are frustrating to me to watch, and that's why I loved that there was nothing much like it in Healer.  In Healer, both lead characters actually explain things to each other and don't just stare blankly, letting the misunderstanding continue.  Most of the romance in City Hunter seemed to be built of this miscommunication, which made them growing closer more irritating than heart-melting for me.
  • This leads into another problem I had: Na-Na's inconsistent character.  Once she finds out Yoon-sung is the City Hunter, suddenly Na-Na is completely converted to his side.  Why does she support him so readily, even though his plans go completely against her duty?  Because he saved her life?  For that matter, why does she actually fall in love with him?  Because before she knows, he seems to be only an annoyance to her and they just snipe back and forth all the time.  After she knows, she looks at him with big doe eyes and is practically swooning all the time.  I wish I could really believe her change of heart.  I wish we had more of her actually falling in love with Yoon-sung himself first, and less of the sniping and time wasted on miscommunication, because it felt to me like she only loved him out of gratitude.
  • I'm not sure I buy Yoon-sung's rapid transformation from wild drug-lord son living in a relatively primitive house in the jungle to suave lady's-man MIT graduate with a doctorate in all things hacking, but I was willing to suspend my disbelief on this point.
  • City Hunter really does love to run around at critical moments with his face uncovered, when all it would take is one person to turn around and point at him and say "Aren't you Yoon-sung?"
  • I spent most of the series questioning the initial premise: Jin-pyo steals the newborn baby of his murdered friend to raise a cold-blooded killer who will take revenge.  Because they left certain revelations towards the end of the series, I spent the whole time with the word "why" at the back of my mind, constantly bothering me.  Why wait until this baby has grown up to take revenge?  Why steal the baby from a woman whom it looked like Jin-pyo cared about?  Why steal the fatherless child of his best friend and try to corrupt him into a killing machine; is that really the way to honor your dead friend?  None of it seemed to be the best course of action to me....  Now I understand the reasoning behind it, but because they left the explanation until so late, it took away from my enjoyment of the series.  And I'd still argue that Jin-pyo probably could have easily gotten revenge right then and there, 28 years before the main storyline.  All he had to do was kill the five betrayers... so why did he wait so long?  They could have easily explained this by having him lose his leg at the beginning of the series as a result of the botched mission, not due to the land mine.
  • Uneven pacing.  The show bogged down in the middle when it was focusing on the romance between Yoon-sung and Na-Na.  They should have moved Target 4 up a few episodes and resolved that storyline before moving into the final Target 5 at the end.  That way they could have had City Hunter and the prosecutor working together for longer, because:
  • Why only one episode of the bromance?!  I felt completely cheated, and a little bit mad and very sad, because:
  • Why did the prosecutor have to die?!  Totally unnecessary.  I get he was being noble, trying to buy time, but come on!  He knows City Hunter is there, on scene, but he decides that rather than sic the extremely competent fighter on the bad guys, he's going to take them on himself?  If it were me, I would have pelted out of that room, shouting for Yoon-sung, and then gone to retrieve the book myself while Mr Badass Hero easily whooped the punks.  There were only four of them!  He could have taken them out in a second.  So frustrating!  Some reviews have said it makes narrative sense for the prosecutor to die, because that pushes Yoon-sung to do the right thing, but... he was already doing the right thing, or at least I couldn't see him doing the wrong thing at all, not by that point in the show.
  • The ending was rushed.  They needed another episode to properly close it out.  What happened to the president?  Was he impeached?  How is the vet doing, after the tragic (unnecessary) death of her ex-husband?  How is the president's daughter doing after her crush died?  Is Sang-gook happy to have his revenge completed?  Was the truth revealed in the end?  What about Prosecutor #2?  Is he still mad at City Hunter?

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text!

So... some problems, in my eyes.  Some frustrations.  Overall, despite all the nitpicking, I did enjoy it, though.  :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:  It was fun and made me laugh, though some of the scenes I found funny may not have been intentionally so....

2 hours ago, dheu said:

I added it to my watchlist!

Once again I got sidetracked from The K2.  I don't know why I am delaying it.... if I am reluctant to get back into K2's romance (which I felt was the weakest part when I was watching the first time - Ji Chang-wook was kicking butt all over the place and Song Yoon-ah was fascinating, but I'm not sure I buy two people falling in love over a package of ramen...) or if I just need to mentally prepare myself for The Shower Scene again.... :8788161:

I watched City Hunter instead.  Generally I thought it was fun, but nowhere near as good as Healer.  My favorite parts were the interactions between the prosecutor and the City Hunter, and between City Hunter and his adoptive father.  I'm going to put the rest of my thoughts in a spoiler tag, because of Spoilers and also because it'll probably be long!

Hide contents

So the good points:

Spoiler

• Revenge story!  I love them!
  • I like them even better when the Baddies are closer to home than normal.  We spend the series working through a list of men who betrayed and killed some Korean soldiers (kicking off this series), but I'm confident in saying that the main Bad Guy of the series was Yoon-sung's adoptive father Jin-pyo, whose blind revenge hurt innocents and almost got both of them killed.  Yoon-sung spends the whole series trying to take down the betrayers while at the same time preventing his father from killing them.  He's fighting on two fronts, and I loved this aspect of the series.  And that's not even counting trying to avoid the prosecutor hunting him.  That would be three fronts, then.
  • Lee Min-ho did a really good job in selling his character Yoon-sung.  There were a number of moments when I didn't really "buy" the feelings in a scene, but most of the time he really carried a series that could have easily fallen into silly territory.  Bonus: he is easy on the eyes. :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:
  • I liked Kim Na-Na's spunkiness... with some reservations.
  • Shik-joong was hilarious!
  • Yoon-sung gets shot, and he's not magically healed after ten minutes?  Most series hand-wave injuries away.  I liked this realism.  He gets shot, and it actually takes a toll on him.  He's in obvious pain and looks more and more sickly as the episode goes on, as he keeps trying to perform his missions while not really taking care of his injury.  Later on, he is exposed to a toxic inhalant, and that actually affects him too, requiring treatment.  And sure, in both cases, he is pretty much all recovered by the next episode, but at least the show made an effort.
  • Lee Joon-hyuk was great as the passionate prosecutor!  I've read in reviews that people found him annoying, but I didn't.  I was waiting the entire series for him to end up on City Hunter's side, and when he did, it was a fantastic (if reluctant) bromance!
  • Speaking of which, I loved how characters flipped sides now and then.  Sang-gook, sidekick of main antagonist/adoptive father Jin-pyo, ends up helping out the City Hunter when Jin-pyo's schemes go against what he wants.  Evil Creepy Assistant (see below) gives City Hunter information when his boss turns on him.  I liked this because it was realistic.  Why would either of them still support their bosses when things go a different way than they want?  This just makes these side characters feel like real people, rather than two-dimensional plot devices or pawns.  This really helped the world feel believable.
  • I loved the veterinarian character.  She was so cool, confident and smart.
  • I don't know his name, but the consistent way that Prosecutor #2 who supports Lee Joon-hyuk's character enters a room was hilarious.  Every single time, he is banging through the door into the prosecutor's office at a run with some hot news.  I don't know if that was an intentional in-joke or just a convenient way to set up a scene, but I laughed every time.
  • One of the main baddies has an assistant who handles all the illegal business, you know, the little petty things such as stalking and murder.  This guy was hilariously over-the-top in his evilness, with the lurking and the glare and the dark guy-liner.  It's like he walked in off the set of some other show, that's how out-of-place he felt with all his sinister mannerisms, until you'd think any of the characters would just look at him as he stands beside his boss and say "his boss has got to be evil to employ a guy like that".  Normally, this would be a bad thing, but for some reason, I found myself loving his character, especially when the show highlights his evilness later on when the City Hunter has captured him and Shik-joong is reading a self-help book to him to try to rehabilitate him.  LOL!  And his method of murder was always the same: pretend to be the gas company.  So predictable that it was funny to me.  :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

The points I didn't care for so much:

• Kim Na-Na's spunkiness drove me mad sometimes.  Maybe it was just because I was binging it, but it drove me up the wall how stubborn she was in her relationship with Yoon-sung.  She would misinterpret some small thing, or take something he said the wrong way, and would not let him get a single word in edgewise.  She wouldn't listen and would just storm away like a little child, leaving him to chase after her saying her name over and over again like a broken record, which really got annoying.  This was the early part of their relationship, and I can't remember the last time I saw a couple less likely to actually start caring for each other.  It was very annoying.  I wanted to grab her and shake her sometimes, like "Shut up and give him a chance to explain, stop shouting for just one second!  Also, the silent treatment is for grade-schoolers, not adults in a professional work environment!"
  • Also annoying was the apparent lack of ability of Yoon-sung to speak during those moments.  When all it would take was a simple remark to clear up a misunderstanding, he would be silent or apparently unable to find words.  These situations of miscommunication are frustrating to me to watch, and that's why I loved that there was nothing much like it in Healer.  In Healer, both lead characters actually explain things to each other and don't just stare blankly, letting the misunderstanding continue.  Most of the romance in City Hunter seemed to be built of this miscommunication, which made them growing closer more irritating than heart-melting for me.
  • This leads into another problem I had: Na-Na's inconsistent character.  Once she finds out Yoon-sung is the City Hunter, suddenly Na-Na is completely converted to his side.  Why does she support him so readily, even though his plans go completely against her duty?  Because he saved her life?  For that matter, why does she actually fall in love with him?  Because before she knows, he seems to be only an annoyance to her and they just snipe back and forth all the time.  After she knows, she looks at him with big doe eyes and is practically swooning all the time.  I wish I could really believe her change of heart.  I wish we had more of her actually falling in love with Yoon-sung himself first, and less of the sniping and time wasted on miscommunication, because it felt to me like she only loved him out of gratitude.
  • I'm not sure I buy Yoon-sung's rapid transformation from wild drug-lord son living in a relatively primitive house in the jungle to suave lady's-man MIT graduate with a doctorate in all things hacking, but I was willing to suspend my disbelief on this point.
  • City Hunter really does love to run around at critical moments with his face uncovered, when all it would take is one person to turn around and point at him and say "Aren't you Yoon-sung?"
  • I spent most of the series questioning the initial premise: Jin-pyo steals the newborn baby of his murdered friend to raise a cold-blooded killer who will take revenge.  Because they left certain revelations towards the end of the series, I spent the whole time with the word "why" at the back of my mind, constantly bothering me.  Why wait until this baby has grown up to take revenge?  Why steal the baby from a woman whom it looked like Jin-pyo cared about?  Why steal the fatherless child of his best friend and try to corrupt him into a killing machine; is that really the way to honor your dead friend?  None of it seemed to be the best course of action to me....  Now I understand the reasoning behind it, but because they left the explanation until so late, it took away from my enjoyment of the series.  And I'd still argue that Jin-pyo probably could have easily gotten revenge right then and there, 28 years before the main storyline.  All he had to do was kill the five betrayers... so why did he wait so long?  They could have easily explained this by having him lose his leg at the beginning of the series as a result of the botched mission, not due to the land mine.
  • Uneven pacing.  The show bogged down in the middle when it was focusing on the romance between Yoon-sung and Na-Na.  They should have moved Target 4 up a few episodes and resolved that storyline before moving into the final Target 5 at the end.  That way they could have had City Hunter and the prosecutor working together for longer, because:
  • Why only one episode of the bromance?!  I felt completely cheated, and a little bit mad and very sad, because:
  • Why did the prosecutor have to die?!  Totally unnecessary.  I get he was being noble, trying to buy time, but come on!  He knows City Hunter is there, on scene, but he decides that rather than sic the extremely competent fighter on the bad guys, he's going to take them on himself?  If it were me, I would have pelted out of that room, shouting for Yoon-sung, and then gone to retrieve the book myself while Mr Badass Hero easily whooped the punks.  There were only four of them!  He could have taken them out in a second.  So frustrating!  Some reviews have said it makes narrative sense for the prosecutor to die, because that pushes Yoon-sung to do the right thing, but... he was already doing the right thing, or at least I couldn't see him doing the wrong thing at all, not by that point in the show.
  • The ending was rushed.  They needed another episode to properly close it out.  What happened to the president?  Was he impeached?  How is the vet doing, after the tragic (unnecessary) death of her ex-husband?  How is the president's daughter doing after her crush died?  Is Sang-gook happy to have his revenge completed?  Was the truth revealed in the end?  What about Prosecutor #2?  Is he still mad at City Hunter?

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text!

So... some problems, in my eyes.  Some frustrations.  Overall, despite all the nitpicking, I did enjoy it, though.  :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:  It was fun and made me laugh, though some of the scenes I found funny may not have been intentionally so....

Some problems..... It's a novel!!!!  :reading: Overall though you enjoyed it despite them. 

I think with a lot of Kdrama's you have to suspend belief a bit.  Some massively so. :agree2:  Other's have huge plot holes or plot threads that are significant and then suddenly disappear with no resolution.  At least certain characters didn't change personality halfway through or the last two episodes felt like they were from a different series.  Although, as you say, the ending felt rushed..

In K2. 

Spoiler

Love due to Ramen was ridiculous.  Couldn't work out the attraction. Was it purely his love of anything innocent.  He had a much better fit with feisty, but older, boss lady.  The ship sailed for her but not him.  Maybe she needed a packet of ramen and a dance???

Of the two actors I think I prefer Chang Wook.  

Recommendation for a drama that combines love with tears and one of the best OST's ever.  "It's Ok That's Love".  Stellar performances from both Gong Hyo-jin and Jo In-sung plus breakthrough performance by DO (Doh Kyung-soo from Exo).  

11 hours ago, Louitunes said:

Some problems..... It's a novel!!!!  :reading: Overall though you enjoyed it despite them. 

Yeah.... I looked back after I wrote it and realized it was extremely long.... I went overboard.  Sorry!!   :headdesk:

Overall I enjoyed the series, but I think it's because I enjoyed it that I got so nitpicky.  I wanted it to be just a bit better by fixing those niggling things, because then it might have been one of my favorites.  As it is, it falls solidly into "B" category for me, while Healer is definitely "A".

I think with a lot of Kdrama's you have to suspend belief a bit.  Some massively so. :agree2:  Other's have huge plot holes or plot threads that are significant and then suddenly disappear with no resolution.  At least certain characters didn't change personality halfway through or the last two episodes felt like they were from a different series.  Although, as you say, the ending felt rushed..

Yes, I've seen that from some of the series I've watched.  Most of the time I'm alright suspending disbelief, because in the end these are just TV shows and nothing is going to be truly believable.  The ending for City Hunter was rushed, but I guess at least we got a satisfying ending of some type and not some train wreck.

In K2. 

Reveal hidden contents

Love due to Ramen was ridiculous.  Couldn't work out the attraction. Was it purely his love of anything innocent.  He had a much better fit with feisty, but older, boss lady.  The ship sailed for her but not him.  Maybe she needed a packet of ramen and a dance???

Of the two actors I think I prefer Chang Wook.  

Thank you!  I thought I was the only one would didn't buy into their relationship.  Maybe he's one of those people who falls for people he actually just wants to help, like Raniya.  He mistakes worry for love?  I don't know.  Oh well!

And yes, I prefer Chang Wook too.  His acting feels more "real" to me.  

Thanks for reading my novel!  :tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5:

24 minutes ago, dheu said:

Yeah.... I looked back after I wrote it and realized it was extremely long.... I went overboard.  Sorry!!   :headdesk:

Overall I enjoyed the series, but I think it's because I enjoyed it that I got so nitpicky.  I wanted it to be just a bit better by fixing those niggling things, because then it might have been one of my favorites.  As it is, it falls solidly into "B" category for me, while Healer is definitely "A".

Yes, I've seen that from some of the series I've watched.  Most of the time I'm alright suspending disbelief, because in the end these are just TV shows and nothing is going to be truly believable.  The ending for City Hunter was rushed, but I guess at least we got a satisfying ending of some type and not some train wreck.

Thank you!  I thought I was the only one would didn't buy into their relationship.  Maybe he's one of those people who falls for people he actually just wants to help, like Raniya.  He mistakes worry for love?  I don't know.  Oh well!

And yes, I prefer Chang Wook too.  His acting feels more "real" to me.  

Thanks for reading my novel!  :tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5:

Don't be sorry, I was only joking with you.  I've been know to write for England too!  If it's something you are passionate about.... Why not. :tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg:

On 3/28/2019 at 7:29 AM, dheu said:

Have any of you guys seen "Healer"?  Wow, Ji Chang-wook was kind of a revelation in this.  Other than a few rare moments, I think his acting was perfect.  And... he is extremely good looking....:8788161:

I tend to be a sucker for these types of action/spy series, so this was right up my alley.  Park Min-young's character was cute and peppy at all the right times while still being a believable human being, and I absolutely loved her relationship with her adoptive father.  Yoo Ji-tae was great as the mysterious, slightly suspect benevolent figure, and I liked the relationship between his and Ji Chang-wook's characters.  The storyline was twisty enough to keep me interested and there was enough emotional weight in what was going on to keep me invested in all the characters.  I actually ended up buying this series so I can watch it again. :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

Wow, this thread got my attention  :tumblr_inline_n0o1fjLfy91qid2nw:  I need to share, I need to share too! :68468287:

I absolutely ADORE Healer. One of my first K-Drama to watch, but I am still coming back to rewatch it once in a few months. It has a spark, I would say. The story is somehow heartwarming, not too complicated, no necessary love drama, no huge plot twists, very well written... and the OST is just killing me. It is so good and leads you through the story like honey river.

Ji Chang-Wook is great in this (I've seen K2, but honestly, he is still good, but the story wasn't so fun for me and the female lead ... some very bad writing there...).

My all-time favourite actor is definitely Yoo Seung-ho. He is cute and his acting is :tumblr_inline_n0o1ffBcXo1qid2nw: (is it bad to call it divine?). HE CAN CRY WITH HIS SOUL WHILE ACTING! He has so many emotions. Maybe he has some not very well written stories, but the acting is really great. I loved The Ruler, and Seondal: The Man Who Sells the River was a lot of fun. I've seen him first in Arang and the Magistrate in his small Godly role, but I have to say, the character spoke to me. Did I mention, he is cute? He IS cute, isn't he? :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

Do we have a thread for Chinese drama as well? I started with those quite recently, but I've found some very nice ones. Has anyone seen The Eternal Night? I was so surprised by the quality of cinematography in this one. The visuals are beautiful and the music is giving it an unusual charm...

Okay, I am going to stop now. :68468287:

13 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

Wow, this thread got my attention  :tumblr_inline_n0o1fjLfy91qid2nw:  I need to share, I need to share too! :68468287:

I absolutely ADORE Healer. One of my first K-Drama to watch, but I am still coming back to rewatch it once in a few months. It has a spark, I would say. The story is somehow heartwarming, not too complicated, no necessary love drama, no huge plot twists, very well written... and the OST is just killing me. It is so good and leads you through the story like honey river.

Ji Chang-Wook is great in this (I've seen K2, but honestly, he is still good, but the story wasn't so fun for me and the female lead ... some very bad writing there...).

My all-time favourite actor is definitely Yoo Seung-ho. He is cute and his acting is :tumblr_inline_n0o1ffBcXo1qid2nw: (is it bad to call it divine?). HE CAN CRY WITH HIS SOUL WHILE ACTING! He has so many emotions. Maybe he has some not very well written stories, but the acting is really great. I loved The Ruler, and Seondal: The Man Who Sells the River was a lot of fun. I've seen him first in Arang and the Magistrate in his small Godly role, but I have to say, the character spoke to me. Did I mention, he is cute? He IS cute, isn't he? :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

Do we have a thread for Chinese drama as well? I started with those quite recently, but I've found some very nice ones. Has anyone seen The Eternal Night? I was so surprised by the quality of cinematography in this one. The visuals are beautiful and the music is giving it an unusual charm...

Okay, I am going to stop now. :68468287:

I too spotted Yoo Seung-ho in 'Arang and the Magistrate'.  He was an absolutely beautiful God with that long hair.   

My favourite k-drama at the moment, for some reason, is 'Perfume'.  Shin Sung-rok just cracks me up with his facial expressions.  It's getting funnier episode by episode.