K-drama & co

Yatagarasu

On 2/19/2019 at 6:35 PM, ralucutzagy said:

The Crowned Clown, Item and Tower of Babel are very interesting, too! Give it a try if you have the time!

Yes Crown Prince is great.  Not too sure about Tower of Babel bit put off by the male leads past history.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2019 at 10:14 AM, Louitunes said:

"Romance is a Bonus Book" a cosy warm inside feeling of an ending in a sea of 2019 rubbish KDrama endings. :68556365:

Thanks for posting this.  I've become a bit reluctant to start up a new drama lately, for fear it will fail at the end.  It don't know why it seems so rare for a drama to have a good ending.... (Also, I'm tired of love triangles and silly miscommunication incidents that could be easily cleared up if both people in the couple just talked to each other for a minute.  Hmmm.... maybe I haven't been watching the right dramas lately!)  Anyway, I'll have to try "Romance is a Bonus Book"!

Have any of you guys seen "Healer"?  Wow, Ji Chang-wook was kind of a revelation in this.  Other than a few rare moments, I think his acting was perfect.  And... he is extremely good looking....:8788161:

I tend to be a sucker for these types of action/spy series, so this was right up my alley.  Park Min-young's character was cute and peppy at all the right times while still being a believable human being, and I absolutely loved her relationship with her adoptive father.  Yoo Ji-tae was great as the mysterious, slightly suspect benevolent figure, and I liked the relationship between his and Ji Chang-wook's characters.  The storyline was twisty enough to keep me interested and there was enough emotional weight in what was going on to keep me invested in all the characters.  I actually ended up buying this series so I can watch it again. :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

4 hours ago, dheu said:

Thanks for posting this.  I've become a bit reluctant to start up a new drama lately, for fear it will fail at the end.  It don't know why it seems so rare for a drama to have a good ending.... (Also, I'm tired of love triangles and silly miscommunication incidents that could be easily cleared up if both people in the couple just talked to each other for a minute.  Hmmm.... maybe I haven't been watching the right dramas lately!)  Anyway, I'll have to try "Romance is a Bonus Book"!

Have any of you guys seen "Healer"?  Wow, Ji Chang-wook was kind of a revelation in this.  Other than a few rare moments, I think his acting was perfect.  And... he is extremely good looking....:8788161:

I tend to be a sucker for these types of action/spy series, so this was right up my alley.  Park Min-young's character was cute and peppy at all the right times while still being a believable human being, and I absolutely loved her relationship with her adoptive father.  Yoo Ji-tae was great as the mysterious, slightly suspect benevolent figure, and I liked the relationship between his and Ji Chang-wook's characters.  The storyline was twisty enough to keep me interested and there was enough emotional weight in what was going on to keep me invested in all the characters.  I actually ended up buying this series so I can watch it again. :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

Yes a lot of Kdrama's currently have had bad endings.  "Romance is a bonus book" is a love triangle... But that's resolved quite quickly and the ending was good. :67638860:

Healer is great isn't it.  I love just about anything with Ji Chang-Wook (although the shower scene just about killed me.:10742290:)  If you like spy-type dramas there is a film with Gong Yoo called " The Suspect" such is fast paced and action filled.  Also I just started " Kill It" which is good.  It stars Jang Ki Yong who was in "Come and hug me".  

23 minutes ago, Louitunes said:

Yes a lot of Kdrama's currently have had bad endings.  "Romance is a bonus book" is a love triangle... But that's resolved quite quickly and the ending was good. :67638860:

Healer is great isn't it.  I love just about anything with Ji Chang-Wook (although the shower scene just about killed me.:10742290:)  If you like spy-type dramas there is a film with Gong Yoo called " The Suspect" such is fast paced and action filled.  Also I just started " Kill It" which is good.  It stars Jang Ki Yong who was in "Come and hug me".  

If you loved Healer, you must check K2, too! Same male lead (hot as hell and fighting like a god - he's in my top 5 ... no, make it top 3 list with the hottest kdrama actors hehe), a decent story and a happy ending. 

I've just start watching Big Issue and Doctor Prisoner, both kinda interesting and I'm following Fiery Priest, too (Kim Nam Gil :201111231756430f6:). 

13 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

If you loved Healer, you must check K2, too! Same male lead (hot as hell and fighting like a god - he's in my top 5 ... no, make it top 3 list with the hottest kdrama actors hehe), a decent story and a happy ending. 

I've just start watching Big Issue and Doctor Prisoner, both kinda interesting and I'm following Fiery Priest, too (Kim Nam Gil :201111231756430f6:). 

I've seen K2.  Really enjoyed that too.  I'm getting mixed up.... Shower scene is in The K2.  Phewwww....Very hot indeed!!!!!  Not seen Fiery Priest, Doctor Prisoner or Big Issue.  You'll have to let us know what you think. I'm just starting Waikiki 2.  Season 1 was an absolute scream.  Didn't know whether to laugh, cringe or cry!!!! 2 episodes in and it's just as mad.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/28/2019 at 5:01 AM, ralucutzagy said:

That sounds right up my alley.  I can't wait to see more with him.  He really is unbelievably hot, especially when he is fighting.... :8788161:

On 3/28/2019 at 5:21 AM, Louitunes said:

I've seen K2.  Really enjoyed that too.  I'm getting mixed up.... Shower scene is in The K2.  

And if there is a shower scene, I'm definitely in.... :10742290:

Thanks for the "Romance is a Bonus Book" recommendation!  It was so cute and fluffy.  It made me feel all warm and squishy inside (and I wanted to hug all my books after the end of it; it should have been called "Ode to Books", lol).  But seriously, I loved the maturity of the main relationship and how believable it was.  I loved that both Cha Eun-ho and Kang Dan-i were older, not 20-year-old-might-as-well-still-be-in-high-school-based-on-how-they-behave young adults.  They both have real life knowledge, they have both experienced hardships, they know how to communicate and understand each other without the need for silly drama.  I liked all the characters, and I liked the storyline.  I really felt that first episode where Dan-i is trying so hard to get any job, but no one will hire her even though she has so much experience. 

I think the only thing I would have wished for are more scenes about the relationship between Eun-ho and the author, even just sporadic flashbacks somehow integrated throughout the early part of the series.  I feel like we didn't see enough of the author to really feel the tragedy of his illness and its impact on Eun-ho, although Lee Jong-suk really sold the moments that he was given.

But otherwise, I truly enjoyed it.  It was nice to come home at the end of a stressful day and unwind with a few episodes of this nice, warm, fuzzy series.

2 hours ago, dheu said:

That sounds right up my alley.  I can't wait to see more with him.  He really is unbelievably hot, especially when he is fighting.... :8788161:

And if there is a shower scene, I'm definitely in.... :10742290:

Thanks for the "Romance is a Bonus Book" recommendation!  It was so cute and fluffy.  It made me feel all warm and squishy inside (and I wanted to hug all my books after the end of it; it should have been called "Ode to Books", lol).  But seriously, I loved the maturity of the main relationship and how believable it was.  I loved that both Cha Eun-ho and Kang Dan-i were older, not 20-year-old-might-as-well-still-be-in-high-school-based-on-how-they-behave young adults.  They both have real life knowledge, they have both experienced hardships, they know how to communicate and understand each other without the need for silly drama.  I liked all the characters, and I liked the storyline.  I really felt that first episode where Dan-i is trying so hard to get any job, but no one will hire her even though she has so much experience. 

I think the only thing I would have wished for are more scenes about the relationship between Eun-ho and the author, even just sporadic flashbacks somehow integrated throughout the early part of the series.  I feel like we didn't see enough of the author to really feel the tragedy of his illness and its impact on Eun-ho, although Lee Jong-suk really sold the moments that he was given.

But otherwise, I truly enjoyed it.  It was nice to come home at the end of a stressful day and unwind with a few episodes of this nice, warm, fuzzy series.

Glad you liked "Romance is a Bonus Book".  It was a gentle watch.

Shower scene in K2 is THE shower scene.  

Currently I'm into "He is Psychometric".  The premise is a bit daft but the actor portrays it so well you don't notice.  They just had a real twist in the plot that was totally unexpected.  Only a few episodes left now.  It's well worth watching.

3 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

I just started "Her Private Life"! Park Min Young as female lead (I totally love her) :tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg:, gallery curator by day, fangirl / kpop star forum admin by night! lol :68468287:

Funny and cute! Male lead is Kim Jae Wook, quite handsome and they have good chemistry! Looks promising! :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

I've been following this too.  Kim Jae Wook fangirl since "Coffee Prince" and "Antique Bakery" ❤️ I like him with longer hair!!  Enjoying it. 

21 hours ago, Louitunes said:

Shower scene in K2 is THE shower scene.  

Okay, I saw it...  To be honest, I may have seen it a few times. :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:  :8788161: :10742290:

He is... just... too hot!

21 hours ago, Louitunes said:

Currently I'm into "He is Psychometric".  The premise is a bit daft but the actor portrays it so well you don't notice.  They just had a real twist in the plot that was totally unexpected.  Only a few episodes left now.  It's well worth watching.

19 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

I just started "Her Private Life"! Park Min Young as female lead (I totally love her) :tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg:, gallery curator by day, fangirl / kpop star forum admin by night! lol :68468287:

Funny and cute! Male lead is Kim Jae Wook, quite handsome and they have good chemistry! Looks promising! :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

How funny that you guys mention "He is Psychometric" and "Her Private Life"!  I just noticed these two today and added them to my list of series to watch (after K2, of course, because OMG Ji Chang-wook!!).  Clearly we have similar tastes in K-drama! :grouphug:

15 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Healer star Ji Chang Wook just discharged from military! 

:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: :smiley-happy085::tumblr_inline_n0o1ffBcXo1qid2nw:  Okay, somehow that doesn't express my excitement enough, but that is really enough emoticons for one post....  

I can't wait to see what he will be starring in next.  And he looks... very nice in that uniform.

What is it with KDrama endings this year.  Much as I loved "Kill It" and "He Is Psychometric" .... The endings!!!!

Am cheering myself up by marathoning and rewatching, yet again, the delightfully gorgeous Park Seo-Joon in "Witch's Romance".  Gotta love a noona romance and this is one of the best. 

My mental balance has been restored!

On 4/28/2019 at 4:20 AM, dheu said:

Okay, I saw it...  To be honest, I may have seen it a few times. :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:  :8788161: :10742290:

He is... just... too hot!

How funny that you guys mention "He is Psychometric" and "Her Private Life"!  I just noticed these two today and added them to my list of series to watch (after K2, of course, because OMG Ji Chang-wook!!).  Clearly we have similar tastes in K-drama! :grouphug:

:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: :smiley-happy085::tumblr_inline_n0o1ffBcXo1qid2nw:  Okay, somehow that doesn't express my excitement enough, but that is really enough emoticons for one post....  

I can't wait to see what he will be starring in next.  And he looks... very nice in that uniform.

Think he's going to be chryogenically frozen in his next drama (Hopefully giving lots opportunity to display the abs he developed in the military!!!...) Or should I say defrosted!!  :ohmygod: