K-drama & co

Yatagarasu

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

Has anybody else started watching The Guest because I'm sleeping with the lights on from now until the end of time.

Not yet.  Gonna binge watch at the end when hopefully some of the cast have not been slaughtered!!!!  Loved KimJae Wook since Antique.  Is it really that scary?

13 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Has anybody else started watching The Guest because I'm sleeping with the lights on from now until the end of time.

Definitely not watching. Everyone I know who watched it said it’s scary. 

1 hour ago, Louitunes said:

Not yet.  Gonna binge watch at the end when hopefully some of the cast have not been slaughtered!!!!  Loved KimJae Wook since Antique.  Is it really that scary?

Lemme put it this way. I'm usually a terrible binge-watcher. I binge all the episodes that are out and then grumble about my terrible decisions when I'm sleepy and tired, and trying to catch up on the work I put off while watching up to fifteen episodes of a show in a day.

I watched the first episode of The Guest back then and I'm still prepping myself to watch the second one. I've also declared that my husband is not allowed to go anywhere after dark and leave me alone in the house. 

6 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

Lemme put it this way. I'm usually a terrible binge-watcher. I binge all the episodes that are out and then grumble about my terrible decisions when I'm sleepy and tired, and trying to catch up on the work I put off while watching up to fifteen episodes of a show in a day.

I watched the first episode of The Guest back then and I'm still prepping myself to watch the second one. I've also declared that my husband is not allowed to go anywhere after dark and leave me alone in the house. 

I'd better watch it in the daylight then.  With a pillow to hide behind when necessary!!! Harks back to my childhood n Dr Who!  But I have a feeling a lot more terrifying!  :crazyshit:

1 hour ago, Louitunes said:

I'd better watch it in the daylight then.  With a pillow to hide behind when necessary!!! Harks back to my childhood n Dr Who!  But I have a feeling a lot more terrifying!  :crazyshit:

Just watched ep 1. I have to say it's not too bad, or it might just be because I watch a lot of these stuff :10814716:

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2018 at 5:00 AM, kelly said:

Just started Black and it's good for now :agree:

Watched a few episodes then other dramas took over.  It's on my "to finish" list.  Just finished 100 days my Prince.  Really enjoyed it.  Not as good as Moonlight but who could beat Bo Gum! 🌺 Boy.... 

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished Stranger on Netflix (비밀의 숲 or "Secret Forest" is the literal name per Wiki).  I found it extremely good, with a tight pace and a lot of characters that I ended up growing to like.  The relationship between Si-mok Hwang and Yeo-Jin Han was perfect: two highly intelligent people who respect and trust each other and end up having a delightful camaraderie throughout the series.  I would happily watch them sit and banter over dinner for a full episode, I think.  I loved Yeo-Jin in particular.  She was awesome!

I liked how most of the characters ended up being sympathetic in some sense.  Yeo-Jin says at one point that there are no black and white people, but shades of grey, and this series really plays to that quote.  Even the main villain was a character whose point of view I could understand (and even kind of respect to a point) while still fully agreeing with Si-mok's declaration that the villain is a "monster".

Overall, I really enjoyed it and would recommend it!