K-drama & co

Yatagarasu

21 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Isn't there anybody swooning over Lee Seung-gi here because he got back from military service with a little something extra that he didn't have before that! 

UM, YES. I feel like he had a sweeter vibe before, whereas now there's some...fire? I don't know how to explain it. All I can say is that Hwayugi was my jam at the beginning of this year because of him :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

2 hours ago, kelly said:

Anyone watching Produce48 and wants to complain with me? :winky:

Ugh where to begin :13877886:

I love the Japanese trainees and all, but some of the voting in the group evaluation was downright unfair. Based on past seasons, votes don't always correspond with talent but there was some massive bias this time still cut about the Boombayah situation. 

Also the editing sucks. I'm trying not to get too attached to any specific participant because that just leads to disappointment in a show like this. 

2 hours ago, dotsquare said:

Ugh where to begin :13877886:

I love the Japanese trainees and all, but some of the voting in the group evaluation was downright unfair. Based on past seasons, votes don't always correspond with talent but there was some massive bias this time still cut about the Boombayah situation. 

Also the editing sucks. I'm trying not to get too attached to any specific participant because that just leads to disappointment in a show like this. 

Well Mnet is known for its evil editing :idk:  I did find it funny that Boombayah team 2 won lol... at least Very Very Very team 1 won hehe

4 hours ago, kelly said:

Well Mnet is known for its evil editing :idk:  I did find it funny that Boombayah team 2 won lol... at least Very Very Very team 1 won hehe

This is terrible but when I need a laugh I go back and watch Erii's rap part in Boombayah 

I think the second evaluation is going to be different now that the Korean trainees have developed more of a following. Apparently the first recording was full of AKB fans

I don't think the editing was that 'evil' in S1 from memory. Season 2 was brutal :/

27 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

This is terrible but when I need a laugh I go back and watch Erii's rap part in Boombayah 

I think the second evaluation is going to be different now that the Korean trainees have developed more of a following. Apparently the first recording was full of AKB fans

I don't think the editing was that 'evil' in S1 from memory. Season 2 was brutal :/

Pretty sure they massacred Heo Chanmi :disdain:  I don't know who to root for :13877886:kinda rooting for Noe lol shes a cutie and a whole mood

4 hours ago, kelly said:

Pretty sure they massacred Heo Chanmi :disdain:  I don't know who to root for :13877886:kinda rooting for Noe lol shes a cutie and a whole mood

Oh yeah, poor Chanmi :( I think the number 1 seat during auditions must be cursed (Chanmi, Jang Moon Bok, and now Seoyoung who we've barely seen). Just remembered the Yeonjung drama from S1 too :/ I love Noe! Hitomi, Miyu and Nako are great too mixed feelings about Sakura but she's going to make the final lineup anyway so whatever lol

8 hours ago, dotsquare said:

Oh yeah, poor Chanmi :( I think the number 1 seat during auditions must be cursed (Chanmi, Jang Moon Bok, and now Seoyoung who we've barely seen). Just remembered the Yeonjung drama from S1 too :/ I love Noe! Hitomi, Miyu and Nako are great too mixed feelings about Sakura but she's going to make the final lineup anyway so whatever lol

I don't think Sakura is that bad, but she's definitely overrated and overhyped by mnet... but Hitomi, Miyu and Nako are all good too

On 7/10/2018 at 7:13 AM, ralucutzagy said:

I just saw the first two episodes of Mr. Sunshine! :tumblr_inline_mm2wnxgTbV1qz4rgp: I like it! Let's see how it goes on!

It's true,  he looks kinda old for her but it doesn't bother me! 

Just started watching it too b/c I get sucked into historical dramas every 3 seconds lol. I  find the use of english, korean and japanese throughout the drama pretty cool. Kinda feels immersive.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2018 at 2:07 PM, moonkat said:

Are you human too?

It's on my watch list because I'm a massive fan of Seo Kang Jun in dramas (his melo eyes :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:) but I've been holding off because it looks kinda heavy. I'll probably marathon it after my finals are done :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

On 7/11/2018 at 2:40 PM, kelly said:

I don't think Sakura is that bad, but she's definitely overrated and overhyped by mnet... but Hitomi, Miyu and Nako are all good too

Don’t get me started on Sakura. My tl loves her and I see her everywhere. I think because she is really pretty. Looks like an anime character. She isn’t bad but she isn’t great either. :59227c768286a__s: 

On 7/29/2018 at 9:28 AM, Sammie said:

Don’t get me started on Sakura. My tl loves her and I see her everywhere. I think because she is really pretty. Looks like an anime character. She isn’t bad but she isn’t great either. :59227c768286a__s: 

Agreed. I like that she's a hard worker and pushes herself but so does everyone else on the show. She'll definitely make the lineup but I can see why other Japanese trainees like Nako, Miu and Sae are catching up and potentially overtaking her. Sae and Miu remind me a lot of Twice's Japan line- I think they suit Korean audiences a lot more and that's why they've been getting so much attention recently. 

Super excited for the concept evaluation reveals next week- just hope the trainees do the songs justice especially Rumour.... Pleeease let Rumour be amazing