Junior Skaters of 2018/19 season

Trusova's PCS at the senior nationals was 65, and today she got almost 72. With a 67-68 PCS she'd have got the silver and Alena the gold. I just hope there'll be fair scoring at Junior Worlds...

5 minutes ago, airi said:

Eteri's girls have a big point difference, and all of them won a big event this year - there's no way they don't send them all because of "they can't all be from the same club" nonsense, right?

Only the Top 3 from J. Nats were selected for J Worlds in the past four years - the last time it didn't happen was because Radionova skipped J. Nats because of injury but then she was selected to J Worlds.

So probably they'll send the Top 3, and if it happens it'll be the first time that all three girls at J Worlds are from Eteri's team.

Well, the 3A deliver again... as did sooo many of the other girls. Great competition.

To me Kostornaia had the performance of the night. Trusova skated brilliantly and Scherbakova had just the one error on her 4lz...

Overall, comparing the 3 of them at this stage, I think Kostornaia has the complete package with both strong technique and strong PCS, followed by Scherbakova and then Trusova. However, factor in those quads and everything is flipped. I get the impression that Kostornaia really impresses people with her *skating* (I still remember how Kurt Browning started singing her praises within 10 seconds of seeing her skate last year), while the jumps of the other 2 really amaze people too.

How exciting the next few years are going to be.... I am so looking forward to the development and senior debut of each and every one of these girls. 

Never mind the girls - Samsonov !  If he can make it through those problematic teenage years he could be what Kolyada is aiming for but not quite hitting.  I still hope that Mikhail gets there but if he doesn’t for whatever reason there is a potential Russian style successor waiting in the juniors.

congrats to the medallists in all disciplines! :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

Spoiler

my fave pairs are first and second yay! Does anyone know why Akhanteva/Kolesov WD tho?

and happy for Shevchenko/Eremenko:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: (tho lol at the scores being 14 points higher than gpf)

When I learned Sasha Trusova had faltered in her SP, the thing that scared me the most was her kuyashii burning too bright tbh (I feared she would YOLO more quads:tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:). Glad she kept her cool and... well, I just admire this tiny, tough girl :tumblr_inline_nhkezmYSxk1qid2nw: Congrats to Alyona and Anna too, too bad the 4Lz didn't work this time.

sad for the other ladies tho. I'm happy that Nastya finally skated a great SP (and whoa PCS>30, finally:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:) but sad that competition ended like this. Also, poor Alena Kanysheva, she skated so well internationally, jr nats were really a bad moment to have a less than perfect skate (so many carrots:tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg:)

I remember Daniil Samsonov from that time he skated in COR2017 gala. I loved his self-assurance. I hope he can develop nicely in the next years, and I'm excited about him being in JGP to contend with Stephen G. Also, it looks like Andrei my russian boy:tumblr_m230o5o5Gg1qfamg6: Kutvoy did quite well too, so I am double excited about the next few years for russian men :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:  tho I see he got unclear flip...I confess I hadn't paid attention to his Flip, but I remember he has that weird loop entry into the lutz that often means the skater has trouble keeping the outside edge...please don't tell me he has problematic Lz AND problematic F:tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid: oh well after all jumps are not the reason why I like him:tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:

On the other hand...Kirill:tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380:

Do you know where I can rewatch the whole competition of singles? I'd like to watch all of them...

ETA: nevermind I found a channel where whole comp was uploaded. I'm downloading now