Junior Skaters of 2018/19 season

• 4 weeks later...

I am primarily a Yuzu fan but I do watch the other skaters at TCC and tonight we see that Brian has a potential legend to follow Yuzu and that is Stephen Gogolev who took the Junior Grand Prix Final gold with a healthy margin.  At age 13 he has got to be the youngest Junior GPF champion ever.  Congratulations to Stephen and to the coaching staff of TCC.  They've got another winner.  Now I hope that Junhwan can move himself from that fourth position he has (a very close-to-third fourth) and make the medal podium for the Senior men.  It would be nice if the TCC contingent can return to Toronto and to a grand and well-deserved celebration.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Russian Juniors Nationals are coming up this weekend.

Ladies entry list:

Spoiler

Alexandra Trusova
Alena Kostornaia
Anna Shcherbakova
Anastasia Tarakanova
Ksenia Sinitsyna
Alena Kanysheva
Anna Tarusina
Viktoria Vasilieva
Kamila Valieva WD
Daria Usacheva
Anastasia Shabotova
Victoria Safonova
Anna Frolova
Anastasia Kostyuk
Maria Smirnova
Maria Pavlova
Nikol Vaytkus
Eva Kobzar

Streaming links:

16 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Russian Juniors Nationals are coming up this weekend.

Ladies entry list:

Reveal hidden contents

Alexandra Trusova
Alena Kostornaia
Anna Shcherbakova
Anastasia Tarakanova
Ksenia Sinitsyna
Alena Kanysheva
Anna Tarusina
Viktoria Vasilieva
Kamila Valieva WD
Daria Usacheva
Anastasia Shabotova
Victoria Safonova
Anna Frolova
Anastasia Kostyuk
Maria Smirnova
Maria Pavlova
Nikol Vaytkus
Eva Kobzar

Streaming links:

:tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

ok, it's unlikely there will be big surprises in the ladies team for JWC, given the scores and titles Alyona, Sasha and Anna put together...and this means 99% chances no Nastya T :smiley-sad021: but there still is that 1% chances, hope dies last :hachimaki:   and maybe Alena Kanysheva can still podium if one of Eteri's ladies falters (though they should probably falter a lot, maybe even more than in JGPF, and that would mean bombing a program nonononono:59227c768286a__s:)

But good luck and utmost respect for all those amazing young ladies who have to enter that bloodbath:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

(and they have already survived the bloodbath to qualify:bow:)

I think that Andrei Kutovoy might have qualified for jr men...? well, if he'll compete I'll be very happy for him

rooting for Petr and my boy Kirill, I don't expect huge scores for him given his much lower tech but...you never known with the guys:tumblr_inline_n2pje39gH11qdlkyg:

Historically it's not that unprobable that one of Eteri girls doesn't make the team, because Federation doesn't want to have all competitors from the same camp, or even the same city. But if they all go clean it will be hard not to, because who do you left out, current World Junior Champions, JGPF winner or senior National Champion? If they make mistakes there's a possibility, but seriously I think Sasha is completely safe either way. Also, if they are clean Sasha and Anna win with Kosto because of TES, so I'm really gonna hope she is not the one left out because that would be really just NOT OKAY.

And of course my heart is already breaking for 5+ ladies that deserve to be on the Worlds team as well, and would be in any other country but Russia...

Erokhov is cometing here... I kinda don't like him and don't want to take a spot from other boys ;; (sorry). I hope Petr, Artur and Kirill make it, but it's not very probable especially for Kirill...

Petr is 2nd and Artur 3rd after SP :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: I hope they make it.

Samsonov is a beast, I know this is a tiny boy and we don't know what will happen, but yeah he probably will be one of main contenders in coming years, in junior circuit.

Now the ladies bloodbath... I'm not sure I can watch all SP live but that will be THE competition...

1 minute ago, airi said:

Petr is 2nd and Artur 3rd after SP :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: I hope they make it.

Samsonov is a beast, I know this is a tiny boy and we don't know what will happen, but yeah he probably will be one of main contenders in coming years, in junior circuit.

Now the ladies bloodbath... I'm not sure I can watch all SP live but that will be THE competition...

I loved Artur's SP, even with the step-out from the 3F, it was a great performance. His 3A was big, beautiful and effortless. :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

I liked Petr's disco csardas too, he skated well. Samsonov is great, his skating is very Tutberidze team-style. A liked his musicality. He's still very young and I am curious how he'll compete in the next coming years.

18 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I loved Artur's SP, even with the step-out from the 3F, it was a great performance. His 3A was big, beautiful and effortless. :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

I liked Petr's disco csardas too, he skated well. Samsonov is great, his skating is very Tutberidze team-style. A liked his musicality. He's still very young and I am curious how he'll compete in the next coming years.

Woah, just watch Samsonov's SP. How old is he? So promising! A true Team Eteri boy, indeed, music, busy choreo, jumping technique, and everything else, but I love his spins and flow on the ice! He's very talented! :7562096:

4 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Woah, just watch Samsonov's SP. How old is he? So promising! A true Team Eteri boy, indeed, music, busy choreo, jumping technique, and everything else, but I love his spins and flow on the ice! He's very talented! :7562096:

He's 13, he was born in July 2005. He's really a promising talent, but he's still very young. 

2 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

He's 13, July birthday so he missed this season's cut by about two weeks, a shame, could be a bigger revelation than Gogolev... And yes, he's really very, very talented, I hope he stays healthy, because he's a jewel.

29 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

He's 13, he was born in July 2005. He's really a promising talent, but he's still very young. 

29 minutes ago, airi said:

He's 13, July birthday so he missed this season's cut by about two weeks, a shame, could be a bigger revelation than Gogolev... And yes, he's really very, very talented, I hope he stays healthy, because he's a jewel.

Thanks for answering!

I'm sure we'll see him in JGPS next season! Can't wait! So many talented young russian skaters! It will be very exciting to watch! :8232307: