Junior Skaters of 2018/19 season

8 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

@Yatagarasu , do you happen to know something about Artur Danelian? Is he injured, turned senior? I don't remember seeing him at all this season!

Thanks!

He's in Ljubljana and Yerevan, we'll see him soon! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

He was injured, nothing major but he is also growing (has grown quite a bit) so they decided to be extra careful. They've pushed the JGPs as far back as possible, and also why he wasn't at test skates.

He probably has a quad by now actually.

____

And speaking of quads, JSF are ultimate ............. because all the feds are working on pushing out their skaters into the JGP while they're as young as possible.

What does JSF do? They go lol no at Shun Sato - TWICE already, and he already has a 3A and is working on a quad which is beyond all these others.

Oh right. But he's from Sendai. Sigh. 

7 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

He's in Ljubljana and Yerevan, we'll see him soon! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

He was injured, nothing major but he is also growing (has grown quite a bit) so they decided to be extra careful. So they've pushed the JGPs as far back as possible, and also why he wasn't at test skates.

He probably has a quad by now actually.

____

And speaking of quads, JSF are ultimate ............. because all the feds are working on pushing out their skaters into the JGP while they're as young as possible.

What does JSF do? They go lol no at Shun Sato - TWICE already, and he already has a 3A and is working on a quad which is beyond all these others.

Oh, I'm happy to hear that he's okay now! He's one of my favs russian juniors! Can't wait to see him again! :tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw:

----

Abt Shun ,,, this is so unfair ... wth is their problem with Sendai? Both their Oly champs are from Sendai ... crazy ppl

On 9/23/2018 at 8:46 PM, Yatagarasu said:

That's what Kansai-Chukyo axis mafia over at JSF does to skaters outside the axis I guess :shrug: 

Speaking of Shun, there's the Kanto Regionals this weekend.

After the SP, Shun is currently 2nd with 72 points, Yuma Kagiyama is 1st with 77 points.

Shun plans a 4S in his free skate and 2 triple Axels.

I'm very disappointed that such talented skaters like Shun won't get a chance to compete at a JGP event. Is there a little chance that he could get a spot in Armenia? :13877886:He's very promising and he's 14, it'd be the perfect time to send him to his first JGP events where he can gain experience and it's also important that judges get to know him.

There were competitiors who are overall weaker and less consistent and they were sent to JGP events this season...

On 9/23/2018 at 8:46 AM, Yatagarasu said:

I heard that Shun Sato moved to Saitama from Sendai due to his father's job transfer.  That's why he competes at Kanto Regionals representing Saitama Sakae Middle School.  Probably it doesn't make any difference whether Shun belongs to Tohoku  or Kanto federation as long as he is outside Naogya or Kansai.

Tally so far:

Names in red have qualified for the JGPF, blue are substitutes

Men Ladies Ice Dance Pairs
  1. Camden PULKINEN (USA) 28

2. Andrew TORGASHEV (USA) 24
  3. Stephen GOGOLEV (CAN) 22
  4. Kirill IAKOVLEV (RUS) 22
  5. Mitsuki SUMOTO (JPN) 20
  6. Roman SAVOSIN (RUS) 18
  7. Daniel GRASSL (ITA) 18
  8. Petr GUMENNIK (RUS) 15
  9. Andrei MOZALEV (RUS) 15
  10. Koshiro SHIMADA (JPN) 13
  11. Tomoki HIWATASHI (USA) 13
  12. Joseph PHAN (CAN) 13
  13. Adam SIAO HIM FA (FRA) 11

14. Yuto KISHINA (JPN) 11

1. Alena KOSTORNAIA (RUS) 30
  2. Anna SHCHERBAKOVA (RUS) 30
  3. Yelim KIM (KOR) 26
  4. Young YOU (KOR) 20
  5. Shiika YOSHIOKA (JPN) 16
  6. Alexandra TRUSOVA (RUS) 15
  7. Alena KANYSHEVA (RUS) 13
  8. Anastasia TARAKANOVA (RUS) 13
  9. Anna TARUSINA (RUS) 13
  10. Kseniia SINITSYNA (RUS) 11
  11. Viktoria VASILIEVA (RUS) 11
  12. Rion SUMIYOSHI (JPN) 11
  1. Elizaveta KHUDAIBERDIEVA / Nikita NAZAROV (RUS) 30

2. Marjorie LAJOIE / Zachary LAGHA (CAN) 28
  3. Eliana GROPMAN / Ian SOMERVILLE (USA) 18
  4. Loicia DEMOUGEOT / Theo LE MERCIER (FRA) 16
  5. Arina USHAKOVA / Maxim NEKRASOV (RUS) 15
  6. Sofia SHEVCHENKO / Igor EREMENKO (RUS) 15
  7. Natalie D'ALESSANDRO / Bruce WADDELL (CAN) 14
  8. Avonley NGUYEN / Vadym KOLESNIK (USA) 13
  9. Maria KAZAKOVA / Georgy REVIYA (GEO) 13
  10. Elizaveta SHANAEVA / Devid NARYZHNYY (RUS) 13

11. Polina IVANENKO / Daniil KARPOV (RUS) 13

12. Diana DAVIS / Gleb SMOLKIN (RUS) 11

13. Ksenia KONKINA / Alexander VAKHNOV (RUS) 11

14. Eva KUTS / Dmitrii MIKHAILOV (RUS) 11

15. Darya POPOVA / Volodymyr BYELIKOV (UKR) 11

1. Anastasia MISHINA / Aleksandr GALLIAMOV (RUS) 30
  2. Polina KOSTIUKOVICH / Dmitrii IALIN (RUS) 28
  3. Kseniia AKHANTEVA / Valerii KOLESOV (RUS) 26
  4. Apollinariia PANFILOVA / Dmitry RYLOV (RUS) 26
  5. Anastasia POLUIANOVA / Dmitry SOPOT (RUS) 22

6. Sarah FENG / TJ NYMAN (USA) 16

7. Laiken LOCKLEY / Keenan PROCHNOW (USA) 14

8. Riku MIURA / Shoya ICHIHASHI (JPN) 13

9. Patricia ANDREW / Paxton FLETCHER (CAN) 13

10. Cleo HAMON / Denys STREKALIN (FRA) 12

19 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

About those Kanto regionals, we've spoken a bit in Team Japan in re to Shun Sato and JGP so let me bring the scores/protocols over:

https://www.jsfresults.com/National/2018-2019/fs_j/block2/index.htm

Well, with a lot of the current Junior guys moving up, they should get to JGP next year at least. Still having a headdesk moment at stsq2 for Yuma. And I guess Kao Miura still loves the boards? Looked at his 2017 Asian Open skates and each time he messed up, it's right when he notices he underestimated the space he had till he hits the boards. 

Oh, and a really decent write up about the three musketeers junior boys:

https://jumpitwithashuulanditwithapa.tumblr.com/post/178628798218/state-of-japanese-skating-ii-yuma-kagiyama-shun

Guest turquoiseblue
20 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

About those Kanto regionals, we've spoken a bit in Team Japan in re to Shun Sato and JGP so let me bring the scores/protocols over:

https://www.jsfresults.com/National/2018-2019/fs_j/block2/index.htm

Here is the result page in English:

Kanto Regional

Results from other competitions can be found here:

National Competition Results Index (English)

3 hours ago, Xen said:

Well, with a lot of the current Junior guys moving up, they should get to JGP next year at least.

That's not really the point. 

He should have gotten one now. He lost extremely valuable international experience this year. This is when he should have had a bit of room to breathe and stabilize fully, among other things, thanks to that experience. Instead they have pushed him aside for very obviously less talented skaters who will never do anything at all in international competition, and for what? Usual JSF nonsense. 

There are three folks here who should have gotten two assignments and that's Koshiro, Shun and Yuma and while two did, the third and IMO most talented of those three was left out to dry. Next season ... yeah well, we're just starting this season and his is practically over. And what if something happens, knock on wood it'll be fine of course, but skating is not an easy sport. Injuries happen. He will have no experience whatsoever to fall back on in that case.

You don't get JGP spots by how old you are once you get into the Junior age range. You should get them by looking at your overall talent and development of that talent. It's really no comfort at all to think well, there's next season. Shun thought that last season too and oopsie. 

I'm really disappointed about Shun missing his JGP debut. He and Stephen were those I was looking forward the most (before I discovered a whole bunch of lovely Russian boys :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:... tho I guess Shun has better tech than them spins aside:13877886:)

I hope he'll slay Jr JNats (he's going to JrNats, right?) and that he'll earn again the right of an appearance in Sr Nats too...well, not an international comp, but at least there will be some more experience to garner...

and while Brian has started talking about Stephen seasons ago and Skate Canada happily backed him...a skater whoìs among the closest to Stephen in the tech vs. age ratio is unceremoniously left at home by his own fed:13877886:iirc Shun was defeated is some pre-JGPassignment comp, so maybe JSF was trying to be 'fair', but it's such a lack of foresight:shame: but looking at the bright side...he doesn't have to deal with the hype yet?:tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:

btw I love the Eastern Japan boys:10636614: