robin

2018 Grand Prix of Figure Skating Helsinki - Tickets and Discussion

5 minutes ago, Winnie_20 said:

It's a bit sad that I consider my Bronze seats better than the Gold seats I had in my basket a few minutes ago. :xD:

I was actually thinking the same... I had a B2 and an A7 at different times, but I was aiming for A2/A3, so my D5 Bronze actually seems better than those :1:

(A few years ago I went to a concert and bought tickets at the last minute, at the venue and was warned the view might not be good, because it was stage-side. In the end, I was row 6, two steps away from the stage and had the best view I could have hoped for otherwise. So things sometimes are better than they seem...)

ETA: Though then again, the A1, row 1 @kaaaaaaat had might be a bit better than my D5 row 2 lol

7 minutes ago, Winnie_20 said:

It's a bit sad that I consider my Bronze seats better than the Gold seats I had in my basket a few minutes ago. :xD:

not sad for your wallet :space:

Ah, I forgot that All Events go up before single event tickets! I got depressed even before I thought that this is normal and happens every time xD

Guys, judging by the All-event prices, how much do you think the single event tickets will cost? And when will they be up? 

If I can get Men's SP and FS for less than 50 euros for both, I might actually go for it? We'll see. 

36 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

My friend did this last year at Worlds and said it was fun.

Does anyone want to try with me?

XD

http://www.arcticexpedition.fi/Arctic_Expedition/How_to_book.html

Wow, I was looking for activities to do in Helsinki and wanted to go on a husky or reindeer sled ride but most operators  were far north and only in December. This one actually is near Helsinki and operates in Autumn. Thanks for the link!

Now I am thinking should I skip ice dance or add a day to Helsinki. ..

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

Ah, I forgot that All Events go up before single event tickets! I got depressed even before I thought that this is normal and happens every time xD

Guys, judging by the All-event prices, how much do you think the single event tickets will cost? And when will they be up? 

If I can get Men's SP and FS for less than 50 euros for both, I might actually go for it? We'll see. 

the price for the individual tickets says 68 EUR for me (Bronze), so I'd assume in one of the lower categories it is possible (but that is assuming they will be left until October)

2 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

The bronze tickets have sth along 67euros printed on all of them. So about this much for a bronze one? 

47 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

omg

@kiches do you have a vacuum sealer i can borrow?

:rofl3: @Danibellerika might have a short video of me unsealing that bag in South Korea :dancingpooh:. Let me tell you I was amazed, I will never NOT compress stuffed animals again when I see skating. I just bought a couple of vacuum seal bags from my local Daiso like the ones mentioned in this blog. You don't need anything special, just a vacuum cleaner with a hose attachment to suck all the air out. These bags are usually intended for comforters, blankets, or pillows to save space on storage so they're large and easy to use, I just reinforce the valve with tape just in case.

46 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: You can do it! 

This needs a warning. :dbana:

42 minutes ago, kaaaaaaat said:

Omg those poor pooh bears

Don't worry, after a few hours they were right as rain!

Got silver in the second wave, so I'd like to sell the one I bought earlier: Category 1, section A1, row 10, seat 141. Since we're all fans here, I'll happily let it go for 75% of face value. 

How are we supposed to access Thursday practices? There is no ticket for Thursday???

Just now, Floria said:

How are we supposed to access Thursday practices? There is no ticket for Thursday???

I was wondering about this because on the ticket it says they're basically single use like you can only be admitted once or something but you're supposed to have access to Thursday practices by showing your all event ticket? I hope they'll clarify on this at some point

quick i need help. If I buy 2 nice tickets, will I be able to sell my cat1 tickets, B3 11 row on the shortvside of the rink later on?

I think they said you have to show the tickets and it has to have All Event written on them. Then we can go in on Thursday...

Yeah, just show your all-event tickets, and you're probably set. 

I just want them to figure out their yes/no assigned seating. I'm still desperate for assigned seating because I hatehatehatehatehatehatehate queueing in the cold and in the night and... whatever. Just no. <---- they said they cannot say yes/no until the security folks come back from holiday next week. *le sigh*

Whew, that was a lot crazier than I expected it to be! But I now have a ticket - Cat 1, Row 10, A6! I was hoping for something closer to the middle or closer to the K&C, but in the frenzy I got what I got and it's not like I can afford to nab another ticket now even if I see people selling :/ Oh well, I have a ticket! 

If anyone is sitting in my section let me know! All my friends got other sections so I'll be sitting alone haha

6 minutes ago, Winnie_20 said:

Yeah, just show your all-event tickets, and you're probably set. 

I just want them to figure out their yes/no assigned seating. I'm still desperate for assigned seating because I hatehatehatehatehatehatehate queueing in the cold and in the night and... whatever. Just no. <---- they said they cannot say yes/no until the security folks come back from holiday next week. *le sigh*

I mean there's a seat number on my tickets so I don't feel like they can just say oh hey it's random afterward