robin

2018 Grand Prix of Figure Skating Helsinki - Tickets and Discussion

I saw a good airbnb for $84/night...6 person total. It's right next to the Ice Hall which is nice o_O

rQvzKQb.png

(the unlabeled beige structure is the Ice Hall)

Super spontaneous as (1) i don't even have tickets yet and (2) don't have 5 other people to live with but i was afraid that it would be booked hahaha (lmk if you're interested in sharing, there's 3 queen sized beds. one real bed and two pull out sofa beds)

1 minute ago, Elaine said:

I booked the hotel for Helsinki and Moscow, and bought tickets for SCAC and GPF. :peekapooh:The season finally starts for me .

I'm so jealous of you right now! :clapping-smiley:

On 6/28/2018 at 11:17 PM, Tee said:

Which do you guys buy first, plane ticket or accommodation? 

This will be my first live event, hope i can go :embSwan:

If you know what the officil hotel is going to be and you want to stay there then you book that first. The rooms go really fast. Otherwise it's a big city with plenty of hotels of different prices.
I doubt the arena will be sold out but be prepared to fight for the better seats with Japanese fans the day they go on sale.
Flights in Europe nowadays are not a big problem.

ETA: It seems likely to sell out (seating capacity of 8,200) but maybe not right away like in Japan. I'm sure he has plenty of new fans after PC. Probably many will go either to Helsinki or Moscow but not both. We'll see.

I'd like to go back to Helsinki, but it will depend on the ticket prices and some other things. I just hope I can go to either Helsinki or CoR it would be a dream to go to both competitions  and if I go it'd be very nice to meet some of you guys and cheer for Yuzu together :grouphug:

51 minutes ago, cirelle said:

I’d say book hotel with free cancellation RIGHT NOW, I did. Helsinki is expensive. And like someone said, All Saints is a holiday, there will be lots of people traveling that weekend.  

14 minutes ago, Summer said:

If you know what the officil hotel is going to be and you want to stay there then you book that first. The rooms go really fast. Otherwise it's a big city with plenty of hotels of different prices.

Hotel: booked

Champagne: popped (except not really) 

Thank you for the advice :snpeace:

1 hour ago, MrPudding said:

god I’m gonna try so hard to go even if the flight is pricey for me :sadPooh:

Yep, I feel you. For me it's the price *AND* the time. (And what about work... gosh). 

@yuzuangel You could count me in for one of the 5 (if there's any places left, lol). 

What sort of airbnb place is it that's $84 per night for 6 (????) Is this skating venue in the middle of nowhere?

6 minutes ago, wingman said:

Yep, I feel you. For me it's the price *AND* the time. (And what about work... gosh). 

@yuzuangel You could count me in for one of the 5 (if there's any places left, lol). 

What sort of airbnb place is it that's $84 per night for 6 (????) Is this skating venue in the middle of nowhere?

Wait, 84$ total?  I thought that was per person :o 

That seems almost too good to be true!

If I can get tickets, I’d definitely want a piece of that :laughing:

Hotel booked. 

Hopefully getting tickets will not be a nightmare. 

I guess if practices were open to public at Helsinki Worlds, they'll do the same for GP event, right?

10 minutes ago, wingman said:

2 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

Wait, 84$ total?  I thought that was per person :o 

That seems almost too good to be true!

If I can get tickets, I’d definitely want a piece of that :laughing:

well, we'd have to squish but it'd be a party!!

here's the link: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/18913071

i hope they don't cancel on me once they get the taste of hanyuconomy

43 minutes ago, Lunna said:

Hostel booking done :drink2:

lol me too

I booked a double room, so if my friend gives it a pass I'll be willing to share!

2 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

well, we'd have to squish but it'd be a party!!

here's the link: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/18913071

i hope they don't cancel on me once they get the taste of hanyuconomy

I don’t mind sleeping on the couch for that price! I can cancel the hotel I reserved until like a day before so I’ll just keep it as back up just in case

1 minute ago, axelnojutsu said:

I don’t mind sleeping on the couch for that price! I can cancel the hotel I reserved until like a day before so I’ll just keep it as back up just in case

ok! yay!

so far tentatively me, @axelnojutsu @wingman @sallycinnamon @robin are interested :))

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

ok! yay!

so far tentatively me, @axelnojutsu @wingman @sallycinnamon @robin are interested :))

If you've got room, I wouldn't mind in on the party :laughing: I booked a hostel just in case but I'm not super happy with it, I'd probably keep looking for something else anyway.

5 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

Plus there’s good company :9: