robin

2018 Grand Prix of Figure Skating Helsinki - Tickets and Discussion

Which do you guys buy first, plane ticket or accommodation? 

This will be my first live event, hope i can go :embSwan:

Oooh, shiiiit, 1st of November is All Saints Day, which means the whole end of the weak is a holiday, no problem getting free time from work... BUT how am I gonna tell my family that I'd rather ditch meeting them, All Saints Day is a really big deal over here!:smiley_hairpull:  

eta: omg, maybe I could even talk my friend into going, she's wanted to go for some time but never could due to work, and she just looooves Finland! omg omg!:studsmatta:

Just now, Tee said:

Which do you guys buy first, plane ticket or accommodation? 

This will be my first live event, hope i can go :embSwan:

1st: event ticket. 2nd flight. 3rd acommodation

2 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

BUT how am I gonna tell my family that I'd rather ditch meeting them, All Saints Day is a really big deal over here!:smiley_hairpull:

Tell them you're worshipping another god now

(no please, better you don't do that :laughing: sorry, kidding)

Welp... Finland it is, then. I don't mind, I loved Helsinki, felt so much at home there, and it's easy travel from here.

But tickets sales... August?! Goodness, that's so long away still. Such torture having to wait for that. 

2 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

Oooh, shiiiit, 1st of November is All Saints Day, which means the whole end of the weak is a holiday, no problem getting free time from work... BUT how am I gonna tell my family that I'd rather ditch meeting them, All Saints Day is a really big deal over here!:smiley_hairpull:

Yeah, I already though about it as well. I'm just worried getting out of the country on the 1st is going to be more of a pain than usual, considering holiday schedules and whatnot. But I guess that can still be managed somehow... or there's always the option of going a day earlier.

13 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

1st: event ticket. 2nd flight. 3rd acommodation

:thanks: that makes sense in case i don't get the event ticket :1: waiting for the isu to release the gps assignments has fried my brain

3 minutes ago, Tee said:

:thanks: that makes sense in case i don't get the event ticket :1: waiting for the isu to release the gps assignments has fried my brain

Can't wait to cry some more when I inevitably fail to get tickets :war:

2 minutes ago, Tee said:

I’d say book hotel with free cancellation RIGHT NOW, I did. Helsinki is expensive. And like someone said, All Saints is a holiday, there will be lots of people traveling that weekend.  

1 minute ago, Rainna said:

Yeah, I already though about it as well. I'm just worried getting out of the country on the 1st is going to be more of a pain than usual, considering holiday schedules and whatnot. But I guess that can still be managed somehow... or there's always the option of going a day earlier.

Oh, I actually didn't think that the shuttle bus to my airport of choice might be on a holiday schedule, damn it. Hopefully there still be enough connections that the early booking will solve the problem. 

Just now, axelnojutsu said:

Can't wait to cry some more when I inevitably fail to get tickets :war:

Surely we must prevail somehow?

1 minute ago, cirelle said:

I’d say book hotel with free cancellation RIGHT NOW, I did. Helsinki is expensive. And like someone said, All Saints is a holiday, there will be lots of people traveling that weekend.  

good advice, I'll take it too!

5 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

Oh, I actually didn't think that the shuttle bus to my airport of choice might be on a holiday schedule, damn it. Hopefully there still be enough connections that the early booking will solve the problem. 

No clue about these buses actually, but my mind goes straight to predicting any possible problems right away :laughing: but yeah, I'm sure there'll be a way, I mean, people DO travel on that date.

Also just realized that I'll most likely be on a few days long trip until August 1st... I hope the "early August" ticket sales won't start THAT early :13877886: