FIFA World Cup 2018

Yatagarasu

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

I don't know much about the team (except Lewandowski of course), but hey, we're dwa bratanki so I'd cheer for your team anyway  :agree: The first match against Senegal could be deciding who'll advance to the round of 16...

That's just right! Cheers! :cheers:

Lewandowski is definitely the star everybody knows  :biggrin:, but we do have some other good guys. My favourite is probably Błaszczykowski, one of the veterans of the team, very humble and dependable.
And yeah, there might not be any of the powerhouse teams in our group, but that doesn't mean we're going to have it easy. I'm kind of (optimistically) hoping we can beat Senegal and Colombia, and then like... tie with Japan, cause it's going to make me sad to see either of the teams lose. :P  That's just very theoretical wishful thinking, though... in reality, the scenario to hope for is the one which allows us to advance and doesn't pit us against England in 1/8. :laughing:

34 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

is anyone else cringing?

Opening ceremonies at World Cups are always extremely cringey :D Rock DJ is really too much now...but I liked Angels that's a nice song and until then it was pretty well organised + it was nice to see Ronaldo :tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw: 

ETA: Casillas and Natalia Vodianova presented the cup? :)

10 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

Ok, even if it was our only victory, it was a great way for the host team to open the WC. I'm deeeply surprised and impressed. Great present for all the fans. :jumpingyellow:

That was a great game!  Russia looked really confident out there.  Apparently it was the strongest opening match by a host country in history.