FIFA World Cup 2018

Yatagarasu

Very nice, Japan!  Did my best to watch, although I had to deal with phone streaming and messy reception on the train. 
Oh, am I going to be conflicted next week for POL-JPN... :14066882: Japan might just turn out the tougher opponent than Colombia if this was any indicator, which makes me both happy and not really at the same time :P

For now though, very excited (and nervous) for the match with Senegal!

4 minutes ago, Rainna said:

Very nice, Japan!  Did my best to watch, although I had to deal with phone streaming and messy reception on the train. 
Oh, am I going to be conflicted next week for POL-JPN... :14066882: Japan might just turn out the tougher opponent than Colombia if this was any indicator, which makes me both happy and not really at the same time :P

For now though, very excited (and nervous) for the match with Senegal!

I won't be able to watch the next match but good luck to Poland :fingerscrossed:

Well done, Samurai Blue!

Before I cared about Hanyu's existence, I was a fan of Japan's football team but they wrecked my heart and made me shed tears in WC2014 despite having a talented pool of young and technically gifted players. Surprised they managed to turn it around when people are less hyped about the team now. Well, I just hope this doesn't end the same way as 2014 and they return home with better games under their belt. (Also, I wish the Japaness players would have the same confidence as Hanyu in their skills, because some of these players are truly gifted, but I guess that's the reason Yuzu's an anomaly.)

Own goal... good grief, that was bad :13877886::13877886::13877886:
The first half wasn't very pleasant and/or satisfying to watch and that was just the worst wrap-up to it.
We'll definitely need some breakthrough and a way to get through that defense if this game is going to turn around...

ETA: 

Well, that's over. What a (mostly) disaster of a game...
Very little proper and effective attack for the majority of the game. Both goals lost due to mistakes. That's the worst way to lose :13877886:
At least there was a little redemption at the end... but too late to make a difference.

7 minutes ago, Rainna said:

Pretty much the mood in Poland this evening. :P

Wow, the points in general are pretty wild so far.

I'm sure in Germany was the same mood after their first match. lol

I'm sure tho that the big teams will come around in the second round and their star players will work their magic and win the damn matches!